Carl-Richard

Are "Western" values objectively good? An argument from the perspective of SDT

31 posts in this topic

An example of western sickness, maybe:

One value of Western that need a big review is the ideia of "infinite,unlimited Growth" or Capitalism. Yes I am aware that no growth at all is not possible. To stop the machine for ajustment is not possible. But the ontological frame that "the sky is the limit" and of " growth no matter the costs" is insanity. 

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

An example of western sickness, maybe:

America would be like I have a girlfriend and I cheat her with her friends but when I discover she is cheating me with my friends I get butthurt and say it is not fair. Pure Hypocrisy

9 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

And? It's generally proving my point a bit more though, as stated most of human history it's been authoritarian regimes and hybrid regimes, mostly patriarchic rulership with exceptions here and there. When orthodox religion, and organized religion came about is around the flawed democracy part 

How does it prove your point? No human form of government has existed for 3.5 billion years.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

47 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

How does it prove your point? No human form of government has existed for 3.5 billion years.

It proves my point when Authoritarian regimes are 2 plus more blocks. Also most of human history patriarchies ruled, and the rules and rights, which itself are abstract, and defended and enforced by other MEN. Plus we're still facing birthrate declines in most westernized countries.

@DefinitelyNotARobot

26 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Not if you want to be a dictator. 😉

The majority of humanity had dictators though, and biggest chunk was authoritarian and patriarchy. Without MEN to enforce rights with enforcement arms like military, soldiers, martial laws up to policing,  then those rights are void to begin with. In fact Women on average can't defend themselves on scale, and have to rely on males in average, other men, to enforce rights and rules that sometimes favors women more than men, hence the biggest weakness of Feminism, multiculturalism, and egalitarianism, those rights got to be enforce by the patriarchy and organized religions and orthodoxies in the first place!

And we're still suffering greatly in the west, some in the East for example South Korea that has adopted western liberalism, individualism, democracy, feminism, even Neo liberalism/late stage capitalism, and apparently as the generations gone, replacement numbers are dwindling versus North Korea which is increasing in replacement numbers. Same with Japan. Why is that?

Posted (edited)

Danioover9000, why are you putting so much emphasis on declining birthrates in the first world countries? It isn't a problem at all. Google what demographic transition is btw, it's a natural inevitability.

Overall, the total population of the Earth keeps growing, so mass immigration is one of the solutions.

Secondly, with mass automatization, you don't need a lot of people anyway. All this talking about falling birthrates makes it look like people are supposed to have kids. People are supposed to do whatever floats their boat, metaphorically speaking. If they wanna have kids - amazing, if not - perfect as well.

Edited by Porphyry Fedotov

@Porphyry Fedotov

6 hours ago, Porphyry Fedotov said:

Danioover9000, why are you putting so much emphasis on declining birthrates in the first world countries? It isn't a problem at all. Google what demographic transition is btw, it's a natural inevitability.

Overall, the total population of the Earth keeps growing, so mass immigration is one of the solutions.

Secondly, with mass automatization, you don't need a lot of people anyway. All this talking about falling birthrates makes it look like people are supposed to have kids. People are supposed to do whatever floats their boat, metaphorically speaking. If they wanna have kids - amazing, if not - perfect as well.

Because having children and a family unit has been the bedrock of most societies that are mostly at stage blue in SD development. Birthrates is a direct negative consequence of feminism, multiculturalism, hyper individualism, democracy, egalitarianism, late stage capitalism and secularism/atheism run amok. It's so bad these westernized countries have to maintain and increase immigration from 3rd world countries that mostly are more stage blue than stage orange/green in values, mostly in orthodoxy religious theocracies. The big decline in birthrates means less number of humans to supply and demand, so most western countries have to import people from 3rd world countries that can produce above replacement threshold. Look at countries that are westernizing and have adopted western values like South Korea and Japan, their numbers are going down.

Mass immigration is one of the solutions??? So you're in favor of maintaining lack of human decency and moral degradation of nation and country? And you don't mind when mass automation, algorithms and A.I generation machines replace your purpose here on earth? Gotcha.

Posted (edited)

@Carl-Richard The west, today, honors the individualism way too much above the other values, unproportionally, what creates many problems.

2. The west emphasizes one's strenghts also too much, and overlook the importance of working on the person's weaknesses, from them even more important development can occure.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!