Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

Just now, Yali said:

I don't think anyone, including someone who is "enlightened", will not suffer mentally from the extreme sensations of pain that can result from lack of health.

@Leo Gura Do you think this is true? I remember in a podcast Ken Wilber mentioned that monks burnt themselves alive with gasoline and didn't flinch at all. 

So maybe it is possible to transcend suffering altogether, including suffering brought on by severe health complications. 

@Yali Fantasies.

You cannot even begin to comprehend how bad the suffering can get.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can it get worse than literally burning yourself alive with gasoline? I mean if it's possible for a monk to not flinch in a situation like that, then it does seem as though that monk has transcended suffering altogether. 

Just now, Leo Gura said:

You cannot even begin to comprehend how bad the suffering can get.

2 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura Do you think this is true? I remember in a podcast Ken Wilber mentioned that monks burnt themselves alive with gasoline and didn't flinch at all. 

So maybe it is possible to transcend suffering altogether, including suffering brought on by severe health complications. 

I guess it takes for Leo to give you an answer for you to be comfortable with and agree with. Until then you will fight me to the core. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Until then you will fight me to the core. 

We're just having a discussion, not fighting. @Princess Arabia

5 minutes ago, Yali said:

monks burnt themselves alive with gasoline and didn't flinch at all. 

Be careful. Just because someone appears fine externally doesn’t necessarily mean that they are not suffering. Even if they tell you otherwise.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

@YaliI'll tell you a little story. Once, I had physical pain; nothing much but it was painful. I decided to test something. I detached from my body and looked at it like I was observing a tree or something. Like it wasn't mine. All of a sudden I felt no pain, but it didn't last very long because it's not something I practice. The pain was still there but I wasn't suffering from it. It was if I was observing the pain. I couldn't sustain it though, I could only do it for secs at a time. This is why I know it is possible to not suffer from pain but it takes lots of practice to sustain.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Health IS WEALTH

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Yali said:

We're just having a discussion, not fighting. @Princess Arabia

I know it was just a figure of speech.

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Be careful. Just because someone appears fine externally doesn’t necessarily mean that they are not suffering. Even if they tell you otherwise.

This is something different from what we're discussing here.

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Just because someone appears fine

I don't think those monks are faking it. They've trained thousands of hours to enter a state of consciousness that has allowed them to transcend suffering. @Yimpa

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

lots of practice to sustain.

Yea, it's certainly possible to not suffer minor degrees of pain. But what about severe pain? Like me taking a chainsaw and slowly cutting your leg off. 

No matter how enlightened you are, I think you'll suffer mentally if I did that to you.  @Princess Arabia

Just now, Yali said:

Yea, it's certainly possible to not suffer minor degrees of pain. But what about severe pain? Like me taking a chainsaw and slowly cutting your leg off. 

No matter how enlightened you are, I think you'll suffer mentally if I did that to you.  @Princess Arabia

Of course, I'll feel the pain physically. Suffering is not the same thing. Suffering is after the pain is gone and healed and i get traumatized by it. The stories behind the pain. Like when we have depression or anxiety.

@Princess Arabia I define suffering as mental resistance to pain. If I slowly cut your leg off with a chainsaw, you'll feel the pain but you'll also resist that pain mentally.

Sadhguru will become an even wiser teacher once he recovers.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

There is a good documentary on Ram Dass when he had his stroke

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

This is just my opinion so don't take it at face value or as something that I know for sure. I think this happens to those who didn't allow for the mental pain to surface, didn't give it recognition, didn't allow for the energy to breathe - so-to-speak. It was there crying out but was ignored. The suicidal energy. Energy that wasn't nurtured or paid attention to. So it died. Went extinct. As when you don't water a flower and it withers away.

When people voice their suicidal tendencies or seek help, or become sad, or tell someone, or write about it or acknowledge it in some way or express it, that is giving it life so it lives on. That's why we can be suicidal for years and nothing happens. We have given the energy life. It is when it is suppressed that it suffocates and dies. It commits suicide like a suicidal cell in the body. When you don't see a human, but something in energetic form, that's what you see, not a person that committed suicide but a an energetic form that couldn't survive without love and attention and transforms into something else.

Again that's just my take on these circumstances and I look at everything that way. Energetic forms. I don't see the human I see energy in form.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thank you all for sharing your unique perspectives ^_^

1 hour ago, Yali said:

Can it get worse than literally burning yourself alive with gasoline?

Be careful what you ask, you might not like the answer.

beep boop

Posted (edited)

There are only two ways to live your life that are in alignment with truth. 

1. Sit in samadhi 

2. Be of service to life

Every other use of time can be considered and is ego-centric use of time and that is not a quality of an enlightened mind. 

In my understanding the example that sadhguru is setting is: put service above your own needs for that is a true life. 

There is one line in the Bible somewhere like this as well that says the same thing and it goes something like this:

"if you try to save your life, you will lose it. But if you give your life away in service to God, you will find it" 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear.