aklacor727

High consciousness phone use?

22 posts in this topic

Sooo I went a tad off track these past couple of years in my personal development journey. And I am motivated to make some changes now! For one, I deactivated my social media. So that’s why I’m posting here.. on my spare time I consume a lot of educational content as far as YT videos and audio books, but looking for suggestions on a good place to just scroll (other than this forum or other forums really) lol that is more high consciousness and less of just a mindless distraction like social media can be. 
OR, any other suggestions on what I can do to replace social media time on my phone that is a higher consciousness activity?

i have been building healthy habits outside of phone stuff already, so specifically I’m looking to see suggestions on that. 

TY!!! :)

14 minutes ago, aklacor727 said:

And I am motivated to make some changes now!

Happy to hear that! Wish you the best

15 minutes ago, aklacor727 said:

OR, any other suggestions on what I can do to replace social media time on my phone that is a higher consciousness activity?

Have you tried reading? Audiobooks? or immersive reading?

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

Posted (edited)

@Davino thank you!! 
what is immersive reading?

i do listen to a lot of audio books already

Edited by aklacor727

How is your diet and fitness routine? 

“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

@Yimpa habits outside of phone use are fine for now, already working on that stuff.  Just curious on something entertaining/ higher consciousness as far as phone stuff 

@aklacor727 Ah gotcha. I’d like to watch more cooking videos and use AI to help me do more home cooking. I’m a complete noob when it comes to cooking!

But I recall one time asking AI how to reheat pizza effectively in the microwave, and it surprisingly gave me insight I would have never thought of on my own. It recommended I add a glass filled with half water in the microwave while reheating the pizza. That way it prevents the pizza from coming out soggy. To my surprise, it worked!!

“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

@Yimpa great idea on the cooking videos. I do enjoy cooking. Any favorite yt channels?

That’s crazy about the AI knowing what that 😶 I have never used AI! 

11 minutes ago, aklacor727 said:

great idea on the cooking videos. I do enjoy cooking. Any favorite yt channels?

Just found this YouTube channel and will watch this video. ^_^

12 minutes ago, aklacor727 said:

That’s crazy about the AI knowing what that 😶 I have never used AI! 

Heh, you’re in for a ride once you start using it consciously ;)

@Yimpa that pizza microwave trick is lit. It also blew my mind.

Did you know that you can also put the pizza in the pan and it will become extra crunchy? I do it for reheat but sometimes even after cooking it in the oven. It gives a very unique restaurant crunch to the pizza

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

7 hours ago, Davino said:

Did you know that you can also put the pizza in the pan and it will become extra crunchy? I do it for reheat but sometimes even after cooking it in the oven. It gives a very unique restaurant crunch to the pizza

No, I did not know that. I’ll have to try that out sometime. Thank you! 

9 hours ago, Yimpa said:

No, I did not know that. I’ll have to try that out sometime. Thank you! 

I discovered it when I was travelling and stayed in an apartment with no oven or microwave.

The pan solution ended up being a great finding

If you learn shinzen young's see hear feel meditation method, you can meditate whilst watching anything. So even something low consciousness you are watching can become high consciousness

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Posted (edited)

@Ulax have you done that? Did you see any behavioural change?

Edited by Ayham

@Ayham I used to have a serious internet addiction. So, using see-hear-feel on videos was kinda helpful.

Not sure re behavioral change.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Learn how to play an instrument.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Ulax said:

If you learn shinzen young's see hear feel meditation method, you can meditate whilst watching anything. So even something low consciousness you are watching can become high consciousness

That can turn into a massive neurosis though, so beware. I'm speaking from personal experience. The thought "am I being conscious enough?" is the least conscious thing you can introduce into every aspect of your life.

@aklacor727 All sounds good. I’d say scrolling on any digital platform is not ideal. This forum is me indulging in the theatre of it all but it’s more positive at least

even this though I am mindful not to spend too much time on. Not been on this forum for that long and starting to see I am indulging maybe a tad too much

On 4/24/2024 at 3:55 PM, Carl-Richard said:

That can turn into a massive neurosis though, so beware. I'm speaking from personal experience. The thought "am I being conscious enough?" is the least conscious thing you can introduce into every aspect of your life.

@Carl-Richard how would you reframe that thought then? Of course being aware without any thought would be ideal 

And yesss, love musical instruments. I need to start playing my guitar again

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, aklacor727 said:

@Carl-Richard how would you reframe that thought then? Of course being aware without any thought would be ideal

It's not simply about avoiding certain kinds of conscious thoughts. It's about avoiding possibly creating largely unconscious contractions and behavioral patterns that are counter to your goal. In other words, you should limit your "practice" to certain times of the day. After all, practice is not practice if there is no rest. That's called obsession.

Edited by Carl-Richard