Loreena

There Is No Real Love In This World.

90 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jse said:

Yes, that is "Lucky".  Today is his passing-away 3rd anniversary.
He taught me a lot, and is missed very much.

Jose-0272.jpg

That's so sad... You can feel the love is real!

José, were Lucky and Lena always together?

@jse Cute!  Looks like a lab/retriever mix?  Flat coated retriever?   11356968_633338063469297_1998935643_n.jp 
This is my dearly departed Chelsea.  Best dog I ever had, passed about three years ago as well.

I'm sorry for your loss, @Annetta.
Yes, Lucky was mostly a Black Labrador.  I can't imagine how this breed ended up half way around the world, in such a remote tropical island.

On 24/04/2017 at 5:34 PM, Lai said:

José, were Lucky and Lena always together?

Lucky and Lena were inseparable until the end.  The loss hit her hard, she was depressed for months afterwards.

3QVAuDi.jpg

Edited by jse

@jse What sorts of breeds are usually more common on this island?  Are most of your dogs strays you have found?

@Annetta yes all strays, but they've found me instead.  You'll find all kinds of mixed breeds here nowadays.
It's a sad life for most strays just being able to survive in Asia.  Excruciatingly painful and slow death by poisoning is common here.

@jse I looked up the little island that you live on, I am surprised that there are strays there.  Is it a problem?
Yeah, back when I worked at a dog daycare there was this one dog who was rescued from Thailand and it looked very similar to your tan dog, but leaner.  It was a very nice dog, I like that sort of bat-eared sight hound look that they have.  I think its name was Lucky, too.  It came from a rescue organization that takes dogs from Thailand and rehomes them in the U.S. and the owner had mentioned that a lot of the people there try to get rid of strays due to disease and stuff.

It's a people-problem here in Asia - the dogs are fine.  Dogs don't destroy the environment like people do.  There are no problematic diseases caused by dogs, unlike the myriad of diseases bred by thoughtless people and their irresponsible actions.

Asian people love and breed cute puppies.  And when these grow out of their cuteness, they then dump the puppies on the street or the nearest temple, or just plain poison them.  "Callous" would be too mild a word to describe these low-consciousness heartless monkeys, and the immense suffering they cause.

Just yesterday I pulled up at the traffic lights on my bike.  Next to me was a pickup truck with a pig at the back tied tightly with rope.  The poor animal was in very obvious distress lying on the burning hot pickup tray, under the hot midday sun.  The couple in the air-con pickup cabin smiled at me and shrugged their shoulders, as if their abhorrent behavior was normal.  The thought of putting this suffering soul out of its misery in a humanly way didn't even occur to them.

Animals are fine - it's people that are the problem.  @Annetta please don't get me started on this topic.

So in some ways @Loreena is right.  As my friend says, what the world needs now is love.

Tell me about it, one of the cats I rescued came from a hoarder and it was so anemic that it needed a blood transfusion.  It looked like it could be in a PETA add or something.  She grew up to be a very beautiful cat.  Her name is Blanca.  11236145_1388384871491092_145583628_n.jp
That's horrible, I feel bad for the pig.  Were they taking it to be slaughtered and didn't see the need to make sure it was comfortable?  I see that sometimes here, too when they transport pigs and cows and stuff the containers they are in seem crowded and hot.

1 hour ago, jse said:

It's a people-problem here in Asia - the dogs are fine.  Dogs don't destroy the environment like people do.  There are no problematic diseases caused by dogs, unlike the myriad of diseases bred by thoughtless people and their irresponsible actions.

Asian people love and breed cute puppies.  And when these grow out of their cuteness, they then dump the puppies on the street or the nearest temple, or just plain poison them.  "Callous" would be too mild a word to describe these low-consciousness heartless monkeys, and the immense suffering they cause.

Just yesterday I pulled up at the traffic lights on my bike.  Next to me was a pickup truck with a pig at the back tied tightly with rope.  The poor animal was in very obvious distress lying on the burning hot pickup tray, under the hot midday sun.  The couple in the air-con pickup cabin smiled at me and shrugged their shoulders, as if their abhorrent behavior was normal.  The thought of putting this suffering soul out of its misery in a humanly way didn't even occur to them.

Animals are fine - it's people that are the problem.  @Annetta please don't get me started on this topic.

This is what I like about you José, you stand behind your convictions.
But please be careful not to get involved with any trouble and get hurt.  You cannot change the world by yourself!

@jse you sound like my grandparents and my family. They hate people because people ruin the environment and hurt poor animals.

Everytime my family brings up the topic I feel like telling 'em "you realize youre a person right?"

Also I'm getting a little offended that you're only showing dogs lol. What about birds, cats, turtles, etc? They are poor conscious beings too! DISCRIMINATION

Edited by electroBeam

34 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

What about birds, cats, turtles, etc?

@electroBeam I've also taken care of injured turtles, snakes, birds and plenty of other critters, but no pics to prove it.

Here's a pic of the current patient, a pigeon which had given up the will to live in the middle of a busy street, with a badly broken leg being the result of a (common here) monkey's slingshot:

pigeon.jpg

Some basic care, two x-rays, three bandages later, and he'll be ready to fly again in a few weeks or so.
This guy sure has a lot of arguments over food with the identical guy on the other side of his mirror.  That's pigeon ego issues for you...

4 hours ago, Vaishnavi said:

Even with kids its many a times simply attachment, love is rare I guess

It is rare since it takes effort :P

On 2017-04-23 at 5:49 AM, Loreena said:

There is no real love in this world.

Or is there

Only you can confirm this.

@Vanish  Deep in my heart I feel  --- It doesn't exist .... we just convince ourselves to believe it does because that makes us feel good the way we convince children that everything is alright when times are bad.

Sorry......................but human nature is intrinsically selfish.

so the answer is a little bitter - there is no real love.

Accept and move on.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

5 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Accept and move on.

That is love ;)

@Vanish could be and has to be

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly