Emotionalmosquito

Female appreciation thread for women’s day

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 3/8/2024 at 8:32 AM, Emotionalmosquito said:

Share some female artists you like or a time when a girl stood up for you when she had nothing to gain from it, or any positive thing you can think of

There is nothing sexier than female vocalists / jazz vocalists. Period!

Women's day... well, women have been abused for most of the history, so as other men by the current tyrants at whatever time in the past. Right now it's a very political day. I rather view this day as a celebration of shakti. The feminine dimension of universe. Feminine qualities we all embody such as creativity, appreciation, beauty, expression, storytelling, language, diversity, being spontaneous, motherliness, nurturing, supporting, laughter, appreciation of all emotions, feeling, playfulness, submissiveness, inclusiveness, occultism, magic, prayer, faith, trust in life etc.

It is strange that we celebrate this day to accent the femininity of women while they are becoming more masculine because our economy requires it. This day reminds me of the socio-economic gender war propagated by marxist-like idea that is happening rather than celebrating a woman for what she naturally expresses. It is good to recognize some group of people in society, but the problem is that we forget about the idea about how to live sensibly and how to include everyone in society rather than pushing one agenda, otherwise Feminists and Manosphere will fight endlessly.

Edited by Applegarden8

9 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

“Actually you should be apologizing to yourself, not women.”

That's where the word "Actually" comes in as in, I thought, but now actually I think......

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

10 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Many men are fully at peace with themselves despite being based woman haters. Would you tell them the same thing? I already love myself enough. My misogyny doesn’t come from hating myself, it comes from being hated by women. Also where some of my kinks come from. If all that’s needed is for men to fix their wounds or whatever then why would an international holiday dedicated to the entire opposite gender be necessary? And I don’t like the idea that I’m trying to apologize to anyone. More like I’m simply doing something healthy by going out of my comfort zone. If anything I’d say they’re the ones with most of the apologizing to do. 

Nobody needs to ass kiss to anyone in this thread. It’s just for sharing what we like about women (challenging as it may be) in celebration of a holiday, nothing more or less.

Don't need to repeat but just take a look at what @Emeraldsaid and it will answer these comments FOR SURE. It isn't consciously recognized on your part, but it's OK because you haven't let go of certain fears that blinds you of this recognition. 

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

My misogyny doesn’t come from hating myself, it comes from being hated by women

This is one of the biggest self-deceptive statements one can make and believe. It is also one of the most destructive to oneself. It is so huge that you're not even recognizing how this statement has the power to negatively impact your whole life and destroy you in more ways than one. People don't hate you, you FEEL hated by people. There's a huge difference.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

People don't hate you, you FEEL hated by people. There's a huge difference.

How does this help him not hating himself? Telling men that they're wrong all the time does no good.

Posted (edited)

@EmotionalmosquitoAlso, be aware that one's intention is more powerful than the action that follows. If you feel hatred towards someone whose intention was not to hurt you, but you felt hurt anyway, you intentionally hating them back and being intentionally resentful will have a more negative karmatic effect than the person who wasn't aware of how their actions were hurting you. 

IOW, if you felt rejected from a female who was only acting in her best interest and well-being as a result of some thought she was having about the situation on-hand  and didn't feel comfortable about it and not because she was trying to intentionally hurt you, you intentionally setting an intention to harbor hateful feelings towards her will bring back to you more harm than her.

Like the story goes, God took in the guy at the brothel who kept thinking about God, and rejected the guy at the alter who kept thing about the brothel. It's not the actions but more about intention that can make a difference. Your intention is to hate while theirs was to protect themselves which felt like hate to you. Your intention will harm you more than them being affected by your hate. There's something about the power of intention that sets one apart in how we act. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

People don't hate you, you FEEL hated by people. There's a huge difference.

When you feel hated by people, people may come to actually hate you ;) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

When you feel hated by people, people may come to actually hate you ;) 

hmmm, interesting. Is that called the "backfire effect". I made that up. You do have a point there, though. I guess because of the energetic field.

5 hours ago, meta_male said:

How does this help him not hating himself? Telling men that they're wrong all the time does no good.

Are you telling me I'm telling men they are wrong all the time. Just asking. Or are you just speaking in general. Not sure.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

hmmm, interesting. Is that called the "backfire effect". I made that up. You do have a point there, though. I guess because of the energetic field.

