bmcnicho

Cognance Bacopa: A Nootropic that Potentiates Psychedelics

12 posts in this topic

This is different from regular bacopa.  This nootropic contains ebelin lactone, which is a positive allosteric modulator for the 5-HT-2A receptor, which is largely responsible for the effects of serotonergic psychedelics.

I tried taking it with mushrooms, and the trip lasted 8 hours instead of the usual 5 hours.  So the effects are similar to harmala alkaloids (maybe not quite as potent, it’s hard to say from only one experience), but due to a different chemical mechanism, there aren’t the same dietary restrictions as harmala, and the mild physical side effects I get from harmala were also absent.

It also significantly increases the strength of lysergamides.  I tried it with Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds (LSA), and the first half of the trip was much stronger than normal, although the total duration was unchanged.

Cognance also about doubles the potency of cannabis, and has interesting effects when taken by itself, similar to a psychedelic microdose.

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It would be good to get more data on whether this works consistently for everyone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Will you one day share your method to extend your trips?

In your video about reading a poetic description of god consciousness you mentioned that(tripping whole day)

14 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura Will you one day share your method to extend your trips?

In your video about reading a poetic description of god consciousness you mentioned that(tripping whole day)

There's no secret. Either use harmala extract or just do many back to back trips.

Warning: This can be very dangerous, so be careful.

@ZenSwift Yes, that’s the right kind.  I took 2 capsules, because they found that produced full effects, such that taking more would only make it last longer.  Taking just 1 should have enough of an effect to be noticeable though.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There's no secret. Either use harmala extract or just do many back to back trips.

Warning: This can be very dangerous, so be careful.

You used harmala with what other than DMT?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

You used harmala with what other than DMT?

It pretty much works with anything, but some combos can be dangerous or even lethal.

Don't combine harmala with the 5-MeO class.

Edited by Leo Gura

Oleamide does as well. I explained the mechanism behind it and have tested it myself

@Twega wouldnt the Saudi govt chop your head of if you are caught taking psychidelics

1 hour ago, Ramanujan said:

@Twega wouldnt the Saudi govt chop your head of if you are caught taking psychidelics

I wasn't in Saudi I was in lisbon Portugal.

But no they wouldn't, they would jail you. Which is why I avoid taking anything here