r0ckyreed

False Teachings - Ultra Thread

122 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I thought I would make a thread dedicated to deciphering the false teachings throughout Actualized.org and other things spiritual teachers have said. I will focus on the false teachings of Leo in this post, but I hope others expand on the false teachings of Leo as well as other spiritual gurus as well.

In one video, Leo stated that he will start to put intention false teachings in 10% of his videos. This thread will explore those as well as the unintentional false teachings.

Unintentional false teachings:

- Overestimating fasting and psychic abilities

- Underestimating the role of genetics

- Psychedelics will lead to enlightenment 

- Meditation will lead to enlightenment 

- Enlightenment is real and not just a Buddhist fiction.

- His previous videos were highly influenced by Buddhist dogma.

- “Reality is neutral.” He stated this in one video long ago.

- Consciousness has many bubbles like a sponge. (Sponge analogy from Perception video).

-Perception being an illusion. This is a false teaching because being is absolute and is not an illusion.

- Brain being imaginary. If the brain is imaginary, then everything is imaginary, and if everything is imaginary, then nothing is imaginary because that word would lose its meaning if there is nothing that isn’t non-imaginary.

- Oversimplifying and generalizing science. Leo had a narrow idea of what science was in previous videos, which made it easier to straw man. To be fair, he was really critiquing materialism because there is no difference between spirituality and science. 

- Making claims about consciousness that he never verified such as being able to embody the skills of Kobe Bryant through a state of consciousness. Not sure if I understood what he meant.

- Solipsism

Intentional false teaching:

- Stating that he has experienced Insanity when I highly doubt it.

- Victim mentality and overestimating the role of genetics on level of mastery and attraction.

- Narrow view of Art. Being an influencer is not artistic.

- Infinity of Gods

- Meditation is a waste of time and will never lead you to God Awakening.

-“At some point, reading books stops adding to your life.” I am paraphrasing the quote here. It is possible I may be taking it out of context.

I am sure there are more than I am overlooking. I appreciate Leo for pushing us to think for ourselves and contemplate. One thing I wish he would stress more is calling out when people are just parroting him and following Actualized.org ideology. Leo is quick to call out Buddhist bullshitters, which is good. But I think it is also important to call out fakers on here more often. It is kind of assumed that if people do not reach the same conclusions, then somehow they didn’t go “deep enough.” But what is overlooked is that if you went “deep enough” you would shatter your whole paradigm around awakening and teaching. The more you awaken, the more false insights/awakenings you also unravel. And technically, truth and falsehood must collapse at the ultimate degree if there is such a thing.

Please feel free to add on to this list. Nowhere near comprehensive. Let’s all take back our spiritual/intellectual authority and contemplate the false teaching we have absorbed and bought into. It could be from Leo or any other spiritual teacher. 

One more thing I want to point out as a small critique is that I feel like Leo sometimes isn’t as careful with how he words things and will sometimes go back and contradict what he says. For instance, he says the brain is imaginary but then also says that you need psychedelics to help change the imaginary neurons in the brain. I feel like it would be better to say that the brain is made out of consciousness/energy rather than making it sound like the brain is just a fluffy idea. I mean we are thinking of our brain right now and that is a concept. But there is an actual brain that is the same reality as my hands right now in my skull. My car might not be in my sight right now, but it still has the same actuality as my hands right now. It isn’t just a mere thought like Santa clause. The idea of my car actually points to something in reality. My idea of a brain actually points to something.

Thanks for reading. Please let me know if I am overlooking something because I know my understanding isn’t complete here.

Thanks for those who take this work seriously.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

4 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Thanks for those who take this work seriously.

The Universe is marveling in it's creations and having a grand 'ole time in bliss, joy, excitement and ecstasy, why so serious. Whatever is, is. Nothing will change what is.

What's real cannot be threatened, what's unreal doesn't exist. Respect, devotion and awe of what is, is all that's needed. The other stuff is add-ons, a way to show curiosity with child-like wonder. Get to know the Universe and it's wonders and marvel at how beautiful it is. The Universe doesn't care about teachings and gurus and Spirituality that has turned into a religion. It doesn't care whose right or wrong. All the important stuff is within you, be still and know. Ask and it will be revealed. The Universe is speaking, it speaks without words, go deep within and listen. No man can give you any teachings that you can't give yourself as to what's important and that is to get to know thyself.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Posted (edited)

prison planet, that’s one of the most dangerous false teachings I’m aware of.

law of attraction / manifestation isnt necessarily wrong, but it would be way more effective to work on yourself and especially your self esteem than try to manifest by doing some techniques. 

guru’s grace, transmissions, anything that makes you believe you can awaken without work. 

wow this thread is reminding me of the two cults I was involved in.

Edited by Oppositionless

Leo's teaching are true or false depending where you are at. That's the beauty of seeing the whole process over a decade, that you can relate and study where you find yourself in.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

-“At some point, reading books stops adding to your life.” I am paraphrasing the quote here. It is possible I may be taking it out of context

That was an extraordinary insight in it's full context. Utterly life transforming. Who writes the books in the end? At some point you have read so many books that you should write the books, not read more. If you read more you will brainwash yourself instead of pushing the edge of your inquiry. That's a priceless gem of epistemology right there.

Edited by Davino

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

believing psychic abilities are a sign of awakening

believing awakening is one - dimensional

belieiving awakening is the same for everyone

Intentional false teaching:

- Infinity of Gods

Lol no..

Infinity of Gods is like Solipsism on steroids. I have verified this awakening. I cannot communicate how profound it is. I have done it sober and with psychedelics, it is a legit facet of Awakening. I had it while walking on the street and even while interacting with other human beings. When you have this awakening it will blow your brains out. You will see literally your own consciousness manifesting through each and everybody animating them as it animates your own body. You will see God, literally God, moving in front of your eyes, you think you are interacting with other humans here? Huh, you ain't awake, there is only God talking to itself here. Infinity through each and everyone of us. I cannot communicate how profound it is. It will blow your brains out.

Brain being imaginary. If the brain is imaginary, then everything is imaginary, and if everything is imaginary, then nothing is imaginary because that word would lose its meaning if there is nothing that isn’t non-imaginary.

Reality is a dream of consciousness. It is not a word game that has to make logical sense to you. It is something you see with your own eye. You will gaze at your present experience and you will only see consciousness,,, dreaming everything up from nowness to infinity, as far as you flex consciousness. But I get where you come from, it didn't make any sense to me till it happens. All mystics: Reality is a drem. Me: what? this doesn't make any sense. I wake up, Me: Oh, Reality is really a dream! A dream of consciousness!!! That's outstandingly beautiful & ingenious!

That would be my feedback to your insightful post. I consider everything else up to debate but not the three points above. That's my position at least, you make up your own mind.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

@r0ckyreed In the end it is all a mind game

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

Posted (edited)

Leo's teachings are not teachings, they are Leo's realizations. You can have those realizations or others, it really doesn't matter. The important thing is if you can have genuine realizations, totally clean of any influence, direct, truly deep vision of reality. Any influence is toxic, it's a lie by definition. The mind must be totally empty to see directly . Are the Leo s teaching helping you to that? If yes, there are useful, it depends of the person I guess 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Posted (edited)

@r0ckyreed you are very confused.   I suggest do the spiritual practices rather than getting lost in a whole lot of teachings.  It seems you have consumed a whole lot of material and now it's become a huge garbled mess just circling around in your Mind- and you don't know what's true and what isn't.  I suggest you base what is true to you on direct experience rather than theory.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:35 PM, Davino said:

That would be my feedback to your insightful post. I consider everything else up to debate but not the three points above. That's my position at least, you make up your own mind.

Thanks for your input. I am still not convinced about Infinity of Gods. It sounds like my initial objections to Solipsism, that there are other consciousnesses that are sovereign like mine that I can’t access and yet I dream them up.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

On 3/16/2024 at 4:55 PM, Davino said:

That was an extraordinary insight in it's full context. Utterly life transforming. Who writes the books in the end? At some point you have read so many books that you should write the books, not read more. If you read more you will brainwash yourself instead of pushing the edge of your inquiry. That's a priceless gem of epistemology right there.

I agree. But the way Leo implied it in a post is that he has transcended books. I understand you will outgrow certain categories like self-help, but don’t be foolish that you think you have transcended reading all together. There is still more to learn from others about different fields because you can’t dedicate your life to researching it all. Books are still essential and you don’t transcend learning. Learning is lifelong. Learning is from outside in and creation is from inside out.

