Majed

life is extraordinarily difficult

7 posts in this topic

it seems to me that the good life is just a fantasy, life is extraordinarily difficult. in my case my ocd made the basic things of life sounds so hard and difficult to do.

i guess it's wiser to expect of yourself to live an average life, like you know, you're no better than homeless people, alcoholics, drug addicts, mentally ill people..

don't expect too much of yourself, this actualized.org stuff makes life way too difficult, you have to be awake, and bang hot girls, and live off your passions, and be a well educated intellectual... for the average person just one of these is more than what they'll have in their whole life. 

it's very deterministic what i'm about to say but i think the good life is just luck, otherwise it's foolishness to believe you're gonna have the good life through some kind of human effort. 

Love the story. Could have made it juicier, though. Infinite stories for Infinite Realities. Your choice. It's only so because you, as Source of all your creations, says it's so and now you will continue to see evidence of that because your world is just a creation of your own mind.

If you tell me that it is what you see "out there" and you have proof and evidence, then you're just unaware of what Reality is and how your focus and attention influences all of that to fit into your own dream. Change the story, change your experiences, that's why things are ever-changing and nothing stands still; it is to fit inside our own relative dream. It wouldn't be possible if everything was still. Life is fair precisely for this reason, we're just unaware of it.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

I've found in my own experience, that whatever I think about life will become my reality.

And that by thinking that "living a good life is hard" we are putting imaginary barriers between our current state and a state where life is good.

Because sometimes we might catch ourselves being in the zone, being happy and living the good life.

But then, our mind comes in and asks "hey, you know this is supposed to be hard? What have you actually done to get here?".

And we start "backwards rationalising" to ourselves that we can't be, in fact, happy and living the good life in the moment because we haven't done anything hard recently.

❤️

I agree that to expect one to master all the basic human level areas and still dive deep into the deep end of the spiritual sphere is in itself an overkill. But a bit like @universe already sided, it’s a lot about your own perception. Perfect life doesn’t have to look specific. You make it yourself and you evaluate it by yourself. The skill that becomes central is your capacity to not give a fuck, to not take the metrics for good life from anywhere else but from whithin. It really is hard, but it becomes easier as you become more conscious and learn to make sense of everything - the meaningless and the meaningful aspect of life and your existance. That’s what the process of working on yourself is about.

But I understand. It’s messy, hard and frustrating. A really small portion of the work we do on ourselves becomes concretely visible and sometimes it fools us. Hang in there my friend!

Focus on the thing you want to improve and keep in mind different things come in different stages. Don't worry so much about the deep spiritual stuff till you get a handle on your material life for example. You only have to care about the things that matter to you. You owe yourself at least that much.

The average person isn't aware of self-improvement. It is a given then that they will get average results.

It is all about the adventure at the end of the day.

I agree with you that "the good life" is a fantasy. It's simply exists for us to not lose meaning from our lives. But I believe there is an actual good life that I have no idea what is like, but intuit is driven by being awake. 

Actualized.org is for those who are privileged enough to know English and have a decent internet connection.

No matter what problems we face in our lives, be it material, spiritual or mental, for a lot of us, because of our standing in the social hierarchy, determination and persistence can get us to a big chunk of that "good life".

For you, the good life is possible, or at least a large part of it, and that's why you had aimed for it in the first place.

Therefore, you cannot blame Actualized.org for burdening you with achieving the good life, if it's possible for you, you must burden yourself with that possibility.