StarStruck

Looking down on low service people

17 posts in this topic

I made some new friends and I noticed that I looked down on their jobs. It is linked to pride I think. I wouldn’t want to do those jobs but I’m glad other people want to do it. I need somebody to serve me that cold brew or flip my burger. 

Because you are defined by the cultural norms.I would much rather have a garbageman friend who is quality of a person, than a doctor who looks down on people just because they are less privilaged.

While ago you could be served by Jeff Bezos thinking how low of a person he is, then glorify him when amazon blows up, silly games.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

I made some new friends and I noticed that I looked down on their jobs. It is linked to pride I think. I wouldn’t want to do those jobs but I’m glad other people want to do it. I need somebody to serve me that cold brew or flip my burger. 

They should find new friends. away from you. Others don't exist to make your life more comfortable. 

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Because you are defined by the cultural norms.I would much rather have a garbageman friend who is quality of a person, than a doctor who looks down on people just because they are less privilaged.

While ago you could be served by Jeff Bezos thinking how low of a person he is, then glorify him when amazon blows up, silly games.

True. That is why you should respect everybody. 

Your heading does not match your post. There's a difference between looking down on a job VS looking down at people. The heading says people which is negative but nothing wrong with looking down on a job. It is incentive to expand and to look for better opportunities to enrich your life. Looking down on people says more about the person looking down, which is not what you're saying in your explanation. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

17 hours ago, StarStruck said:

It is linked to pride I think.

Insecurity

20 hours ago, StarStruck said:

True. That is why you should respect everybody. 

Said people might not have had the same opportunities as you. 

11 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Your heading does not match your post. There's a difference between looking down on a job VS looking down at people. The heading says people which is negative but nothing wrong with looking down on a job. It is incentive to expand and to look for better opportunities to enrich your life. Looking down on people says more about the person looking down, which is not what you're saying in your explanation. 

Good pointer. @bebotalkstop judging people so quickly. 

It’s fine to respect people, but have personal preference around the job you do. Idk, I notice these sorts of judgments too. I do accounting now, but I’ve done some of the shittiest jobs. So, I often look at people with understanding and compassion. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

45 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

It’s fine to respect people, but have personal preference around the job you do. Idk, I notice these sorts of judgments too. I do accounting now, but I’ve done some of the shittiest jobs. So, I often look at people with understanding and compassion. 

Do you like accounting? I did it for 2 years and although people look up to the job , for me it was a brain numbing work. 

Posted (edited)

@StarStruck I like the skills it is teaching me. I think my creativity needs the logic, procedural, down to earth, calculated nature of accounting. It has grounded me and I think helped me make a lot of high quality distinctions. 

I do find it satisfying to have built a skill and see the investment paying off by good works.  

I don’t see it as a life long thing. Accounting has opened many doors and will continue to. 
—- 

There is a difference between flipping burgers as a stepping stone, and flipping burgers for life. 

That being said, people have varying values and degrees of ambition. For some people working a simple job is all they want. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Jobs I look down on.

Some corrupted Government officials, Some lawyers, some doctors (prescribing poisons to their patients), FDA (approving poisons for consumption), Pharmacists (handing out poisons to patients), All McDonald's, Burger King, Chick-fil-A, Wendy's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and other poisonous fast food chain Franchisors. Coco-Cola, Pepsi, Bai, Tropicana drinks, Ocean Spray and all poisonous drink manufacturers. Some Pastors (preaching a bunch of nonsense and collecting tithes and offerings for their personal use), Priests (who molests children), All banks who approve mortgage that lasts 15+ yrs and collecting interests which is your own hard earned dollar. Hospital food manufacturers providing poisons to ill patients. This list in probably Infinite so I'll stop here.

I don't look up to wage slavery jobs, but I respect the people that do so to earn a living to support them and their families.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@StarStruck

Does this video resonate with your post?

◭"89"

On 18/03/2024 at 3:28 PM, Thought Art said:

@StarStruck I like the skills it is teaching me. I think my creativity needs the logic, procedural, down to earth, calculated nature of accounting. It has grounded me and I think helped me make a lot of high quality distinctions. 

I do find it satisfying to have built a skill and see the investment paying off by good works.  

I don’t see it as a life long thing. Accounting has opened many doors and will continue to. 
—- 

There is a difference between flipping burgers as a stepping stone, and flipping burgers for life. 

That being said, people have varying values and degrees of ambition. For some people working a simple job is all they want. 

Who says ambition is some overarching good? 

Service people should add diarrhoea-inducing agents in your sodas, once they know how you treat and view them hahahahahaha.

On 18/03/2024 at 8:20 PM, Thought Art said:

@StarStruck

Does this video resonate with your post?

This thumb is so manipulative it disgusts me.