Oppositionless

Is consciousness just awareness?

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Awareness is the empty void or rest state prior to anything. Consciousness is everything arising from the disturbance of that still awareness.

some call awareness the source, and consciousness, God.

even though they’re effectively the same… one doesn’t exists as it is just an appearance that comes and goes from the other which is the only thing that is there before, during and after the disturbance. even though awareness is always there, it gets obstructed by its disturbances. Like a string it is still and when plucked a wave or vibratory disturbance can be seen,heard, felt ( peaks, troughs, nodes, amplitude, harmonics etc) yet the only thing that is really there is a still string. 

awareness is like a dim light until it evolves using something to define itself against so when there are things to know( disturbances/ consciousness ‘con-with’ ‘science-knowing’) it becomes a process ( mind/god). An ocean of imagination with which to create realities. A dream to project itself into to experience the appearance of infinity. A brighter light.

awareness is like an internal infinity not opposed to but complimentary to the god infinity. The combination bring about a mind or mental process. 

at least that’s what I’ve come into contact with so far. 

Edited by Adrian colby
Further contemplation and noticing incorrect predictive text

11 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Consciousness is Nothing, boundless, no borders.

That´s it, awaken that there is only Dreaming, 

that’s one level of awakening, but there seems to be an immense degree of intelligence, structure and intent behind this nothingness.

after all, the heart beats , the mind thinks and the body speaks. :)

8 hours ago, Adrian colby said:

Awareness is the empty void or rest state prior to anything. Consciousness is everything arising from the disturbance of that still awareness.

some call awareness the source, and consciousness, God.

even though they’re effectively the same… one doesn’t exists as it is just an appearance that comes and goes from the other which is the only thing that is there before, during and after the disturbance. even though awareness is always there, it gets obstructed by its disturbances. Like a string it is still and when plucked a wave or vibratory disturbance can be seen,heard, felt ( peaks, troughs, nodes, amplitude, harmonics etc) yet the only thing that is really there is a still string. 

awareness is like a dim light until it evolves using something to define itself against so when there are things to know( disturbances/ consciousness ‘con-with’ ‘science-knowing’) it becomes a process ( mind/god). An ocean of imagination with which to create realities. A dream to project itself into to experience the appearance of infinity. A brighter light.

awareness is like an internal infinity not opposed to but complimentary to the god infinity. The combination bring about a mind or mental process. 

at least that’s what I’ve come into contact with so far. 

that’s a very poetic way of saying it

8 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

that’s a very poetic way of saying it

I’m currently going through a phase of studying it more from a physicists perspective in that instead of using the mental analogies of awareness and consciousness, I’m looking at it as light, magnetism and field geometry. It’s closer to what we see appearing in our universe but I’m not at the understanding yet.

I understand it better through poetic descriptions but only so far that I can go with those. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Adrian colby said:

I’m currently going through a phase of studying it more from a physicists perspective in that instead of using the mental analogies of awareness and consciousness, I’m looking at it as light, magnetism and field geometry. It’s closer to what we see appearing in our universe but I’m not at the understanding yet.

I understand it better through poetic descriptions but only so far that I can go with those. 

I have a casual interest in the subject but I can get a glean of the immense complexity of what this is by looking at the complexity of math

Physics reminds me that there is more to awakening than just an empty void of nothingness that buddhists talk about.

if that was the end all, well, I don’t see why we would be able to talk about it!

Edited by Oppositionless

Consciousness is deeply intelligent. Ego is nothing and poo-poo. Are y’all aware of that?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

39 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

that’s one level of awakening, but there seems to be an immense degree of intelligence, structure and intent behind this nothingness.

after all, the heart beats , the mind thinks and the body speaks. :)

Yeah, is pure Perception. The ego just does not understand yet what is happening.

It was realized today by the Universe that There are no POVS at all, just Infinite Being.

There is no Perception, but Infinite Being.

Surrender totally the illusion and Bliss will be the only thing left. 

Surrender that there are others, body, death, life, everything. Everything, surrender every DAMN FUCKING THOUGHT. 

What could be better than empty silent boundless bliss?

Secretly you are looking for total dissolution, even the word 'God' feels heavy. Too much responsibility.

You should be here only to enjoy Being You, not mess yourself with self-proclaimed responsabilities. 

42 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Consciousness is deeply intelligent. Ego is nothing and poo-poo. Are y’all aware of that?

Yes.

5 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

It was realized today by the Universe that There are no POVS at all, just Infinite Being.

There is no Perception, but Infinite Being.

Surrender totally the illusion and Bliss will be the only thing left. 

Surrender that there are others, body, death, life, everything. Everything, surrender every DAMN FUCKING THOUGHT. 

What could be better than empty silent boundless bliss?

Secretly you are looking for total dissolution, even the word 'God' feels heavy. Too much responsibility.

You should be here only to enjoy Being You, not mess yourself with self-proclaimed responsabilities. 

true. believing I was God was a big ego trip. smoking weed fed into that.

Getting sober while doing spiritual work has been the best thing in my life.

Posted (edited)

Who the fuck knows honestly.

Everything springs from an infinite nothing, and the “dream” is that the nothing looks like something. 

It can all be pretty much summed up like that. 

Edited by Ry4n

@Oppositionless Consciousness, we cannot completely describe it using words and language, since these things are dualistic in nature and Consciousness is Oneness, Completeness, and Allness,, but in that all possibility is there, so potential and possibility come from this Oneness, Completeness, Allness, Consciousness per say, so if that is true then Duality and Physicality and such as we have here on Earth has to exist, since that is a possibility, as Humans we have the ability to Realize this duality and Oneness situation within Ourselves as Individuals but as Beings that are capable of Being Connected to Everything...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

There is no subject without object and no object without subject, which means that subject is equivalent to object. There is no perceiver, perception and thing perceived, there is existence. This means that there is no consciousness, there is reality.

reality is infinite, therefore it is everything. So, why seems that am I a bubble of perception or consciousness that only perceives a finite phone on which I write? because I'm a limited bubble of reality emergent, which means I limit everything except the phone. This might seem like I am God creating the telephone, but the telephone always existed, the same as everything else, nothing can be created but revealed by being blind to everything else. This moment is complete infinity, but it is perceived as a part, and that part is the telephone.

Within this limited bubble there are other infinite limited bubbles perceiving even more restricted limits, and above it there are infinite bubbles perceiving even broader limits, and all of them are, also right now, the non-bubble, the infinite total opening. It could be said that they are all me, but really I am only this one, since the others are different configurations and therefore different self-perception. all are in the end the total unlimited opening, but this is not "I", it is existence. It is neither concrete nor personal nor defined, so I cannot say: I am reality, but rather, when I disappear, the infinitely profound reality manifests itself. 

We can't know the infinite depth, but we can open ourselves to it's quality, that is our quality.

Edited by Breakingthewall