Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

Man sets himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy, screaming "Free Palestine!"

43 posts in this topic

@Jodistrict

On 28/02/2024 at 1:30 AM, Jodistrict said:

A Buddhist monk set himself on fire in 1963 during the Vietnam war, which made a lasting impression  on the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thích_Quảng_Đức

To the modern, materialist mindset this is viewed as crazy.   But when the crazy call you crazy, does that mean you are sane?

True, unbelievable hoe people here are very quick to demonoze this self immolation act. It actually was a form of protest for Tibetans against China then in Vietnam.

Obviously don't burn yourself, but I recognize courage to self immolation. That has to be painful as hell to do and you actually have to overcome your fear of death. Majority of people here, if you're honest, me included, are cowards that will not overcome death like this and we all prefer comfy lives. So I am not going to discredit such a crazy act. Just see and observe with eyes of unbias, put aside your biases and just give credit where it's do, and don't demonize too much. To me that is not cowardly act.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Yimpa

18 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Great point. Japan is much healthier now.

Well technically Japan's much healthier because USA used nukes twice and forced them to surrender. Like they had no choice but to surrender, let go, and pick themselves up.

Although Birthrates decline in Japan is alarming thougn.