It's the interpersonal equivalent of a psychosomatic syndrome (mind causing body causing mind causing body etc.):

When you feel bad, other people in your environment might start to feel bad, and then you might attribute their feel-bad behavior as the cause of you feeling bad, which makes you feel more bad, which makes them feel more bad, etc.

With these things, it's generally unclear what is the root cause. Most interpersonal dynamics are not easily described by linear causal relationships (A → B). They're more easily described by circular causal relationships where all the causal factors arise simultaneously in a co-dependent relationship (A ⟳ B). The same can be said for psychosomatic syndromes.

When we talk about relationships and say things like "he made me feel bad", we have to keep in mind that we're mainly doing it as a pragmatic move to express how we feel and that it's only ever one limited part of the story. And we should express how we feel, because that is how relationships work. But we should be careful about determining the reasons for why we feel what we feel. The safest bet is to be probabilistic and quantitative: "I feel x most probably and mostly because he did y, maybe less because z happened yesterday, and most probably and much less because of w etc.).

More importantly, we have to keep in mind that our feelings are biased and that we're often blind to a part of the story. But at the same time, you should never deny your own feelings outright. Your feelings are legitimate, just not absolutely legitimate.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's the interpersonal equivalent of a psychosomatic syndrome (mind causing body causing mind causing body etc.):

When you feel bad, other people in your environment might start to feel bad, and then you might attribute their feel-bad behavior as the cause of you feeling bad, which makes you feel more bad, which makes them feel more bad, etc.

With these things, it's generally unclear what is the root cause. Most interpersonal dynamics are not easily described by linear causal relationships (A → B). They're more easily described by circular causal relationships where all the causal factors arise simultaneously in a co-dependent relationship (A ⟳ B). The same can be said for psychosomatic syndromes.

When we talk about relationships and say things like "he made me feel bad", we have to keep in mind that we're mainly doing it as a pragmatic move to express how we feel and that it's only ever one limited part of the story. And we should express how we feel, because that is how relationships work. But we should be careful about determining the reasons for why we feel what we feel. The safest bet is to be probabilistic and quantitative: "I feel x most probably and mostly because he did y, maybe less because z happened yesterday, and most probably and much less because of w etc.).

More importantly, we have to keep in mind that our feelings are biased and that we're often blind to a part of the story. But at the same time, you should never deny your own feelings outright. Your feelings are legitimate, just not absolutely legitimate.

ok 

On 3/9/2024 at 2:03 AM, Applegarden8 said:

There is nothing sexier than female vocalists / jazz vocalists. Period!

Could not agree more

On 3/9/2024 at 2:03 AM, Applegarden8 said:

Women's day... well, women have been abused for most of the history, so as other men by the current tyrants at whatever time in the past. Right now it's a very political day. I rather view this day as a celebration of shakti. The feminine dimension of universe. Feminine qualities we all embody such as creativity, appreciation, beauty, expression, storytelling, language, diversity, being spontaneous, motherliness, nurturing, supporting, laughter, appreciation of all emotions, feeling, playfulness, submissiveness, inclusiveness, occultism, magic, prayer, faith, trust in life etc.

It is strange that we celebrate this day to accent the femininity of women while they are becoming more masculine because our economy requires it. This day reminds me of the socio-economic gender war propagated by marxist-like idea that is happening rather than celebrating a woman for what she naturally expresses. It is good to recognize some group of people in society, but the problem is that we forget about the idea about how to live sensibly and how to include everyone in society rather than pushing one agenda, otherwise Feminists and Manosphere will fight endlessly.

Good shit! It’s important to recognize that both teams have very valid points, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Otherwise we’ll never get any progress made.

Women really are becoming less feminine from the increasing demands of society. But lucky for me, should I ever end up with one, I’m not overly concerned with that. Getting plenty of action is the main thing. Femininity is great, but lacking it isn’t a deal breaker.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:28 AM, Princess Arabia said:

@EmotionalmosquitoAlso, be aware that one's intention is more powerful than the action that follows. If you feel hatred towards someone whose intention was not to hurt you, but you felt hurt anyway, you intentionally hating them back and being intentionally resentful will have a more negative karmatic effect than the person who wasn't aware of how their actions were hurting you. 

IOW, if you felt rejected from a female who was only acting in her best interest and well-being as a result of some thought she was having about the situation on-hand  and didn't feel comfortable about it and not because she was trying to intentionally hurt you, you intentionally setting an intention to harbor hateful feelings towards her will bring back to you more harm than her.

Like the story goes, God took in the guy at the brothel who kept thinking about God, and rejected the guy at the alter who kept thing about the brothel. It's not the actions but more about intention that can make a difference. Your intention is to hate while theirs was to protect themselves which felt like hate to you. Your intention will harm you more than them being affected by your hate. There's something about the power of intention that sets one apart in how we act. 

That’s fair enough. As long as a plain old rejection is the full extent of it. Some girls will go out of their way to screw us over as hard as possible just because they were offended we thought we were good enough for them. Myself and others here have experienced such things. But again, that’s for a different thread.

On 3/9/2024 at 9:15 AM, Princess Arabia said:

That's where the word "Actually" comes in as in, I thought, but now actually I think......

And what was the prompt for your sudden change in heart? I’m still trying to understand why you think this thread is but a weak attempt at an apology to half the earth’s population?

Imagine if a racist black or white person extended a friendly hand to the opposite race trying to ameliorate some of their hatred if only for a moment. Nobody would be saying that’s not necessary and really what they should be doing is looking within. Looking within is always good but what’s wrong with doing both?

On 3/8/2024 at 9:14 AM, Princess Arabia said:

This isn't female appreciation, it is appreciation for music done by females.

On 3/8/2024 at 9:21 AM, Princess Arabia said:

You might as well started a thread saying I hate women but at least i like some of their music.

Also wondering if these comments are still in effect. Almost seems like you feel like I’m the type of dude that would be in support of building factory farm recording studios where all the best female singers are milked for their heavenly voices :P

Nobody would be saying that’s not necessary and really what they should be doing is looking within. Looking within is always good but what’s wrong with doing both?

Because what's without is a reflection of what's within even though there's really no without, it just appears to be., but that's another topic.

I’m still trying to understand why you think this thread is but a weak attempt at an apology to half the earth’s population?

It's an attempt to forgive yourself for disliking half of the earth's population. Your true Self knows it's all you but the egoic mind, which is based in separation, doesn't - but that also is another topic.

On 9.3.2024 at 11:38 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Are you telling me I'm telling men they are wrong all the time. Just asking. Or are you just speaking in general. Not sure.

I was asking how this helps him not hating himself.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:47 AM, Princess Arabia said:

It's an attempt to forgive yourself for disliking half of the earth's population.

Or it could just be a thank you despite everything in me telling me to say fuck you instead. But wtf do I know, maybe you’re right 

On 3/8/2024 at 11:15 PM, Emerald said:

It is not possible to hate another person or group of people and be at peace with one’s self.

And as a woman who’s been on the receiving end of misogyny many times, I can tell you that misogyny always comes from deep levels of insecurity and fears of being inferior to women… and a deep resistance to one’s own Feminine side.

Misogynistic men are the ones who are most afraid of women… even if that fear comes out in the form of anger.

If you think the issue is with women… think again. The call is always coming from inside the house… and I’m sure that (deep down) you know this.

You’re more than welcome to share examples of how you’ve been mistreated by misogyny if you wish.

I’ve made more than my share of posts arguing that men have it harder, and will continue to. But not here. ITT I’m not allowed to debate my side. Only listen and try to understand 

This thread would not be complete without mention of Temple Grandin

She revolutionized the cattle industry making it not only more efficient but also less stressful for the cows using her autistic mind. 

On 3/13/2024 at 0:58 AM, Emotionalmosquito said:

Or it could just be a thank you despite everything in me telling me to say fuck you instead. But wtf do I know, maybe you’re right 

You’re more than welcome to share examples of how you’ve been mistreated by misogyny if you wish.

I’ve made more than my share of posts arguing that men have it harder, and will continue to. But not here. ITT I’m not allowed to debate my side. Only listen and try to understand 

You seem not to have grocked my main point that I was trying to drive across to you.

My point was not to say... here's my experiences with misogyny.

My point was to say that hatred of any particular group is never going to allow someone peace of mind or a strong sense of self. Hatred toward whole groups of people always comes from insecurity.

And I only bring up my experiences to give you a sense of how misogyny looks from my perspective... and it doesn't matter how confident the front is of the misogynistic person. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org