Razard86

How does your mind work?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does your mind find a way to think of a bunch of what ifs? Does it constantly remind you of your lack of control? Does it constantly create perspectives of how not having absolute control is unfair and how things should go your way because you see things the right way? If this is so, you have a victim mentality mindset. The single biggest cause of mental/emotional suffering is the repeated perspective thinking pattern that expresses/communicates how things have not gone, are not going, and might not go the way they are supposed to go. 

Here is a saying I made....there are many professions in life, but there is one profession that does not pay and that is professional victimhood. Although I could flip it and say it does pay, but you don't want the currency. It pays in misery and suffering. In fact I don't even know why I said misery and suffering since they are the same thing....we will go with suffering and simplify it. 

So there you have it. The more you hate not being in control, the more you suffer in life. And that is all that is going on when it comes to suffering. Seek to overcome these perspectives with the realization that you don't actually need to be controlling anything because everything is just going to do what it is. Become a professional at saying "It is, what it is." 

I have read a ridiculous amount of books gone to seminars, worked on myself my entire life and what I can say is even when you give a human mind the best advice, it will never stop seeking for more advice. The human mind wants every perspective it can handle. It is never satisfied. It is a gluttonous information seeker because it wants the best strategies to gain control. Understand that the burden of being human is you are born with a mind that is a control freak and how much of a control freak you are varies by human to human.

At the level you want control is equal to the level of suffering you will be hit with emotionally when a lack of control presents itself. Now the secret is the ego has never controlled anything. The ego is a linguistic pattern of communication which creates an individual identity and it constructs this identity using all data at its disposal. If you were never taught language and taught how to think a specific way (socialization) you would be like a wild animal. The human ego is the only thing that can create mental suffering. Once you awaken to this construct awareness that you are literally creating suffering through constant patterned thinking that *MAKES SENSE* (if it doesn't make sense to you, you wouldn't believe it. Your perspectives have a specific logic, a specific ideology) and you adhere to this sense making like glue.

This is why honesty is so important. You can only deconstruct yourself from your narratives with intellectual honesty. You must rid yourself of self-serving individual propaganda you create in your mind and seek to find the most objective viewpoint. How would you find that? The most objective viewpoint would include all subjective viewpoints joined together in a soup of understanding. Each viewpoint would have its say until one solution comes out the winner. Guess what is happening every moment? What do you think Infinite Will is doing? What is really going on?

The closer you get to pure objectivity the better you will be at understanding and actually seeing the world as it is, not with the selfish blinders you are currently wearing.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Yes but the main reason people ruminate and victimize themselves is because it fills them more energetically than boredom and acceptance.
Winning > Losing (ruminating, complaining) > Lack of interest.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

23 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Here is a saying I made....there are many professions in life, but there is one profession that does not pay and that is professional victimhood.

Heh, that's a good one.

25 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Does your mind find a way to think of a bunch of what ifs? Does it constantly remind you of your lack of control?

All the time. I just don't take it serious anymore.

Most people take themselves and "their" thoughts waaaaaaaayyy too serious; an this is what produces most suffering in the world imo. Taking yourself too serious leads to constant self-judgement (and judging others is of course just the flipside of that coin), which leads to misery.

These days, whenever I do/think/say something "stupid", I just laugh about it like you would laugh about a silly joke and move on. (And believe me, there's a LOT of silly sh!t going through "my mind" at all times, lol.) Which doesn't mean that I don't get momentarily pissed every now and then, but that's just part of the joke!

I always liked the way Alan Watts put it: Your attitude towards life can be sincere without being serious. Meaning that it is possible to be fully invested in life while at the same time being aware that it is all just a big game; and that which you call "you" is just a goofy character in the everlasting divine comedy. And yes, life can be a very black comedy at times, but it's a comedy nonetheless. And recognizing this is immensely liberating.

Hence my signature.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

This is why honesty is so important. You can only deconstruct yourself from your narratives with intellectual honesty. You must rid yourself of self-serving individual propaganda you create in your mind and seek to find the most objective viewpoint.

You say the ego has never controlled anything, but you are giving it a bunch of instructions and giving it explanations as to how to do this and why its important. Explain.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Now the secret is the ego has never controlled anything.

This right here,

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You say the ego has never controlled anything, but you are giving it a bunch of instructions and giving it explanations as to how to do this and why its important. Explain.

This right here,

I'm not giving the ego....the ego is just a belief, a thought. That's the trick. The instructions are for God. Because there isn't an ego. 

This transcript goes very well with this post also.

https://www.actualized.org/articles/what-is-karma

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

7 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I'm not giving the ego....the ego is just a belief, a thought. That's the trick. The instructions are for God. Because there isn't an ego. 

This transcript goes very well with this post also.

https://www.actualized.org/articles/what-is-karma

Why does God need instructions.

21 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Why does God need instructions.

'Cause it's part of the joke. ;)

Why so serious?

