funkychunkymonkey

WARNING SENSITIVE TOPIC

12 posts in this topic

may get banned for this... but what is your opinion on canadas MAID laws? i personally suffer and dont want to go on i see this as a gift from god. IM NOT PUTTING THIS HERE TO ENCOURAGE ANYBODY! NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO DO THIS IM MENTALLY ILL AND CANT COME TO PEACE WITH LIFE. AGAIN IM NOT LEAVING THIS HERE TO ENCOURAGE ANYBODY!!!! just curious what your thoughts are. 

I just think what if the next reincarnation is worse so gotta make sure you really really down bad to consider these things 

@Sugarcoat its a big choice... theres no doubting that. but for some this IS that worse reincarnation. 

4 minutes ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

@Sugarcoat its a big choice... theres no doubting that. but for some this IS that worse reincarnation. 

Yea me too for me this is. 

Posted (edited)

Holy moly!! Society seems to develop! I couldn't imagine a debate deeper than this because almost everything we do comes from a point of survival. If that deepest motivation drops then maybe everything else drops like a house of cards as well by removing all double standards to the root of the question of if you want to live or not.

edit: Like how can you justify being a devil in the world if you dont even need to live? You do all of it for survival at the end of the day. Of course a biological fear of death and therefore devilry will remain but it would challenge devilry. 

This video is obviously made anti euthanasia. I think there are many cases where euthanasia makes sense. This thinking "oh everyone's live is just intrinsically worth so much" is just stupid. There are many lifes not worth living. But it's just dangerous to allow this to more people because everyone struggles at one point in their life at least and this thinking might reduce the motivation of people to overcome obstacles. Also great change often comes at low points in life. 

But also I remember this: Alan Watts said when people come to him and say they are depressed and want to kill themselves he said that that is totally their freedom to do so. And by giving people the option to do suicide they might feel more free and therefore dont feel the need to do suicide that much. Thats what I am hoping that this will ultimately lead to. That this counterintuitively is pro life. That people consciously choose life and make something out of it because they chose to and not feel dragged to survive but actually not live. 

This is an insanely deep topic!!

Edited by Jannes

@Jannes Great perspective, you can't coerce, "should", guilt or shame someone into wanting to live. Not truly and authentically. Platitudes and trying to enforce positive thinking onto someone is just not an effective strategy.

Posted (edited)

@eos_nyxia Yes but this can also be very dangerous. I think we built a huge belief system around life itself being intrinsically worthy as a safety mechanism and by questioning this assumption at all we might created a leak that will break out and affect everybody. I assume most people have a lot of struggles in life so almost everybody has a side of them that wishes to end that struggle. Thats really dangerous. I could see how a good chunk of society does suicide and the other develops really really fast to create a life worth living. But it's hard when you see all the negativity of people doing suicide around you. Maybe we are more protected against this then I imagine because at the end of the day you could always do suicide its just that know it is more acceptable.  

Maybe AI suggested that idea to us. That would be a very clean AI like strategy to defeat humans. 

Edited by Jannes

When I have thoughts on ending myself, I remember a teaching, that i am inside different types of  "bodies"

Lets say that I was meant to live until i was 64 years old. Then all of my non permanent bodies will die at the age of 64. Then I decide to end my bodily vehicle at 32. My physical body would die, but not the other ones.

I would still be inside my astral body that will expire at 64 years of age, so I will be hovering on the Astral plane for another 32 years, until my astral body deteriorates at the age of 64 and i (the couscioussness) would continue on as planned.

In the 32 years on the Astral plane I would see the misery of the world and of the consequences on taking the life of my body. I would se my family crying, seeing them struggle in life and I would not be able to help them.

That are just my thoughts, would never take my life cause of this possibility, not risking it, however hard my life gets. 

Sorry for this, just felt like writing this down.

Posted (edited)

probably good for physical needs, mental problems cant be changed like this I think they are taking place on different dimensions. If you use physical reality to solve a mental problem its not going to work. You can use it as a crutch to feel better to solve the problem but killing yourself wouldn't allow that.

Edited by Hojo

@funkychunkymonkey Mental health issue is such a vast subject to talk about where humans still doesn't have any breakthrough yet . Do take medical help if you haven't done already. In some cases it was reported that depression was caused due to lower level of Vitamin D which doctor got to know after blood work Reference : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6970300/

There are other causes as well apart from Vitamin D which medical practitioner can pin point. Sometimes thoughts becomes its own enemy. On deep observation both observer and the observed are same ; In other words thinker and thoughts are same.

Coming back to "MAID" law specifically for mental illnesses should be dealt with care . There is almost 13000 MAID reported in Canada in 2022 which is very high.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/publications/health-system-services/annual-report-medical-assistance-dying-2022.html

See the below video from YouTube channel "Reflections of Life" . This channel contain many real life stories from mental illness , hardship & to see life from different perspective. Sometime little tweak in lens of perception can change us 360 degree.

I am just amazed that how mentally healthy people confidently judge others who have serious psychological problems. How they easily make distinctions between mental and physical problems in a way that they invalidate people's suffering. Being ignorant and unaware (being in a 'ghaflat' in Islamic terminology) can make people to adopt such stupid attitude.