Adodd

Me vs Myself

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have been into yoga, meditating, learning about emotions blah blah blah…

so I really do have the tools to handle nearly any emotional situation yet when the emotion arrives it’s so damn convincing. It’s so hard to separate myself from the emotion, even if I can see all the signs and feel it in the body, it’s like when anger comes up there’s something deep that makes me feel like I SHOULD be angry. Just the thought of calming myself when I’m mad and my heart rate is elevated brings a type of resistance. Like my body is afraid to resist the emotion even though I want it to??? Like when I’m mad, there’s something almost subconscious resisting just taking a few deep breaths. Why? When I would literally rather happy than pissed off and I know that it will calm me down?

what is subconsciously happening here? I feel pretty confident that most of the population can relate to this even if they don’t realize it and just to clarify I’m not talking about outbursts I’m talking about even when emotions are small. This is true for Small or big emotions .

Edited by Adodd

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Posted (edited)

The first step of dealing with emotions is to deeply feel them and embrace them. Trying to resist them or let go is the wrong initial approach 

Doesn't matter if they are justified or not. You may have heard that "what you resist persists". It's more true than for anything else for emotions.

It seems like the kind of emotions you're referring to are better off being called " emotional reactions.

The nature of these emotions is for self-manipulation.

If you hear a loud noise mid night that wakes you from your sleep, you will feel fear. For a good reason, which is to maximize caution , watch out for threats and enhance your perception for the sake of survival, even if it turns out it was just your cat that knocked a glass off the counter

It is deeply wired into your genetics and it's the reason you're alive.

Anger specifically is a little different. It origins when you feel you've been hurt.

The " something deep that makes you feel like you should be angry" is your subconscious frame of mind and perspective

If you come at the situation from a more broad and understanding perspective, it's pretty much impossible to get angry.

Once you reframe, then tools to deal with the accidental emotional reaction begin to be effective. Deep breathing, exercise, nft tapping, Sedona method,  shaking, etc ( depends on the emotion) 

If you share the specific scenario you were referring to I can show you how to reframe it if you don't see it yourself already. Byron Katie has an amazing book on this subject called " the work ". You can also just look up her seminars on YT to get a feel for what she's about

Let me know how that sounds and if you'd like to elaborate on something more concrete.

Also it would be good if your thread title was more accurate to your question so that other people with similar struggles would click it. You can still swap it if you want

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

Try going fully into the anger. Dark emotions are like a tunnel, at the end is light. Anger is a fear response to your power being threatened. Take a deep breath. On the in breath feel the anger completely and on the outbreath feel the satisfaction that the anger seeks. Imagine and feel the threat being destroyed. Come into complete power. Omnipotence is a godly quality. Feel the joy of this power.

Tell me if this helps

The road to God is paved with bliss.

anger = anytime not getting expected reaction #anger

contemplate

Yeah, as @mmKaysaid, maybe, if you can rename the title. It doesn't really do justice to what the thread is about. Loved the advice given there too. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Anger = Response to an unfulfilled desire.

What do you desire that isn't being fullfilled?

Could you let go of that desire being fulfilled?

Would you let go of that desire being fulfilled?

It is the nature of anger to make you feel justified! Righteous! Pseudo-POWERFUL!

You may tell yourself you want to be happy, but in Truth, you don't want to, otherwise you'd choose to be happy.

But you stay angry.

There is a justification holding it in tact.

What is that SHOULD you described?

Why SHOULD you be angry?

Why do you love anger?

🕉️