Just now, Bazooka Jesus said:

'Cause it's part of the joke. ;)

Hehe. It is the joke.

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Hehe. It is the joke.

Yes. And explaining it to death just takes all the juice out of it.

Why so serious?

50 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Hehe. It is the joke.

If God didn't need instructions, school would exist and neither would parents. God needs instructions because God dumbed itself down into human intelligence.

Then it gets confused and looks around for advice.

I honestly have no idea how I have my shit together on a daily basis, but it’s utter perfection nonetheless! 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Once You identify with something You are not, then nothing will help You, no Guru or teaching will help, so that is the main problem with Humans today, as when you identify with something you are not, then the consciousness level is low...

If You identify with Life itself, I am Life, then most all distortions of the Mind will disappear, you won't have a problem with the thinking mind or memory/imagination, stress or things of this nature, you will be a master of all your faculties no problem, as long as the identification with Life is absolute then none of that will problem you anymore!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

If God didn't need instructions, school would exist and neither would parents. God needs instructions because God dumbed itself down into human intelligence.

Then it gets confused and looks around for advice.

Looks around where, if there is no space. Oh, I forgot, space doesn't exist neither does time. It's illusory. So, God is illusory confused looking for illusory advice and it takes an illusory human to give it to another illusory human who is all alone since there is no other. Did you illusorily understood this illusory explanation?

6 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I honestly have no idea how I have my shit together on a daily basis, but it’s utter perfection nonetheless! 

Because there is no one doing anything. It's utter perfection like you said. 

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Looks around where, if there is no space. Oh, I forgot, space doesn't exist neither does time. It's illusory. So, God is illusory confused looking for illusory advice and it takes an illusory human to give it to another illusory human who is all alone since there is no other. Did you illusorily understood this illusory explanation?

Lol I think you are getting the relative confused with the Absolute. It's illusionary from the Absolute. But relatively from the relation of the dream its not illusionary.

Like how a movie is fake, but for us to discuss the movie we have to discuss it like it's real to understand and gain depth about that world. 

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Lol I think you are getting the relative confused with the Absolute. It's illusionary from the Absolute. But relatively from the relation of the dream its not illusionary.

Like how a movie is fake, but for us to discuss the movie we have to discuss it like it's real to understand and gain depth about that world. 

Yeah but you still know that the movie is still just a movie. How am I confused. The relative is still a part of the Absolute, but the relative is illusory. If you know the relative is illusory then what's the point in not acknowledging that the advice is also illusory. It's like saying I know we live in an illusory world and nothing is really happening, but still take this advice as if it's real.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:00 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah but you still know that the movie is still just a movie. How am I confused. The relative is still a part of the Absolute, but the relative is illusory. If you know the relative is illusory then what's the point in not acknowledging that the advice is also illusory. It's like saying I know we live in an illusory world and nothing is really happening, but still take this advice as if it's real.

Real and imaginary are the same thing. Your power as God makes imaginary real. If I cut off your hands with a chain saw that will feel very real and if I steal all your belongings that will feel real.

Real and imaginary are identical. If they were not, you couldn't tell a difference between your day dreams and regular reality. 

Don't get too hung up on it being imaginary, we call it reality for a reason.

Posted (edited)

Some people just don't have a very active mind like that. But what I find interesting is what happens when you take somebody who has an active mind like that and then make them meditate and give them the right wisdom and tools to get their mind in a functional state. What does that produce and in what ways is it different from the "naturally" inactive mind?

I think the answer is basically intelligence (or sheer information processing, sensitivity, intuition, conceptual thinking). Like Sadhguru says, your intelligence can either be working for you or against you. If you have a lot of intelligence but it's not working in your best self-interest, that is when you get extreme self-sabotage, neurosis, anxiety disorders, nihilism, etc.

A rock doesn't have these problems, but it's also a rock. It can only roll downhill if something else lets it. And there you have an analogy for group-think, dogmatism. Also, a rock doesn't have "control", as illusory as that control is from an absolute perspective. In reality, control is as illusory as any appearance in reality, which is all appearances.. The problem is ironically enough only if you're controlled by it — if you're the rock rolling downhill to the conception of control.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I agree, I have found that people who don't suffer anxious thoughts a lot for example minimalists for example might not need you to teach them a meditative practice.

But I will admit, even though I never really suffered before spirituality, I wasn't as peaceful to the same extent I am now.

I was a lot more competitive and conflict oriented so I'll admit meditation 🧘‍♀️ does have a strong impact on calming the mind.

On 04/04/2024 at 10:49 AM, Razard86 said:

Does your mind find a way to think of a bunch of what ifs? .....

The title of your post is "How does your mind work". I often wonder this myself. 

How does the mind actually produces emotions and thoughts? Scientists claim it's neurons but how does "I" control the neurons to produces specific thoughts and emotions. How does the "I" control thoughts without having knowledge or experience of neurons. Is the "I" also neurons? 

Is the concept of neurons even useful to us since they can be experienced?