StarStruck

Training to deal with annoying clients?

9 posts in this topic

Some clients have low LOC and suspicious and rude about stuff. Like insinuating I’m selling stolen goods while everything can be checked with serial code if it is stolen or not. Or some customers try to get a lower price and can be very stubborn about it taking a lot of my precious time. On a bad day I can become abrupt and very direct which is not good for my karma and word to mouth. I obviously know how to deal with these customers but it seems like I need some time to get the hang of things. In the mean time I would like to follow a course or read a book on how to deal with these people. Don’t recommend me crucial conversations. 

Not everyone can be your client. Set some standards.

By setting boundaries and communicating clearly you will attract the right kind of people into your business. And people who do not align will stay away.

You don't have to train on how to deal with people. You need to train yourself on how NOT to deal with people. What does that mean? If a client is giving you a hard time, don't see it as giving you a hard time, see it as what's happening, then respond to what's happening. Don't personalize it, don't interpret it, don't internalize it, don't create stories around it, just see it for what it is. Your responses will be effortless and what you consider to be problematic will cease to be problematic and the clarity you need to resolve the situation will just automatically arise and the situation will resolve itself.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Consider reading The Pumpkin Plan. It talks about how to deal with shitty clients. But, not sure if it fits for you.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Your reaction to the thoughts and emotions of other people is a reflection of the relationship to yourself (or rather a part of yourself). This relationship is a direct result of your conditioning. A crucial part, of becoming more acceptant of the bs of other people, is to unwire this conditioning and become more acceptant of your own bs. This won't be done in a single course or with one book. You have to take a deep and critical look at your own psychology.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Your reaction to the thoughts and emotions of other people is a reflection of the relationship to yourself (or rather a part of yourself). This relationship is a direct result of your conditioning. A crucial part, of becoming more acceptant of the bs of other people, is to unwire this conditioning and become more acceptant of your own bs. This won't be done in a single course or with one book. You have to take a deep and critical look at your own psychology.

Damn. That hit home. 

12 hours ago, universe said:

Not everyone can be your client. Set some standards.

By setting boundaries and communicating clearly you will attract the right kind of people into your business. And people who do not align will stay away.

True. But I’m new so I need that foot between the door. After I’m rich I can have that attitude. It is just a learning process. 

16 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You don't have to train on how to deal with people. You need to train yourself on how NOT to deal with people. What does that mean? If a client is giving you a hard time, don't see it as giving you a hard time, see it as what's happening, then respond to what's happening. Don't personalize it, don't interpret it, don't internalize it, don't create stories around it, just see it for what it is. Your responses will be effortless and what you consider to be problematic will cease to be problematic and the clarity you need to resolve the situation will just automatically arise and the situation will resolve itself.

Good points. I take it personally and put up a defense. 

All depends on what your financial situation really is like. If you have more room to play with then you can just not deal with those people (respectfully if you can). And if they harass you, you gotta develop some kind of system in place for this. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。