Vajra

Realizing Reality

73 posts in this topic

Just now, Davino said:

Yeah, I shamelessly admit it! :P

It's like @Salvijus said, it just doesn't have good taste. But it's very vague and not by any means perfect. 

If it tastes very gross you are pretty sure that is not God-Realization. But sounding good does not imply it is the case, hopefully this is clear.

Again, intuition works better for discarding than for crediting. 

Yeah, that's great. But imagine if we could somehow really hone this ability. Bring clarity to this specific issue, just how we are bringing clarity to things like... what is mind, what is thought, what is perception, what is God.

I mean it is important, no? To be able to tell who is God-Realized and who is not?

Many people come to this forum, singing their songs of God and Oneness and Stuff...

Who's telling the truth and who is not?

.... Weeeell, this one's writing kinda creates a pleasant feeling in my body... so it must be true. Bullshit!

We need more CLARITY!

More HONESTY!!

REALITY!!!

1 minute ago, Vajra said:

But it's not always like that, is it?

Well you are not gonna be worring about ppaying your bills or human activities, pain/suffering, life and death, these kind of things.

2 minutes ago, Vajra said:

If we are able to speak, we are probably able to investigate interesting topics — such as how do we discover if someone is Truly God-Realized, or just lying or deluded

Yes, I already told you. Become an Art expert with years of painting experience, this is the way to intuit if it is a real Picasso or just Art Forgery.

There is no simple rule of thumb and the best you can do is still pretty poor. This is how it works, I haven't done the rules.

Now that I remember I did an exam for Awakening a month ago, when I was a bit tired of people claiming things I clearly saw were not the case. Maybe this can help in your investigation

23 minutes ago, Vajra said:

You can pretty easily prove which individual is a man and which is a woman (not considering the LGBTQ circumstances now).

You can not.

Whatever man or woman you take you can't even prove they exist because maybe you are dreaming now, or maybe it is a simulation so they are not real. Or maybe they are a hologram just as scientific tools you would use to "prove" anything. Everything is a belief other than direct perception. You don't know anything other than THIS NOW. Really let that sink in.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Posted (edited)

@Vajra I'm the first interested to bring clarity on the topic, but I don't think you are aware of how many metaphysical, philosophical and epistemological limitations there are. Prove is a very complex advanced notion.

Edited by Davino

It will serve you of nothing to verify if one dude is God-Realized or not.

Because for you it will just be another concept that you hold within infinity. hahah...

That´s why I said to you...don´t worry about verifying others....Awake yourself, then honestly it won´t matter who is awake or not. 

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

That´s why I said to you...don´t worry about verifying others....Awake yourself, then honestly it won´t matter who is awake or not. 

He seems not satisfied with that answer, despite being true

Posted (edited)

But guys, don't you see the joke?

Many of you are speaking to me as if I am not God-Realized and need to become God-Realized and that will solve it.

But how do you know I am not God-Realized?

You might say - "Well, because you don't sound like it. You are speaking as if you are ignorant. It's just obvious."

Oh, really? But then you already seem to have some method for recognizing who is God-Realized or not (however accurate or inaccurate it might be). And still you are denying that it's not existent, or not useful, or or ... While you are using it, it is existent there for you ... ... ...

Don't you see? You are not free from it. You are, maybe subconsciously or something, engaging in such a method all the time.

All I want is to clarify this already existing between us method. The method that causes the assumption oh this guy is not God-Realized or oh this guy is God-Realized. I want to find a way for that method to stop being wild guesses, and become Real. 

Edited by Vajra

Posted (edited)

This is a test if somebody is really enlightened or not. 

burning+monk+00.jpg

:D

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

Forget the picture. 

Actually the "taste" method is the only answer. And your ability to discern/to taste ego from truth depends on your own level of development and growth in spirit. 

Where is my medal? 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

3 hours ago, Vajra said:

Who's telling the truth?

Replace the word "jazz" with "truth" in that Louis Armstrong quote I've posted and you'll (maybe) get why I posted it here.

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

No one has directly proven to another they are god realized. Further, since it is a subjective state that only a niche of humanity has access to, on top of being a state that has no consistent steps that everyone can follow to access, on top of people having different interpretations of the state that is accessed --- any knowledge is hearsay, direct experience or, if we are being generous, corroborated experience (aka UFO sightings) at best. So people can claim their awakening is god realization through their own speculation and conjecture, and there won't be a lick of evidence, or collectively suggestible information, to support it. But hey, maybe that's part of solving the mystery :D

Edited by AlphaAbundance

Posted (edited)

We bullshit ourselves. That's the main issue. If we don't clearly and personally "experience" our nature or that of existence, of what use is pretending? Even worse, a conceptual system may be confused for consciousness, which is why many people may think and imply to be enlightened. Is it true though?

If we were honest to ourselves in the first place, acknowledging one's lack of consciousness in the matter wouldn't be that big of an issue. That insight would provide some openness. If someone were to point a gun at us, most would be hard-pressed to admit that we're ignorant, and this is OK. This is when inquiry can begin.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

@Vajra you cannot use logic to find God you cannot use language an offspring of logic to find God or prove God. Its before all this is taking place.

Pretend you are dreaming right now. Can you use language in a dream to prove to other characters that there is something in the dream thats creating the dream and everything in the dream? Could you communicate how this is happening while staying logical? 

How could I possibly experience the being that is creating the dream? You gotta go to before logic and language as language and logic are being made up by the dreamer.

Could someone in the dream convince you that the dreamer is there with logic and language? No you need more proof you need to wake up to see its just a schizophrenic dream of a God.

Its called that which is not for a reason. Cause its not there but its creating everything. The same way as you do when you dream.

Edited by Hojo