CalmOrNot

Problems Faced With Strong Determination Sitting

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been meditating for about 6 months now. Recently, I started with the technique of 'Do nothing' accompanied with SDS.  10 minutes into my meditation session and I either find myself leaning forward/backwards or slouching. This creates a lot of confusion because If I don't move I'll be promoting bad posture and If I move then I'm completely defeating the purpose of SDS. Even If I do correct my posture I find myself slouching of leaning backwards after 5-7 minutes. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks! 

maintaining a posture is doing something, stop maintaining a posture.  

believe me it won't ruin your meditation, all this talk about ''chakra'' flow if your posture is right is not bullshit but it's not true either.  

It's necessary for beginners to have ''rules'' they can enforce so they can believe in their spiritual growth.  

But past a point you don't necessarily need one way or another to grow spiritually, you can meditate doing dishes, walking, talking with someone....it's not about what you do in the physical world it's about what happens inside.

Do nothing, let yourself have a natural posture, that changes, that is unpredictable, that is always new,so you can relax and be yourself.  

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

2 hours ago, CalmOrNot said:

I either find myself leaning forward/backwards or slouching

The posture should be steady and should be very, very blissful, comfortable. So never try to distort your body, and never try to achieve postures which are uncomfortable.

For the Westerners, sitting on the ground, sitting in padmasan, lotus posture, is difficult; their bodies have not been trained for it.

If you can be steady and comfortable in a chair, it is perfectly okay – no need to try a lotus posture and force your body unnecessarily.

A posture should be such that you can forget your body. What is comfort? When you forget your body, you are comfortable. When you are reminded continuously of the body, you are uncomfortable. So whether you sit in a chair or you sit on the ground, that’s not the point. Be comfortable, because if you are not comfortable in the body you cannot long for other blessings which belong to deeper layers: the first layer missed, all other layers closed. If you really want to be happy, blissful, then start from the very beginning to be blissful. Comfort of the body is a basic need for anybody who is trying to reach inner ecstasies.

Whenever a posture is comfortable it is bound to be steady. You fidget if the posture is uncomfortable. You go on changing sides if the posture is uncomfortable. If the posture is really comfortable, what is the need to fidget and feel restless and go on changing again and again?

And remember, the posture that is comfortable to you may not be comfortable to your neighbor. Every body is unique. Something that is comfortable to you may be uncomfortable to somebody else.

@Outer I have mentioned many times that every thing I post are words of Osho. If I mention it in every post , people will start discussing and criticizing Osho. I have spend more than twenty years on spiritual journey, I have enough experience to judge, what should be done to spread spirituality. 

A blind man can't guide other blind man. Suggestions given by individuals from their own experiences can't help others too much, each individual is different . Only wisdom of an enlightened master can transform others. His language is poetic , it's impact is very deep. 

Just now, Outer said:

What's the problem with people criticizing and discussing Osho

It will divert the attention from the topic and content of the post.

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

I think it's because you are scared that you will stop posting Osho material as soon as it happens

I will not stop posting , even after criticism. I don't want to waste time , when I can use same time on posting something useful. 

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

language is unlikely to transform others

His words are not only to teach you, but they can you a glimpse of something from beyond if you are open and receptive.

@Prabhaker Are you enlightened?

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Just now, BeginnerActualizer said:

Are you enlightened?

Enlightenment takes more than forty or fifty years of total commitment or sometimes many lives. I can enter a state of no-mind after few days of relaxation/ meditation.

@Outer You are free to believe whatever you like. I am enjoying my journey , I hope you are also on right path.

Just now, Outer said:

don't want to talk anymore

Every argument can't be replied through logic. 

If you state that , "Some people need up to 23,000 hours to achieve mastery in a skill. Enlightenment is no different. "

How can I give you a logical reply? I have lived my whole life in company of mystics, I live in India. I also know many things which I have learned from my long journey. I am not a young person, who has learned mysticism from internet.

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

Do you enjoy the story and your journey, the memory not the experience-Now?

May be you are right and I am utterly wrong, still I will do what I see from my intuition.

1 hour ago, Outer said:

Such a boring first statement, it's a generic response to say "You are free to believe whatever you want" from my experience, I've done it myself when tired of a conversation or don't want to talk anymore.

Again, another story, from the same type of thinking which you are trying to overcome. I don't say I don't commit to the same type of thinking. Also depends what you mean by right and path. My gut feeling tells me I am not, but enlightenment is more complex than this. But still simple, obvious, whatever.

If you're on the right path, well who says? If you are enlightened at least I know you were on the right path, and that's something to take note to. For what it is, there might be other ways to become enlightened other than a path - by some science for example as a direction.

It seems like you spend quite a bit of time and energy questioning others of their personal methods.

Much can be learned from asking questions and critical thinking can be a benefit of skepticism, although, doubt can be a detriment of it.

14 hours ago, CalmOrNot said:

Hi,

I've been meditating for about 6 months now. Recently, I started with the technique of 'Do nothing' accompanied with SDS.  10 minutes into my meditation session and I either find myself leaning forward/backwards or slouching. This creates a lot of confusion because If I don't move I'll be promoting bad posture and If I move then I'm completely defeating the purpose of SDS. Even If I do correct my posture I find myself slouching of leaning backwards after 5-7 minutes. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks! 

Hi :)

The ultimate goal of SDS is to cultivate love in yourself. So why not love your body on the way? :)

While doing SDS the body moves anyway because of the breathing. So I use the 'hack' of taking a deep breath and correcting my posture while doing so. 

After a longer sitting you will experience pain. So here is the best teaching I know for handling pain (you can listen to it while doing SDS) :