Chosen144

What do you think of the name “unreal” for a musician?

18 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts? Weird, cringe? 

Look at some of these Usernames here on the forum. Anything goes. Hmmm, I like that for a name, "Anything_Goes".

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Chosen144 Could be cool. I’d be surprised if that name wasn’t already taken.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Chosen144

5 hours ago, Chosen144 said:

What are your thoughts? Weird, cringe? 

You mean like Unreal Engine, the program that Unisoft and other games use? It's okay, but it'll depend on so many developmental factors like spiral dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing and traits, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development in life and societal domains, ideology and biases.

Will also depend on what type of musician you are. Do you want to be a remix artist, a rapper? A ghost writter? What music do you want to do?

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

It's okay, but it'll depend on so many developmental factors like spiral dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing and traits, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development in life and societal domains, ideology and biases.

Seriously.

If you're planning to be a big musician you're gonna give fans a hard time searching you up and find things that are not the definition of "unreal"

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Sure, if you have a voice that is unreal. If not… cringe!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 2/7/2024 at 2:19 PM, lostingenosmaze said:

If you're planning to be a big musician you're gonna give fans a hard time searching you up and find things that are not the definition of "unreal"

It’s all about how you market yourself.

For example, The Undertaker in WWE. 

A more controversial example: 6ix9ine

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 05/02/2024 at 11:47 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Look at some of these Usernames here on the forum. Anything goes. Hmmm, I like that for a name, "Anything_Goes".

Off topic, but I find it interesting how you’re black, but your name is “Princess Arabia”. I presumed you were an Arab before I saw your profile picture. 

2 minutes ago, Chosen144 said:

Off topic, but I find it interesting how you’re black, but your name is “Princess Arabia”. I presumed you were an Arab before I saw your profile picture. 

I haven’t seen the new  Little Mermaid movie, but notice how in the new one she is Black and not White

25 minutes ago, Chosen144 said:

My real name in Lolita. Now that's the shocker.

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

My real name in Lolita. Now that's the shocker.

Lol, that would also make for a great stage name!

Don't just think of it as a mere "musician's name", think of it as a brand. What vibe or "personality" are you trying to express through this brand? This includes what the music sounds like, your album covers, the design of your website, other types of online activity (like having a YouTube channel where you make tutorials, or a Twitch channel where you stream your creative process).

Are you going for more of a mysterious vibe? In that case "unreal" would be fitting.

The bigger issue is going to be that when you look up "unreal", you mostly get stuff about the Unreal Engine. You also have to think about the people who're trying to look for your music. If they can't find it, because your name is too generic or associated with another brand, it's going to cause problems for you.

beep boop

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Lol, that would also make for a great stage name!

It ain't my name. But every name is a stage name. I have no name.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

It ain't my name. But every name is a stage name. I have no name.

Of course!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noname_(rapper)

On 10/02/2024 at 7:39 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Don't just think of it as a mere "musician's name", think of it as a brand. What vibe or "personality" are you trying to express through this brand? This includes what the music sounds like, your album covers, the design of your website, other types of online activity (like having a YouTube channel where you make tutorials, or a Twitch channel where you stream your creative process).

Are you going for more of a mysterious vibe? In that case "unreal" would be fitting.

The bigger issue is going to be that when you look up "unreal", you mostly get stuff about the Unreal Engine. You also have to think about the people who're trying to look for your music. If they can't find it, because your name is too generic or associated with another brand, it's going to cause problems for you.

You know I’ve been thinking about this comment of yours for a while now. I’m thinking of adding “4L” to the end of it. There’s a rap artist called Hardrock. If somebody was to search up a relatively up and coming artist called Hardrock who is mainstreamingly popular yet. Actual hard rock metal music would pop up as the search results. But he simply added 4l to differentiate himself. 

if I can do that, whilst keeping a mysterious persona. It might work. 

@Chosen144 If you put a 4L in your name people will think that you're affiliated with that guy, or that "4L" is some sort of crew similar to the A$AP Mob. It might be confusing for the fans and you might make the guy upset, so it's not the best bet. Plus it's still in too close of a proximity to the name"Unreal Engine 4", so the algorithms will mess you up real good. 

You can't build a building if there is already a building on a plot of land. Make sure that a plot of land is available. If your name intersects with another brand too much, you might end up being over shadowed. Try to come up with something that uniquely represents you. Pairing up "unreal" with some letters/numbers is a good idea if you want it to stand out. Optimally you'd go for fewer symbols, something that rolls of the tongue easily, something that feels good when saying it out loud.

It could be as simple as switching the letter "u" for a "0". "0nreal" since zero represents nothing and kind of plays into the theme of being "unreal" (or not real). I guess you'd just have to pronounce it like "onreal" instead of "unreal", but if anybody asked you could simply explain that it stood of unreal.

You have to figure out what works for you. Just hit up Google and see how available the name is. I looked up "0nreal" and I didn't find any big content creators or artists. That's the kind of thing you're looking for. That's when you know that a name is up for grabs. Everything else will just put you in a position where you have to wage a "war", of who can attract more attention, with whichever brand you share your name with.

beep boop

On 04/04/2024 at 8:01 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Chosen144 If you put a 4L in your name people will think that you're affiliated with that guy, or that "4L" is some sort of crew similar to the A$AP Mob. It might be confusing for the fans and you might make the guy upset, so it's not the best bet. Plus it's still in too close of a proximity to the name"Unreal Engine 4", so the algorithms will mess you up real good. 

You can't build a building if there is already a building on a plot of land. Make sure that a plot of land is available. If your name intersects with another brand too much, you might end up being over shadowed. Try to come up with something that uniquely represents you. Pairing up "unreal" with some letters/numbers is a good idea if you want it to stand out. Optimally you'd go for fewer symbols, something that rolls of the tongue easily, something that feels good when saying it out loud.

It could be as simple as switching the letter "u" for a "0". "0nreal" since zero represents nothing and kind of plays into the theme of being "unreal" (or not real). I guess you'd just have to pronounce it like "onreal" instead of "unreal", but if anybody asked you could simply explain that it stood of unreal.

You have to figure out what works for you. Just hit up Google and see how available the name is. I looked up "0nreal" and I didn't find any big content creators or artists. That's the kind of thing you're looking for. That's when you know that a name is up for grabs. Everything else will just put you in a position where you have to wage a "war", of who can attract more attention, with whichever brand you share your name with.

How about “unreel”?