Amilaer---

Parent with schizophrenia - shrooms - need advice 🙏

29 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Hojo said:

shrooms cured my schizophrenia, or let me see that I have it. I think alot of people have it. Its not something to be feared you can actually use it as a tool. The only problem is people have negative programming and it starts attacking them.

Ohh ok! May I ask how do you use it? What dose and shrooms type?

"I thought if you are a Buddhist you gonna be nice"

"Nope"

2 hours ago, Jehovah increases said:

Make sure you are very grounded and yes start very low. Slowly build your way up and make sure to take breaks. Yes, set and setting a place where you are very comfortable. And you are in the right frame of mind.

I will! Thanks for the tips. 

"I thought if you are a Buddhist you gonna be nice"

"Nope"

Posted (edited)

@Amilaer---  I just get drunk then eat them till a portal starts to open up behind my head. Alcohol gives you courage so its not scary just weird

Edited by Hojo

My father has diagnosed schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. I would never give him psychedelics without extensive medically assisted preparation and studies into how it would interact with his prescribed medications. 

I don't know to what extent his mental illnesses were genetic. I do not know if having heritable schizophrenia on the mother's or father's side is more concerning. I suspect that my father's mental illness was more onset by trauma he faced in his military service, rather than as a genetic predisposition.

You sound smart and careful in your post OP. Like myself, you are starting with a threshold dose and have a good background in personal development. I am also a very grounded person. I have done roughly a dozen trips, all at small to medium doses. Solo, without a trip sitter. I have not yet done a heroic dose.

All of these trips have been extremely positive and enlightening. I did have one challenging trip on LSD, however I blame that on my poor preparation and set & setting. I was in a depressive, lonely mood and stupidly thought psychedelics was the way out. However that difficult experience gave me a very healthy appreciation for these substances, and I will never make that mistake again. 

All of this is to say, if you act responsibly, you should be fine. If you are not dealing with any mental illness symptoms currently, then in my experience you will be ok to take psychedelics. I would recommend everyone to start with a threshold dose just to get used to the experience. Build up very slowly as you go. There is no benefit jumping into the deep end without a good base of experience in moderate doses.

If you do ever begin to notice mental illness symptoms in your sober life, I would immediately discontinue psychedelic use and speak to a psychiatrist. 

Theres a chance you wont have any negative consequences, but theres a chance you will. Obviously the risk is always there, but for you its big enough I wouldnt do it personally. 

You could end up triggering schizophrenia, is it really worth it?

@Amilaer---

I don’t know anyone that tried mushrooms and ended up with schizophrenia. Especially golden teacher.

I noticed that nobody else said yes to your question. Wonder how accurate that info is on mental health and family?

My identical twin was diagnosed with schizophrenia years ago and I’ve never had any issues with mushrooms or any other psychedelic.

based on my experience and observing others who have done WAY more psychedelics than I, I really feel it has more to do with YOUR psychology than anything else.

Your unpacked ideas, concepts, beliefs and things more so than family members with mental health issues.

The actualized videos are a good way to learn more about your own psychology and prepare yourself.

Posted (edited)

The safest bet is to not do it, but the next safest is to try very small doses in the beginning. It's usually the larger doses that trigger acute psychosis, but smaller doses can increase the chance of psychosis developing over time.

Be aware that also meditation can make you respond differently to psychedelics than other people.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The safest bet is to not do it, but the next safest is to try very small doses in the beginning. It's usually the larger doses that trigger acute psychosis, but smaller doses can increase the chance of psychosis developing over time.

Therapy assisted psychedelics will inevitably become mainstream. When that will be, though, who knows. But I am looking forward to that future.

(I meant psychedelic-assisted therapy  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapy-types/psychedelic-assisted-psychotherapy)

Edited by Yimpa
Backwards

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI