Shin

Emptiness Or Infinity

19 posts in this topic

So, from the last video of Rali, from one of his answer, he says that you can promote your type of awakening by practising certain type of meditation.

Do you guys have examples of that ?

Emptiness awakening -> more towards total detachement

Infinity awakening > more towards unconditional love

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Do you mean examples of "awakening" or examples of different types of meditations? 

39 minutes ago, Barna said:

Do you mean examples of "awakening" or examples of different types of meditations? 

Examples of awakening, like you can influence if you'll experience a void type of awakening or an infinity one.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

I experienced some minor infinity type of awakenings in the past few days. In these experiences I feel everything I perceive as myself. Let me try to explain. Some non-dual teachings say that you are awareness. In the past I interpreted these teachings as "I am only awareness". But in the awakenings my experience was that "Yes, I am awareness, and I am also everything else that is projected onto it". 

Now I included a trigger into my daily mini-meditations, it is the following: I ask myself "What is it?". And by "it" I mean everything that I perceive/experience. So I ask "What is it?" and the answer is "Self". I try to not answer it by a simple word, but I try to feel into the answer.

I don't know what exactly he said, but there are different facets and qualities that "awakenings" can take. A good teacher or certain practices can point you in a certain direction.
Sat: "Mountain of peace", Beingness, more a physical quality, "enlightenment on the level of gut"
Chit: "enlightnement on the level of mind", spacious, empty, consciousness, vastness
Ananda: "enlightenment on the level of heart", love, bliss, intimacy

These are the main qualities that an awakening beyond ego can take. It is on the "I am"-level. True enlightenment goes beyond that and includes all of it.

So, a good teacher point you directly at certain of these qualities, you can get a taste even if you are not enlightened. And certain teachers / practises are concerned mainly with one quality.

Selfinquiry and silent meditation. Or grace. Or life itself.

Edit: at least that is my opinion.

Edited by Toby

Personally, I tend to find the labels and categories within the realm of enlightenment and awakening to be an unnecessary hindrance. I'm trying to come to grips with what I am and am not, and I find a whack of levels, or 'locations' or 'stages' and a bunch of words to define and differentiate and translate, and understand, then apply practically without getting sidetracked and bogged down in 'teachings' and 'methods'. Phooey Louie, I just want to be on the path towards understanding and then living from Truth. There's gotta be a hundred and eleven ways to journey spiritually, I don't think it's necessary to bog down under an overly complicated learning curve of terms and translations. It's different if my natural interest is sparked by finding out about Vedanta or the Tao, and I'm drawn in and captivated by the Truths within the teachings, but I honestly don't believe there needs to be a specific 'course of action', in order ro awaken or be nearer and nearer to 'enlightenment. Self inquiry, meditation, concentration, contemplation.. sure, make it your toolbox, but I get turned off by acheivements and levels of wakefulness, and the labels and names for our 'level of spirituality'. My ego does I mean.. :$

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
Spellin

@Shin I think for infinity you could try metta meditation.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

3 minutes ago, FirstglimpseOMG said:

Personally, I tend to find the labels and categories within the realm of enlightenment and awakening to be an unnecessary hindrance. I'm trying to come to grips with what I am and am not, and I find a whack of levels, or 'locations' or 'stages' and a bunch of words to define and differentiate and translate, and understand, then apply practically without getting sidetracked and bogged down in 'teachings' and 'methods'. Phooey Louie, I just want to be on the path towards understanding and then living from Truth. There's gotta be a hundred and eleven ways to journey spiritually, I don't think it's necessary to bog down under an overly complicated learning curve of terms and translations. It's different if my natural interest is sparked by finding out about Vedanta or the Tao, and I'm drawn in and captivated by the Truths within the teachings, but I honestly don't believe there needs to be a specific 'course of action', in order ro awaken or be nearer and nearer to 'enlightenment. Self inquiry, meditation, concentration, contemplation.. sure, make it your toolbox, but I get turned off by acheivements and levels of wakefulness, and the labels and names for our 'level of spirituality'. My ego does I mean.. :$

I do too brah, but If I can influence this, I would definitely do it

3 minutes ago, Loreena said:

@Shin I think for infinity you could try metta meditation.

Thank you, seems to be what I'm looking for.

I don't have a friend though, I need to get a friend :P

God is love

And God in them

1 detachment, 3 infinity awakenings.  Both feel very different.

Detachment:

Infinity:

Edited by Annetta

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

I do too brah, but If I can influence this, I would definitely do it

Thank you, seems to be what I'm looking for.

I don't have a friend though, I need to get a friend :P

Indeed !

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Here Adya talks about the 3 stages of awakening

Very nice! I personally always had the idea i've awoken through the heart and the crown chakra. The heart awakening can be quite painful. Like a hot knife stabbing in the middle of the chest. Thanks for this. Time to cultivate unconditional love for everything :)

13 hours ago, Shin said:

So, from the last video of Rali, from one of his answer, he says that you can promote your type of awakening by practising certain type of meditation.

Do you guys have examples of that ?

Emptiness awakening -> more towards total detachement

Infinity awakening > more towards unconditional love

Is it possible to do both?

7 hours ago, username said:

Is it possible to do both?

Probably, but usually your first awakening happens in one way, "full enlightement" is a combination of both (with a tendency).

I guess Masters balance both to such a way that there isn't a tendency anymore.

@username When people refer to full enlightenment, or enlightenment, they talk about the realization that everything is one. From all the teachers I follow, or talked to, it seems there is no end, there is always new insights.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Shin I'm confused about this: is there really a complete enlightenment, or can you always go deeper?

If you listen to enough Gary Weber you'll hear him talk about it being a sweet place that somehow always gets sweeter and sweeter. Yes!!