Princess Arabia

Spiritual Paradoxes Are Made Up.

25 posts in this topic

This is just me saying so, and a belief so don't take it literal.

I think we call things paradoxes when describing the existential nature of Reality when we can't explain something. When we've hit the brick wall. When the stories have fall short and came to a dead end. When we can't put the pieces together. When something seems contradictory; but makes sense. When logic cannot explain away premises. When a statement seems absurd and cannot be explained. We think we know, then the brick wall comes, then we say "it's a paradox".

The truth could be it's not a paradox. Reality may not be able to be explained especially using logic because it's chaotic by nature. Orderly chaotic. 

Everything, Everywhere All At Once, and we try to make sense of it; but we can't make sense of it all maybe because nothing is really happening its only apparent. Appearing to happen. Nothing is moving. It's all stillness appearing as movement. Then the mind glitches because it's not really happening - then we call it a paradox. Could this be the case. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Like @Osaid said in another thread: Paradox arises when logic reaches its limit (the brick wall, as you call it). The mechanics of logic are the mechanics of conceptual separation: You make "sense" of the world by mentally cutting it up into pieces and putting these pieces into relation (=> relative truth). And this whole principle collapses once you try to approach absolute truth. You simply cannot express the absolute in relative (logical) terms; and whenever you try, so-called paradox will be the unavoidable outcome.

And it's not that logic cannot grasp the Absolute because the Absolute is too lofty or complex... on the contrary: Absolute truth is much too basic and simple for your logical mind to grasp it. That's why there is this tendency to invent endlessly complex and colorful stories around it; without those stories, your conceptual monkey mind wouldn't have anything that it could sink its greedy teeth into and would consequently starve to death, which would mean that you (or rather consciousness) would be forced to face naked reality as it is. Which is exactly what your ego tries to avoid at all possible costs.

But of course, all of this is just my logical explanation. ;)

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Like @Osaid said in another thread: Paradox arises when logic reaches its limit (the brick wall, as you call it). The mechanics of logic are the mechanics of conceptual separation: You make "sense" of the world by mentally cutting it up into pieces and putting these pieces into relation (=> relative truth). And this whole principle collapses once you try to approach absolute truth. You simply cannot express the absolute in relative (logical) terms; and whenever you try, so-called paradox will be the unavoidable outcome.

And it's not that logic cannot grasp the Absolute because the Absolute is too lofty or complex... on the contrary: Absolute truth is much too basic and simple for your logical mind to grasp it. That's why there is this tendency to invent endlessly complex and colorful stories around it; without those stories, your conceptual monkey mind wouldn't have anything that it could sink its greedy teeth into and would consequently starve to death, which would mean that you (or rather consciousness) would be forced to face naked reality as it is. Which is exactly what your ego tries to avoid at all possible costs.

But of course, all of this is just my logical explanation. ;)

Yes, yes, yes. I'm starting to see this more and more. I'm trying to debunk certain things and I just can't. It's everywhere. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Intellect, what most think of the Mind, divides and separates whatever  data that comes into Your Memory and tries to make sense of it for You to live another day, it works great when things are alot tougher than they are now, but when everything is at Your doorstep (think Uber conveniences and comforts that we have today that we never ever had before), and at your finger tips you have access to most all the information and entertainment you can ever want, the intellect then doesn't have to focus on surviving another day, it focuses on what You are identified with, whatever it is, nation, sex, spirituality, duality, enlightenment, god, infinity, reality, gender, race, religion, etc and it divides it, separates it, and compartmentalizes it all so its logical and linear and understandable for the avg person, but is this reality? 

No it isn't, because everything is connected, just think of all the actions going on to make our planet and atmosphere, and ability to live like we do possible? Its more than a trillion actions happening a second, never mind what is happening every second within Your own body, cellular level, molecular level, atomic level, just think of it, what is allowing all of this happen? Can Your mind or intellect break it down enough for you to understand it? It'll never happen, or it would take a million+yrs of living to figure it out, so this why taking about certain things other than what You have directly experienced doesn't work or make sense when You talk about, but You can experience it! 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

@Princess Arabia it's not that.  Its simply that reality defies logic.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Think of it like a magic trick. Just because it’s an illusion doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t real. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Think of it like a magic trick. Just because it’s an illusion doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t real. 

Both at the same time. Like a woman wearing high heels. The illusion is she seems taller; but she's not really, but it's still real that she appears taller.

spot on

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

My Favourite Paradox? God is an Infinite Self Penetration

2 minutes ago, Davino said:

My Favourite Paradox? God is an Infinite Self Penetration

That's not the ultimate one.  The ultimate paradox is that God created itself.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's not the ultimate one.  The ultimate paradox is that God created itself.  

Oh do you wanna play this game?

God created Creation!

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Davino said:

Oh do you wanna play this game?

God created Creation!

Same thing :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Same thing :)

God is Playfull

3 minutes ago, Davino said:

God is Playfull

😀

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.

- Sankara -

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.

- Sankara -

Drop the mic.

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Drop the mic.

Drop the ego ;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Drop the mic.

Hehehe... you remembered that one, huh? :D

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

There´s no world, not even creation, only God.

"We" must surrender to the Truth so only Real Infinite 'I' remains.

Edited by Javfly33