SOUL

Maya, Illusion And Absolute Truth

30 posts in this topic

These are just ideas and concepts of the mind that people believe in.

By saying that one "knows" it and not believes it does not change what it is, something in the mind that one trusts as being valid.

"be·lieve/bəˈlēv/

verb

1 accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.

2 hold (something) as an opinion; think or suppose."

Why do so many cling to it as having value to free the mind from beliefs while it is belief itself?

It may be reasoned that on the way to freeing the mind of all beliefs this is the last one before it's released in enlightenment.

With the vast number of sincere seekers and yet so few who attain what they seek maybe it is a stumbling block more than it is a stepping stone to them.

My intent is not to be critical of others at all, in fact I am genuinely hoping that everyone finds what they seek.

I am being without ever believing that life is maya, without believing the mind is illusion and without believing I know the Absolute Truth.

In your seeking it is something to consider... but don't think too long on it, just let it go already.

I am being here now without ever using these beliefs.

I did a mini-meditation on this. I let go of all my beliefs. Even my beliefs in meanings. When I don't believe in meanings nothing can grab my attention. This meditation silenced my mind. My head is still buzzing. I think I just found my favorite meditation technique.

Thank you! :) 

52 minutes ago, SOUL said:

By saying that one "knows" it and not believes it does not change what it is, something in the mind that one trusts as being valid.

The difference between belief and trust is immense. The two are very different; while belief is directed towards an object, trust is an inner quality.

The man of trust simply lives out of his trust; whatever happens does not matter. If he is being deceived continuously, then too, it does not matter. Nothing happens to his trust. His trust is something invincible, and that gives integrity.

A man who trusts simply trusts. And each time he is cheated because of his trust, his trust is not destroyed, it is strengthened.

Trust is one of the great qualities of your being. Trust is your inner growth, your consciousness at its peak.

A man of trust. it does not mean in what he trusts, but he trusts; that is his innocence. Even if he is cheated because of his trust, that does not matter, because trust is more valuable than any small thing that he has been cheated of. You can take everything from him, but you cannot take his trust.

Growth is a by-product of the inquiry into truth. Believers never grow, they remain childish. And remember, to be childlike and to be childish are poles apart, they are not the same thing. It is beautiful to be childlike. The man of trust is childlike and the man of belief is childish. To be childlike is the ultimate in growth; that is the very culmination - consciousness has come to the ultimate peak. To be childlike means to be a sage, and to be childish means to be just un-grownup.

A real man never believes; he learns. A real man never becomes knowledgeable; he always remains open, open to truth. And he always remembers that "It is not that truth has to adjust to me, but just vice versa: I have to adjust to truth." The believer tries to adjust truth to himself, the seeker adjusts himself to truth. Remember the difference; the difference is tremendous. One who believes, he says, "Truth should be like this, this is my belief."

The believer cannot even trust his own experience. Even if truth is revealed, he will reject it, unless it fits with him. He is more important than truth itself: truth has an obligation to fit with him. He is the criterion, he is the decisive factor. This kind of man can never know truth; he is already prejudiced, poisoned.

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

The difference between belief and trust is immense. The two are very different; while belief is directed towards an object, trust is an inner quality.

"be·lief/bəˈlēf/

noun

an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"trust/trəst/

noun

firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something."

It seems the difference you believe is immense is not that at all.

Your reply is filled with ideas and concepts you believe in including but not limited to what is a "real man" to you and insulting people who believe.

Sometimes limiting beliefs can be about belief itself.

@SOUL  I don't believe dictionaries, I trust words of enlightened masters. I have learned it from life.

1 hour ago, Barna said:

I did a mini-meditation on this. I let go of all my beliefs. Even my beliefs in meanings. When I don't believe in meanings nothing can grab my attention. This meditation silenced my mind. My head is still buzzing. I think I just found my favorite meditation technique.

Thank you! :) 

Well, that's awesome to hear

I personally don't let belief be a stumbling block to me in that I don't view them as preventing me from being at peace.

@Prabhaker Trading one belief for another and relabeling it doesn't change what it is.

Just now, SOUL said:

Trading one belief for another and relabeling it doesn't change what it is.

I will trust, whatever you call it, whatever may be the consequence.

I think/believe/feel (pick your poison) that Prabhaker has a point here. Believe and trust are very different indeed. All though, I am not a big fan of the word trust, and thus, prefer the word faith. Let's consider this for a moment shall we....

When I say....

I believe spirituality will grant me the right path.

Stop and reflect on that for a second. 

Then say....

I have faith spirituality will grant me the right path. 

Now reflect on that.

I am not sure what your subjective experience tells you, but I feel differently when exposed to these statements. For me, believing is rooted in logic and rationale. Faith is rooted in well........faith. Our brain is a dance between those two. Hence, when you have faith in something, it is not that you are believing in that particular thing as your logical brain would, it's you feeling it in all its form and presence. 

So when you say:

7 hours ago, SOUL said:

Why do so many cling to it as having value to free the mind from beliefs while it is belief itself?

People that see value in freeing the mind are believing in it only in thought form. The real gift comes from having faith in this whole business of spirituality. And like I said faith is feeling the value of the free mind, not believing in it. 

I reckon you're right, once you're enlightened, if that even exists, the last thoughts that you will have to surrender will be those beliefs about it. But I doubt the Buddha, once enlightened, wasn't able to feel faith ever again. That is the whole point of being human. I can't imagine how a person can be  enlightened and not have faith. If you take away faith, I can only think of a depressed person.

11 hours ago, ashashlov said:

All though, I am not a big fan of the word trust, and thus, prefer the word faith

Yes, faith is an innate force

Belief is a mind trust construct.

Edited by SOUL
grammar

8 hours ago, SOUL said:

I personally don't let belief be a stumbling block to me in that I don't view them as preventing me from being at peace.

In my meditation I let beliefs go because my goal is not peace. :) 

So, as I see, some of you don't even want to try to let go faith and trust. What are you afraid of? If it can be let go then it's not ultimately you. 

It feels dangerous to let go faith and trust, isn't it? You need to feel that "everything is going to be okay" otherwise life is just too scary. Face your fears, try to let go faith and trust. Try out how does it feel like to not cling to anything, to jump into the unknown. I know, you have to be crazy for that. Then have the courage to be crazy. Keep in mind that you are the divine, nothing can ultimately affect you. Try it out, Just for a meditation. After that, you can come back, you can have faith and trust again. :) 

6 hours ago, Barna said:

In my meditation I let beliefs go because my goal is not peace. :) 

You don't seek to be at peace? Hmmm interesting.

With just being here now this creates and cultivates peace, joy, love and faith in me.

26 minutes ago, SOUL said:

You don't seek to be at peace? Hmmm interesting.

With just being here now this creates and cultivates peace, joy, love and faith in me.

I am not at war, why would I seek peace? :D 

My goal is ecstasy. In other words: intense joy and love. How do you cultivate it? 

6 minutes ago, Barna said:

I am not at war, why would I seek peace? :D 

My goal is ecstasy. In other words: intense joy and love. How do you cultivate it? 

This peace is not the opposite of war, it's contentment and fulfillment.

I don't cultivate them, just being here now cultivates it in me.

27 minutes ago, SOUL said:

This peace is not the opposite of war, it's contentment and fulfillment.

I don't cultivate them, just being here now cultivates it in me.

What is your point in talking about your state of consciousness if you don't teach us how to get there? :)

@Barna

Here's my step by step guide to infinite enlightenment.

Step 1 : Be here now

Step 2 : See step 1

Step 3 : See step 2

Step 4 : See step 3

Step 5 : See step 4

Step 6 : See step 5

Step 7 : See step 6

Step 8 : See step 7

Step 9 : See step 8

Step 10 : See step 9

keep going on to an infinite number of steps needed to achieve enlightenment.

You are breathing.you feel the hand.you see.you feel your tongue.

This is the only real thing.then "I" comes in!  trying to understand it,or in other words,turn all of this into symbols.beliefs.this,that.

But maybe,this is our blind spot.we dont need to understand anythig.it is already here.all of this is you,we are not alien here.everything in the world,all of the feelings in the world,if become experienced,then they are us! we are our own home.we just need to realize this,and return home.