1 minute ago, r0ckyreed said:

and yet I dream them up

That dream is not like that. It seems to me to be a total error of appreciation but who knows. It implies that you are the creator of this experience. If so, why can't you make the slightest change? Leo thought he could make healings, real changes, and no. Why, if you are god? I do not see any creator god, I see intelligence that creates infinitely synchronized forms, a living infinite kaleidoscope that moves and self-organizes in the most intelligent way possible in synchronic cycles of existence. There is no god behind, it is this, now, developing, and its substance is existence aka you, the whole but same time just a part

Posted (edited)

On 3/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, r0ckyreed said:

- Consciousness has many bubbles like a sponge. (Sponge analogy from Perception video).

How is it possible that Leo previously became directly conscious of this, but then later became directly conscious of something opposing this? How do you know that he is not just making that same mistake, over and over again? Something to think about.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

On 3/16/2024 at 11:34 PM, Inliytened1 said:

@r0ckyreed you are very confused.   I suggest do the spiritual practices rather than getting lost in a whole lot of teachings.  It seems you have consumed a whole lot of material and now it's become a huge garbled mess just circling around in your Mind- and you don't know what's true and what isn't.  I suggest you base what is true to you on direct experience rather than theory.

Not sure what you are referring to. All of what I uncovered came from the opposite of theory. I contemplated contradictions I noticed. I have been doing spiritual practices for many years. I have come to the conclusion from my own direct experience that the only thing you can ever know and experience is Experience itself. Awakening, enlightenment, solipsism, etc. are all speculations, theory, and concepts. I have discovered that True Awakening for me is realizing that the search for enlightenment is a joke because enlightenment is nothing but remembering who I am, that I am the way, the highest truth, and the life. Enlightenment is recognition of this, as well as experiencing Absolute Beauty and Intelligence right now. A mystical experience is realizing that experience itself is mystical. There is no “knowing” of reality, only re-membering. Where am I wrong if my insight does not fit with the spiritual matrix?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Osaid said:

How is it possible that Leo previously became directly conscious of this, but then later became directly conscious of something opposing this? How do you know that he is not just making that same mistake, over and over again? Something to think about.

Exactly! Awakening must contradict itself at the deepest levels if reality is indeed a strange loop.

One Truth and Infinity of Truths are the same. I guess that might be where the Infinity Gods idea comes in.

Edited by r0ckyreed

3 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Exactly! Awakening must contradict itself at the deepest levels if reality is indeed a strange loop.

Or maybe, it indicates a fundamental error or corruption in the method for accessing truth.

The idea of "deeper truths" and "deeper awakenings" does indeed bring with it a massive contradiction, in the sense that it adds relativity to truth; that there is a state which lacks truth or depth, and then a higher state which does not lack that truth or depth. Overlooking this contradiction without reconciling the discrepancy may lead to false teachings such as the "bubbles inside of a sponge" supposition.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

19 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

One Truth and Infinity of Truths are the same

There are infinite relative truths and one absolute truth. The absolute truth is what you are, the substance of reality and it can't be said. To realize what you are you have to be totally empty.

21 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Thanks for your input. I am still not convinced about Infinity of Gods. It sounds like my initial objections to Solipsism, that there are other consciousnesses that are sovereign like mine that I can’t access and yet I dream them up.

Solipsism just means you are the only thing that exists

Infinity of Gods is recursive Solipsism or Solipsism²

Infinity subdivides in infinite parts and each part is equally infinite. A part of infinity is equally infinite that the whole of infinity, that's the paradox of infinity. This is not Cantor's notion of infinity this is real infinity.

How many seeds are in a seed? One seed can generate infinite seeds and yet each seed is equally whole, no seed is more seed than any other and all seeds contain an infinity of seeds. God is the seed, infinity is the perfect seed.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

The biggest mistake is believing that the absolute truth is realizing how things are, when it's what things are. The how it is always mind, it is not false, it is relative and always subject to doubt. What you are is absolutely true and you are right now, but you must remove all the barriers because otherwise what you are does not really manifest, if there is any limit, the perception will be veiled. The only truth is that you are the reality. There is nothing to say about this, just open yourself to it completely.