Someone here

Nothing will make you happy

169 posts in this topic

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Nice story.

@Princess Arabia you've been listening to too much neo-advaita.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

No one said otherwise. Ilm not sure what you're disagreeing with. Misery arises, the "person" sees it as their misery and developed a story around it. If I'm feeling misery right now and see it for what it is, just misery appearing then that's all. Feelings will also arise from that misery and pain. If it is just misery and pain without stories then it's just misery and pain. Also feelings. The one that attaches itself to those things will develop stories around those appearances and now that's all imaginary and not real. What's real is the feeling of misery and pain and that's it, until it is no more.

I meant that some say suffering is an illusion, so that’s what I was kind of responding too. As in, what’s the point really in saying that, what does it mean even. They maybe mean that because the self is an illusion, and it’s the self that suffers, then suffering is also illusion. But physical pain for example can be felt as suffering even for some without a self I’ve heard. And probably some mental suffering too. So that doesn’t entirely make sense. 

Posted (edited)

@Princess Arabia Slow down before you start making multiple 40 minute youtube videos saying there is no doer over and over and over and over! Its a mind trap

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Princess Arabia you've been listening to too much neo-advaita.

I have just come to the realization that what i've come to realize is called Neo Advaita, however, from the little bit I've seen from those people is that they still recognize a self and their so-called teachings is not what is. It's obvious to me what I'm saying is the case and i cannot see it otherwise. When there's no you in the equation everything falls into place and i mean everything. Not talking about the nuances and meanings and descriptions and fancy terms or concepts or ideologies, just that whatever is appearing is all that is without meaning and everything else is imagination in other words meanings and concepts and ideas, all stories and that there's no person inside this body and that it us just movements appearing as real and that its not about me because there's no individual here only apparently so. I still live my life as though there's a me but some things have fallen away as there's only losses here and nothing to gain but more clarity. If that's Neo whatever you call it then do be it. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Princess Arabia Slow down before you start making multiple 40 minute youtube videos saying there is no doer over and over and over and over! Its a mind trap

I don't have to keep saying there's no doer because there's already no sayer saying that. The mind trap is thinking there's a mind. It makes no sense because if there's no mind then whose doing the thinking. That's because there's no trap in the first place.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I have just come to the realization that what i've come to realize is called Neo Advaita, however, from the little bit I've seen from those people is that they still recognize a self and their so-called teachings is not what is. It's obvious to me what I'm saying is the case and i cannot see it otherwise. When there's no you in the equation everything falls into place and i mean everything. Not talking about the nuances and meanings and descriptions and fancy terms or concepts or ideologies, just that whatever is appearing is all that is and everything else is imagination and that there's no person inside this body and that it us just movements appearing as real and that its not about me because there's no individual herd only apparently so. I still live my life as though there's a me but some things have fallen away as there's only losses here and nothing to gain but more clarity. If thats Neo whatever you call it then do be it. 

@Princess Arabia be careful about turning no self into a belief.  It's the biggest trap in spirituality.  Truly discovering no self - now that's another matter.   That's awakening- or the first and most paramount of awakenings.   But if you havent had that then be careful about adopting it as a religion.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I meant that some say suffering is an illusion, so that’s what I was kind of responding too. As in, what’s the point really in saying that, what does it mean even. They maybe mean that because the self is an illusion, and it’s the self that suffers, then suffering is also illusion. But physical pain for example can be felt as suffering even for some without a self I’ve heard. And probably some mental suffering too. So that doesn’t entirely make sense. 

All of that does arise pain and suffering but for no one. It feels real and appears to be your pain and suffering, but it's not yours it's just what's appearing. It will be felt but there's not an actual person feeling it since the feelings aren't personal its also what's arising. It's contracted energy so it will feel real to us but it's not really happening. There are people who cannot feel pain, why is that, we give it a name and say its a rare condition like people who cannot imagine things, I believe its called aphantasia. All of us are the same. Nothing is separate. It's call the Absolute appearing as pain and suffering.

