Ishanga

How it all Began!

29 posts in this topic

I think this is super important, because Sadhguru always has a way to simplify complex things and put it into words and metaphors that can be easily understood for the Everyday Person!

Here with Cosmologist Bernard Carr, he explains the beginning of Everything via the Yogic sciences, its super simple, but he goes from explaining what was there before the Big Bang, and then how things went from there..

This is not meant to give You the answers to everything, just a simple intellectual understanding, then with the knowing that You are this, I can experience this, with enough Sadhana (Spiritual Work) put into, at the Minimum I can have a Stress Free Life, be Happy and Health as a Natural Consequence not as an accident or the opposite affect which many are suffering from in today's world.. Forget Enlightenment, Forget Your notions of God, Infinity, Eternity, if You are not Peaceful in Your Experience every moment of everyday no matter what is happening, then those things will not be in the Possibility of Your Experience, so take care of the Basics first, then see what happens from there..

I've timestamped it to the part of the conversation where Sadhguru starts to explain Creation and then Bernard starts to respond to it!! Enjoy:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Nothing has ever began . If you move back in time infinitely you will not find a beginning.  Just as if you move ahead in time there is no end to creation . It's beginning-less endless mystery. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nothing has ever began . If you move back in time infinitely you will not find a beginning.  Just as if you move ahead in time there is no end to creation . It's beginning-less endless mystery. 

Yes in the fundamental, absolute state Yes You are correct, that is the state before the big bang and such events, but then the big bang happened or supposedly did and from that "Creation" happened, this is a step below what You are describing and what Sadhguru describes, a billion years later, here we are using phones or computers to chat with one another on a internet forum, how do You deny this when  You are answering a question on it right now?

Infinity is infinity, it cannot be discussed or understood, what we are is that, but we are here with a body and mind complex to use in this sort of material physical existence on the planet called Earth, so there are levels to it...

Also, the use of the words time and infinity are oxymoron's, they cannot be used together, as time is not infinite.. Time in the purest reality does not exist, space exists and because of that time is there,,,but in our human reality all there is is Now, past is memory, future is imagination, both do not exist in the Now.,.. 

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

6 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Yes in the fundamental, absolute state Yes You are correct

And is there anything else behind or beyond what you call the absolute? 

7 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

but then the big bang happened or supposedly did and from that "Creation" happened,

7 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Also, the use of the words time and infinity are oxymoron's, they cannot be used together, as time is not infinite.. Time in the purest reality does not exist, space exists and because of that time is there,,,but in our human reality all there is is Now, past is memory, future is imagination, both do not exist in the Now.,.. 

The big bang is in the past ..the entire  past is nothing but memory and mental imagination..so how could you say the big bang actually happened ?

If there is no time then there is no beginning automatically. And even if there is an illusion of time then still..nothing began because time is endless in both directions (past and future).

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

38 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

"Creation" happened, this is a step below what You are describing and what Sadhguru describes, a billion years later, here we are using phones or computers to chat with one another on a internet forum, how do You deny this when  You are answering a question on it right now?

How do you know these are sentences, there is a me that understand and you are in the world? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

How do you know these are sentences, there is a me that understand and you are in the world? 

We are the world.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Someone here Yes in some sense You are correct, but existence has levels to it, on the earthly body/mind complex level time exists, but its not literal, its found in memory and imagination, when it comes to the Absolute as You are talking about, even a Million years for us humans in infinity, but in math it is not, so its all relative and subjective, time is experienced subjectively, so depending on your present experience of life time may be appearing to go by fast or slow...Just because there is no time, as only Now exist, doesn't mean memory is illusionary or that it what happened in the past/things we remember didn't happen, they just happened in the past, subjectively that event whatever it is doesn't exist now, subjectively only Now exist..Objectively things happened, your Birth, My Birth, creation of the countries we live in, wars, suffering/death, great pleasures at a new chance and change in circumstances for many, all the way back to the supposed Big Bang..

In Spirituality, in my experience/research there are two basic methods of understanding, there it Top Down method, like what You are saying it seems, Only Absolute Exists, everything that is impermanent (Body, mind, material things, planets, solar systems, etc, everything that has a cycle attached to it) does not really exist because its impermanent, then there is the Bottom Up method, Yoga for eg, you start from where You are at, You don't think about or discuss Soul, God, Creation, Infinity and such things, You just bring Peace to your Experience as a natural occurrence, then go from there, with that comes more Clarity and Perception and things get more Intense and more potential arises...

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

We are the world.

Where is that world, when you are in deep sleep? 

6 minutes ago, James123 said:

So what is this to mean? I am not the Body or Mind or Ego, or anything my Intellect has identified with (Class, Sex, Wealth or lack of, etc), the Body Mind is something I have here to use as a tool, it exists for real on a certain level, to deny that is denying that you are reading a post, thinking a thought or reaction to it, and responding using a device...

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

Where is that world, when you are in deep sleep? 

Just like the world, it is constantly changing.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Ishanga said:

So what is this to mean? I am not the Body or Mind or Ego, or anything my Intellect has identified with (Class, Sex, Wealth or lack of, etc), the Body Mind is something I have here to use as a tool, it exists for real on a certain level, to deny that is denying that you are reading a post, thinking a thought or reaction to it, and responding using a device...

Find yourself in the body, I will give you a thousand dollars. Or show me how do you control the body? I have no idea wtf is going on or anything is going on.

Just now, Yimpa said:

Just like the world, it is constantly changing.

It is not the answer of the question. Moreover, how do you know it is changing, because you know or experience it so? 

Posted (edited)

@James123 Ppl have found "themselves" call it soul, call it life, call it whatever, but they can never prove it to someone else lol, that is a lousy way to want to know via someone else having to prove it too you, and then giving them a reward, all you can do with that is either believe or disbelieve and that puts you further away from actually knowing:)

All one can do it look at someone, and see if what they are doing is useful for You, I look at Sadhguru, he's on 24/7 and has been for over 30yrs, he has something going on, seems very happy and blissful too, so I want that, I just look at the evidence that's all!

Edited by Ishanga

@Ishanga whatever makes you happy brother. As long as you are happy, go for it ❤️

I clicked on this to see if Sadhguru was an influence. If his name would be mentioned. And walla! This is total obsession. But you do you. It's an observation, not a judgement. He does have some great things he says and knows his stuff and is a great teacher and influencer but there are some downsides to being obsessed with a particular gurus teachings. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

32 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I clicked on this to see if Sadhguru was an influence. If his name would be mentioned. And walla! This is total obsession. But you do you. It's an observation, not a judgement. He does have some great things he says and knows his stuff and is a great teacher and influencer but there are some downsides to being obsessed with a particular gurus teachings. 

I see only love, not obsession. 

10 minutes ago, James123 said:

I see only love, not obsession. 

I see obsession. But it doesn't matter what I see, all irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things. You're defending maybe because you have a similar obsession or see it within yourself somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

I see obsession. But it doesn't matter what I see, all irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things. You're defending maybe because you have a similar obsession or see it within yourself somewhere. 

Maybe all is love? Including our conversations. I see love almost on everything. 

Just now, James123 said:

Maybe all is love? Including our conversations. I see love almost on everything. 

Thats not the point. Obsessions is a form of love, hate is a form of love,, blah blah blah blah. We're  still here in the relative domain having a discussion. If you want to go there everything is One, its all the Absolute, you are me and i am you, this discussion is pointless since I'm just talking to myself, so is life and everything in this nothingness of a nothing hell hole. There's your love. Hahahahahaha

Posted (edited)

You were a black hole then you twisted yourself to look at yourself Sadhguru explains. You are still the black hole but you twisted to seperate half of you.

Edited by Hojo