Jannes

How to find excellent meditation teachers?

15 posts in this topic

I just watched this video with Healthy Gamer GG and what he had to say about meditation blew my mind. I thought I roughly new what it was about but his expertise and the clear way he articulated his wisdom showed me that there is probably still a lot to learn from meditation and so a lot more to get out of. I am missing comforting meditations so much actually. So my question, do you know where to find these professional meditation teacher which can show you one of the 112 meditation techniques which is tailored for you?

51:47 to 1:01:10 

1 hour ago, Jannes said:

So my question, do you know where to find these professional meditation teacher which can show you one of the 112 meditation techniques which is tailored for you?

If you yourself don't know it, how is another person going to know it?

You'll have to learn it by trial and error.

If you wanna learn the full science of meditation (112) then I reccommend you: The Book of Secrets: 112 Meditations to Discover the Mystery Within: An Introduction to Meditation

Otherwise just try and try till you find some meditation that works for you. Meditation didn't start working for me just after I did 150mg of Malt.

Right now the meditations that work for me the best are from Michael Taft 

It may not work for you. It took me many years to find something that really worked for me. Everyday is different and I do a meditation technique that calls me for that moment. Like pranayama, vipassana, kundalini, zazen...

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Posted (edited)

We live in an era with infinite information at your finger tips there is something out there that will teach you exactly the way you need to be taught you just gotta do the time looking for it.

God is giving us a free information pass.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

Find a Guru, this is why they exists, I found Sadhguru, he talks about these 112 methods to Realization, it was Shiva/Adi Yogi who taught that there are 112 ways, for eg Buddhism is just 1 way, there are 111 more.

Don't try to do it yourself, anyone saying otherwise is giving You bad advice, because experimenting is only going to make You go thru trial and error, why do that when You ppl have been doing it for thousands of years and have passed methods down that work, if you do it on your own, it probably won't happen in this life time, if that is okay with You then go for it alone, otherwise find a Guru...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

23 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Find a Guru, this is why they exists, I found Sadhguru, he talks about these 112 methods to Realization, it was Shiva/Adi Yogi who taught that there are 112 ways, for eg Buddhism is just 1 way, there are 111 more.

Don't try to do it yourself, anyone saying otherwise is giving You bad advice, because experimenting is only going to make You go thru trial and error, why do that when You ppl have been doing it for thousands of years and have passed methods down that work, if you do it on your own, it probably won't happen in this life time, if that is okay with You then go for it alone, otherwise find a Guru...

You don't have to find a guru. Anyone that says you have to find a guru doesn't understand their authority. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b3x3Y6zEK4&ab_channel=AlanWatts

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Posted (edited)

@Razard86

Someone gets me. I miss the last 2-3 minute parts when he talks about why we shouldn't believe him. Leo seems like a guru, but he is the antithesis of it. The best kind of scam. 😁

We forget to use even more wonderful tools that are right behind our eyes.

Edited by Understander

20 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

You don't have to find a guru. Anyone that says you have to find a guru doesn't understand their authority. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b3x3Y6zEK4&ab_channel=AlanWatts

Truth is the only Authority, Authority is never the Truth, a real Guru will help You discover the Truth for Yourself, not via beliefs, teachings, videos or any intellectualize of any sort, but by sharing methods for You to use and find out for Yourself, if you go on your own, which is also a way, it just may take allot longer and more trial and error which can lead to more suffering in the process, anyone that say otherwise is not wise imo:)

Its like telling ppl they don't need a coach or trainer for a boxing match or ufc fight, "Just do it all on your own" yes this can work but you will go thru lots of pain and suffering for it lol:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

People need to stop abusing their minds with spirituality.

A meditation teacher isnt the same as a guru in my understanding (although they can be both) because a meditation teacher is simply one who has lots of knowledge and experience with how different minds function and therefore which meditation techniques are suitable for different people. Not very different from lets say an optician who studied the functionality of different eyes and therefore can make competent suggestions which glasses are suitable for the patient (for people with foresight or short-sightedness for example) - the field of a meditation teacher is just a bit more complex and mental of course. 

On 3/17/2024 at 5:24 PM, Understander said:

People need to stop abusing their minds with spirituality.

Ppl mind are mostly already very abused as the Mind is societies Garbage bin, and most of society is garbage...Spirituality in its true form, is a method to clean our minds, plain and simple! but as with everything it gets distorted and misunderstood when too many ppl get involved with huge egos and no clarity!

@Ishanga

Spiritual people also have (big) egos. People who teach them also have egos but don't like to admit it; some are even delusional. They are surviving like any one of us. They are just a different kind of garbage.

(I'm not saying spiritual practices aren't helpful)

I am not sure about finding a teacher but Dr. K explains what the different parts of meditation are pretty well here:

With this overview you can pick and choose a meditation that suits you and customize it for yourself.

If you are about meditation, I would say Eckhart Tolle is the best. The guy just devoted his whole life to « presence » 

I find Eckhart Tolle to be the best for me to relax and really connect to the present moment. 

2 hours ago, thierry said:

If you are about meditation, I would say Eckhart Tolle is the best. The guy just devoted his whole life to « presence » 

I find Eckhart Tolle to be the best for me to relax and really connect to the present moment. 

I hate that guy. 😂 Not sure how that's possible but I do. I am already a very calm person, so maybe that's that that it is antithetical to how love works with opposite attract each other and stuff.