OBEler

Apple vision pro is out

35 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

There are none lol. People are gonna drive with this shit on and how are cops gonna regulate distracted driving? “Oh officer, it wasn’t on.”  lol.

More people are gonna be walking distractions and philosophical zombies. It is just going to feed the reptilian brain. What can apple pro teach me that I can’t learn from a library and from meditation? People are going to use this to grow towards the Devil and away from God. If you can’t see this, then it is foolish.

"There are non"

Common...are you serious?

And here is the solution to distract driving: having an ready to use unpacked VR device in your car is not allowed. Case closed.

You have some irrational fears

Edited by OBEler

46 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@MarkKol you see already people wearing this thing n public? Or you just saw some YouTube videos 

I've seen them, granted I am currently in the US and I jog a lot, you probably won't find anyone wearing this in the sane realms of the Old World!

Edited by MarkKol

55 minutes ago, OBEler said:

"There are non"

Common...are you serious?

And here is the solution to distract driving: having an ready to use unpacked VR device in your car is not allowed. Case closed.

You have some irrational fears

You can’t deny that this invention isn’t going to awaken society. It is gonna be like another iPhone and TikTok invention where people waste their lives and confine themselves to the Digital Matrix. Sure, it may help you broaden your education in some ways, but it seems far more entertainment addictive.

And by the way, just because you pass a law that driving with VR is not allowed doesn’t mean people are going to follow that law. People still text while they drive, so you aren’t going to stop unconsciousness without respect and enforcement of the law. I mean just look at black hat hackers. Technology promised us easier lives, which it has in a way, but it has also exposed us to more BS. Look at black hat hackers. People don’t have to come to your house to rob you anymore, which you can see that as a good thing or bad thing. But physical robbery will still exist. So you can make the argument that technology helps make criminals act in less violent ways instead of fully gunning down a bank. But I think these arguments are foolish because AI is already used to impersonate others, which will negatively influence our politics.

It seems like you are overlooking the negatives. When it comes to technology, I think it is wise to lean more conservative. I don’t think being liberal here is wise. People being ignorant to the consequences of inventions are what I call naive optimists.

Also, what I meant by my previous statement of “there are no benefits” is I was referring to the added value to society. Sure, this technology may help people be more productive, but it isn’t going to get you to Awakening. The goal is life is Awakening, so I just don’t see how this will fulfill that goal because you are essentially placing yourself in the Matrix

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I’ve heard people talk about comfort issue if wearing for extended period of time. Gonna wait for gen 3 or 4 for massive improvements.

Think of iPhone 4 and how many crazy advancements were made to the already impressive iPhone 1.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12 hours ago, Heaven said:

I imagined it being smaller.. It’s more like a helmet rather than glasses.

The price is high for most people. Even if I would buy it most of my friends wouldn’t be able to. 

Apple jammed a ton of technology in there and went balls-to-the-wall. This clearly isn’t marketed towards your grandma just yet.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

19 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

You can’t deny that this invention isn’t going to awaken society. It is gonna be like another iPhone and TikTok invention where people waste their lives and confine themselves to the Digital Matrix. Sure, it may help you broaden your education in some ways, but it seems far more entertainment addictive.

And by the way, just because you pass a law that driving with VR is not allowed doesn’t mean people are going to follow that law. People still text while they drive, so you aren’t going to stop unconsciousness without respect and enforcement of the law. I mean just look at black hat hackers. Technology promised us easier lives, which it has in a way, but it has also exposed us to more BS. Look at black hat hackers. People don’t have to come to your house to rob you anymore, which you can see that as a good thing or bad thing. But physical robbery will still exist. So you can make the argument that technology helps make criminals act in less violent ways instead of fully gunning down a bank. But I think these arguments are foolish because AI is already used to impersonate others, which will negatively influence our politics.

It seems like you are overlooking the negatives. When it comes to technology, I think it is wise to lean more conservative. I don’t think being liberal here is wise. People being ignorant to the consequences of inventions are what I call naive optimists.

Also, what I meant by my previous statement of “there are no benefits” is I was referring to the added value to society. Sure, this technology may help people be more productive, but it isn’t going to get you to Awakening. The goal is life is Awakening, so I just don’t see how this will fulfill that goal because you are essentially placing yourself in the Matrix

It's very narrow to judge a device only on how much it will awaken society. Awakening is not everything. We need to live on this planet.survival still counts.

And putting so much fear on abusing this device for driving a car is overreacting. Yes some idiots will do this at the beginning but these are also these kind of people who would smoke weed while driving a car, but it would be even more riskier because the police will immediately see their illegal behavior right in their face. Therefore there will be consequently very few who would do that. 

That's what I meant by irrational fear.

Tech like this doesn’t interest me at this point. However, if I could get some kinda augmented reality classes that helped me with planning, creating, building common place book, research and contemplation I may be interested 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 minutes ago, OBEler said:

It's very narrow to judge a device only on how much it will awaken society. Awakening is not everything. We need to live on this planet.survival still counts.

And putting so much fear on abusing this device for driving a car is overreacting. Yes some idiots will do this at the beginning but these are also these kind of people who would smoke weed while driving a car, but it would be even more riskier because the police will immediately see their illegal behavior right in their face. Therefore there will be consequently very few who would do that. 

In 84 years we will die if we remove the Vision Pro from our heads

Edited by Yimpa

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

but it would be even more riskier because the police will immediately see their illegal behavior right in their face. Therefore there will be consequently very few who would do that. 

What about the people being more disconnected from reality? I saw a video of a guy walking around in public with that thing. It just looks dumb and it lowers your senses. You wanna talk about survival? It probably isn’t gonna be a good idea to have your senses blocked in public. There are already problems with people wearing headphones and not being aware of their surroundings. I just don’t see how this is going to add value to society anymore than an iPhone. The cool things about it is the TV and environment mode, but these could dissuade people from actually experiencing nature and going to a movie theatre. I just see us building our own demise and matrix. At what point will you be concerned? When we are no longer able to distinguish reality from simulation, that’s when we will know for sure that we fuvked up. But hey, welcome to the metaverse. It’s easy to control people when they are distracted and entertained. Much harder when they are focused and educated.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

8 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

When we are no longer able to distinguish reality from simulation, that’s when we will know for sure that we fuvked up. But hey, welcome to the metaverse.

Welcome to Awakening 

;)

Edited by UnbornTao

2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

What about the people being more disconnected from reality? I saw a video of a guy walking around in public with that thing. It just looks dumb and it lowers your senses. You wanna talk about survival? It probably isn’t gonna be a good idea to have your senses blocked in public. There are already problems with people wearing headphones and not being aware of their surroundings. I just don’t see how this is going to add value to society anymore than an iPhone. The cool things about it is the TV and environment mode, but these could dissuade people from actually experiencing nature and going to a movie theatre. I just see us building our own demise and matrix. At what point will you be concerned? When we are no longer able to distinguish reality from simulation, that’s when we will know for sure that we fuvked up. But hey, welcome to the metaverse. It’s easy to control people when they are distracted and entertained. Much harder when they are focused and educated.

This device could in future warn you easily if a car will hit you lol. It is always scanning your environment.

It will be more aware of the environment and surroundings than the most awakened man on earth.

You can actually experience nature, this device can visualize a 4k flower in your face at any time. With that you can even experience more nature than before. And it will be probably more beautiful than the real flower with all it's dirty and mud it can have. Nature sucks with all these insects, I prefer a clean virtual one with perfect light and color.

Edited by OBEler

15 hours ago, OBEler said:

You can actually experience nature, this device can visualize a 4k flower in your face at any time.

You can experience a projection of nature, not nature itself which has a more visceral connection in ways we don't even know of.

1 hour ago, zazen said:

You can experience a projection of nature, not nature itself which has a more visceral connection in ways we don't even know of.

That's right 

But many people at home don't leave home to go to nature for many reasons (health, security, time) so at least they can experience it on the device.

Wonder what Steve would think about it 🥽