You have seen your golden wings.
Of anything less,
why do you worry?
You are in truth
the soul, of the soul, of the soul.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

@Barna

Here's my step by step guide to infinite enlightenment.

Step 1 : Be here now

Step 2 : See step 1

Step 3 : See step 2

Step 4 : See step 3

Step 5 : See step 4

Step 6 : See step 5

Step 7 : See step 6

Step 8 : See step 7

Step 9 : See step 8

Step 10 : See step 9

keep going on to an infinite number of steps needed to achieve enlightenment.

:D

I am here. Where else could I be? 

@Barna  In the same way we are now, when else could we be?

Be attentive to being here now.

Not distracted so as to forget it.

12 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Barna  In the same way we are now, when else could we be?

Be attentive to being here now.

Not distracted so as to forget it.

If I forget it, don't I forget it here and now? If I'm lost in thoughts, am I not lost in thoughts here and now? I don't understand how could I ever be not here and now. And how can I be here and now more than what I experience (here and now)?

1 minute ago, Barna said:

If I forget it, don't I forget it here and now? If I'm lost in thoughts, am I not lost in thoughts here and now? I don't understand how could I ever be not here and now. And how can I be here and now more than what I experience (here and now)?

It seems you prefer to be distracted from being, enjoy it.

8 hours ago, SOUL said:

Thank you for the video. It's easy to be aware when I'm not doing any mental work.

11 hours ago, SOUL said:

It seems you prefer to be distracted from being, enjoy it.

It's not about preference. Do you know a method for being aware while doing mental work?

@Barna  I guess that illustrates the "mastery" of being what people call a "master".

Initially we can barely stay aware of being aware for a minute or few without getting distracted by our theater of mind.

Growing to a point where we are not just quieting the mind so we can focus but we can focus even with the mind offering distractions.

Then on to being able to be aware with distractions in the mind and also around us, like with a radio going or typical life noise from the world like barking dogs or playing kids off in the distance.

Another step is to get moving and doing simple tasks while being present or maybe having a cup of coffee/tea with a friend staying attentive to being.

It's something that can be developed even if it's not easy to do it. Being in groups of people or an especially active and boisterous environment while staying in the moment would be worthy goals to seek.

Obviously some of the most difficult scenarios would be to staying aware of our awareness during intense mental tasks or under duress and times like that.

I found that being vigilant when those moments that the mind would wander to instead bring the focus back so eventually it becomes unconsciously habitual to gravitate back to conscious of being on it's own.

Essentially a master is a multi-tasker who can be both in the illuminated mind and able to live life typically.

Sure, many "master" types live simpler lives as opposed to complicated and demanding ones but if it's what you genuinely seek to accomplish you can find a way to learn to be more present more often.

Very few can achieve being present all of the time in all circumstances and I myself hasn't fulfilled that either although I'm still working towards that goal.

@SOUL thank you for the detailed answer. :)

The thing is that even when I'm doing awareness meditation, I don't feel intense love and joy. I can feel harmony but it's not ecstatic. 

I guess I have to find other methods. 

@Barna Another illustration i can use is comparing meditation to learning to play an instrument.

When we are learning to play an instrument at first it's a struggle since our fingers and hands don't know where to go also the passion is absent.

Then as we learn we become more able to form musical arrangements not just exercises for learning.

Though at that point our playing may have less passion in the playing and still is mechanical, we hear the song but we don't feel it.

Eventually we play the song with passion and this radiates out from us to others who experience it feel that, too.

Even further would be to grow to being able to spontaneously improvise within the song all the while keeping the passion.

I wouldn't venture to guess where your mediation is in that illustration but eventually you will be able to turn up the volume and improvise!

Keep practicing!