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

All of that does arise pain and suffering but for no one. It feels real and appears to be your pain and suffering, but it's not yours it's just what's appearing. It will be felt but there's not an actual person feeling it since the feelings aren't personal it’s also what's arising. It's contracted energy so it will feel real to us but it's not really happening. There are people who cannot feel pain, why is that, we give it a name and say it’s a rare condition like people who cannot imagine things, I believe it’s called aphantasia. All of us are the same. Nothing is separate. It's call the Absolute appearing as pain and suffering.

Yes

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Princess Arabia be careful about turning no self into a belief.  It's the biggest trap in spirituality.  Truly discovering no self - now that's another matter.   That's awakening- or the first and most paramount of awakenings.   But if you havent had that then be careful about adopting it as a religion.  

There's nothing to have. There's already no self. There's nothing to gain or lose because the Absolute is all there is. I'm not sitting here saying I feel no self. Of course, there's a person here; all I'm saying is there's REALLY no person here. Believing I'm a self or no self will make no difference because that's just the absolute appearing as a self or no self. There's no escaping the Absolute because it's all there is. So all that be careful stuff is just empty words appearing. There's no need to be a no self because that will be a self needing to be a no self. There's already no one so nothing needs to change. Any change is also the Absolute changing. There's no way out., because there's no where to go. ITS ALL ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTE.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm not sitting here saying I feel no self. Of course, there's a person here;

Precisely. 

Now..Awakening is something else.   That will literally die.  That only takes self inquiry.   It does not take 5-MeO-DMT.  But if you have access to that go.for it.  Otherwise sit in meditation.  As long as it takes.  When you feel no self then come back and talk to me about it.  But up until that - its just conceptual. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Precisely. 

Now..Awakening is something else.   That will literally die.  That only makes self inquiry.   It does not take 5-MeO-DMT.  But if you have access to that go.for it.  Otherwise sit in meditation.  As long as it takes.  When you feel no self then come back and talk to me about it.  Before that - its just conceptual. 

Nothing needs to die. I don't need to say there's no self because there's already no one saying there's no self. You're missing the fact that EVERYTHING IS THIS. No process needed. I don't need to change my wordings and say I feel no self or I feel a self. What I said is what happened. Taking 5meo would be what happens, not taking it, it what happens. "When you feel no self" is redundant because who is feeling the "no-self". This is not a feeling. Feelings come and go. Sitting in meditation is saying there's someone who needs to meditate. If meditation happens then it happens. There's no one choosing to meditate. This is not a belief, this is not truth. This is just simply this - whatever happens. 

@Princess Arabia if you do feel like a self , like I do too, then what’s the point of speaking in such ways what makes it seem true to you?

@Princess Arabia To me, it sounds as if you've had an epiphany.  If so, and if you don't mind saying, what specifically happened?  Also, does it and how does it relate to unconditional love?

@Someone here Does one who obtains happiness directly then stop eating, drinking, smoking, gambling, etc.?  Or, are they satisfied by anything, regardless of quality or content?

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Happening to no one. There's no you being happy. It's a feeling that the "I" energy thinks it's his and identifies with in the dream of the separate self. It's just what's arising for Noone. It happens spontaneously and goes as quick as it comes. 

So that's one frame, a very skeptical frame (containing a lot of negations with little actual affirmative content). It's also a generalizing frame ("energy", "identity" and "dream" are more general than "happiness"). What about a more affirmative and concretizing frame? After all, you're using many words right now that supposedly have a specific meaning, or else I wouldn't be able to understand anything you're saying. Could you define those words for me in a rich and concrete way, i.e. actually describing what they are and not leaning so much on negations and generalizations? Or could you just do that for happiness?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard You missed your opportunity to drop "Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being."

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, zurew said:

@Carl-Richard You missed your opportunity to drop "Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being."

Hehe, well, technically, I'm dropping it every time I'm posting 😉 But also, I don't feel the need to just use one frame all the time 😛😆

Also, it's really synonymous with eudaimonia which was mentioned earlier. It's just a particular concretization of the concept that I like :D

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.