Bazooka Jesus

Doing Nothing With Frank Yang

13 posts in this topic

Great talk about Do Nothing meditation... on and off the cushion.

Why so serious?

what do u all think about him claiming to debunk basically everything leo talks about? saying that god realization and consciousness are just mental fabrications

Sadhguru on "Doing Nothng" meditations, its a short, 30sec video... By doing nothing, that means its not sleeping, watching tv, thinking, or any activity on any level, its just sitting there and seeing where Your Mind goes, then realizing what it is really about..

https://youtube.com/shorts/RggF-A54aB0?si=BL4PoCupzA-D2CmJ

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Funny how this video is the main topic of another thread. Both of you shared the video only on hr apart, it must be quite good. Have to watch.

Edit: Just realized they copied this video idea to start their own thread for discussion. They saw your thread first, then created a thread for discussion on the same video. I take back my comment. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

One Love....

I like Frank Yang.

Contrary to popular believe I think Leo and Frank teachings synergize very well.

It may be possible that Frank is in a local maximum of awakening but not in the absolute maximum of awakening, but I don't know. I'm still far from both Frank and Leo,  but I'll get there. Nonetheless, Frank teachings are the most direct and profound for base-line consciousness that I have found. Peaks of God Realization are another whole bussiness that you are not gonna meditate your way into. The same way you cannot enter the salvia head space by meditating, some Awakenings require a shit tone of consciousness that may be only available through psychedelics.

However, I'm pretty confident to say that base line consciousness of Frank Yang is not comparable with Leo's baseline, at all.

The same way, I'm pretty confident to say that peak awakening of Leo is not comparable with Frank Yang's  peak awakening, not even close.

I think there is a lot to learn from both, but we all have our preferences and also our guesses of how things will keep unfolding. I also think that Leo picked Spyral Dynamics development over baseline consciousness development, which seems fair enough.

To sum up:

I would like to have my base line as Frank Yang and my peaks as Leo :D

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

8 hours ago, emil1234 said:

what do u all think about him claiming to debunk basically everything leo talks about? saying that god realization and consciousness are just mental fabrications

I love it. I use these sorts of disagreements to ground myself in the fact, that there isn't just one perfect path that fits everybody the same. You have to carve out your own path. You can't simply rely on what Leo is saying, because how do you know that Frank isn't right? You can't rely on him either, because how do you know that another person isn't right? You have to think for YOURSELF! These disagreements force me to think for myself. It's easy to get stuck into accepting another persons truth. That's when it can come in handy to look at them from a critical perspective, which Frank is providing.

beep boop

The funny thing is that the way to non-doership usually leads over the bridge of concentration exercise... just sitting down and "trying" to do nothing doesn't really work for most people. But concentration is just a means to an end, not the end itself; paradoxically, the true meditative state is the very opposite of focus aka. mental tunnel vision... if anything, it is a focussing on EVERYTHING simultaneously.

I always like to give the analogy of a beach ball that is swimming on the surface of the water; in this analogy, the beach ball is your awareness and the water ego consciousness. In order to get the ball out of the water, it's usually not enough to just relax and wait for it to fly upwards; you might need to push it below the water surface - which is going to require some gentle effort - and hold it there for a while (=> concentration), and then when you let it go... swoooosh, it's going to jump into the air like a rocket.

So in that sense, concentration really only serves as a tool for getting you into a state of effortless de-concentration. Kind of like how Alan Watts said that the best way to transcend the ego is to take its dogged determination to the ultimate extreme until it collapses under its own pressure (which is in essence what the whole pursuit of spirituality is all about)... or in the poetic words of William Blake: The fool who persists in his follies will become wise.

Why so serious?

Frank Yang and Leo actually agree more than they disagree. Most of their disagreement is in the wording or the explanation. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 well frank yang says there is a realization beyond god realization, which cant be achieved through psychedelics, and that this realization debunks god realization and eternal consciousness. thats a pretty rough contrast to leo

EDIT; 

Edited by emil1234

On 2/6/2024 at 10:24 AM, Razard86 said:

Frank Yang and Leo actually agree more than they disagree. Most of their disagreement is in the wording or the explanation. 

I agree. Words can be a real bitch when it comes to truth, because there is basically an infinite amount of ways to disagree with the wording of something.

⬆

You could literally write a 90 page critique of just these two sentences.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

You could literally write a 90 page critique of just these two sentences.

In fact, here is a short critique written by ChatGPT:

The given sentence captures a sentiment often expressed in discussions about language and truth. It reflects a skeptical perspective on the reliability of words as conveyors of truth due to the potential for interpretation and disagreement. While the critique may resonate with the challenges inherent in communication, it is worth examining certain philosophical nuances and potential implications.

Firstly, the statement implies a certain skepticism about the possibility of objective truth, suggesting that the infinite ways to disagree with the wording of something hinder the attainment of a singular, universal truth. This perspective aligns with postmodernist ideas that question the existence of absolute truths and highlight the role of subjectivity in interpretation. However, it is essential to recognize that skepticism about truth does not necessarily invalidate the pursuit of understanding or the existence of objective reality.

Secondly, the use of the term "bitch" to describe words introduces an emotional and subjective element. This choice of language may reflect frustration with the challenges of communication but could also contribute to a potentially dismissive attitude toward language itself. While acknowledging the complexities of communication, it is crucial to appreciate the richness and depth that language brings to human expression, enabling the articulation of complex thoughts and emotions.

Moreover, the emphasis on disagreement as a central issue in the pursuit of truth overlooks the collaborative and dialogical nature of language. Language is not merely a source of contention but also a tool for negotiation, consensus-building, and shared understanding. Disagreements can lead to clarification, refinement of ideas, and the evolution of knowledge.

In conclusion, while the critique in the given sentence raises valid concerns about the challenges of linguistic communication, it is essential to balance skepticism with an appreciation for the constructive potential of language. Recognizing the complexities of interpretation should not discourage the pursuit of truth but rather invite a deeper exploration of the ways in which language can contribute to a more nuanced and shared understanding of reality.

beep boop

On 6/2/2024 at 11:26 AM, emil1234 said:

well frank yang says there is a realization beyond god realization, which cant be achieved through psychedelics, and that this realization debunks god realization and eternal consciousness. thats a pretty rough contrast to leo

He has very much changed his approach after the Perpetual Shift solidified

He recommends awakening by any means because you finally wake up also from the tool. Recommended that monthly tripping and one full breakthrough of 5meo a year is of great synergy with meditation and Awakening

If you study his work you will see that a great maturity of the same realization has taken place in Frank Yang changing his character inside out. He certainly has become more open minded about psychedelics for Awakening

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

13 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

In fact, here is a short critique written by ChatGPT:

I can see ChatGPT one day being used to solve international disputes. Because what you just posted that ChatGPT excerpt is hilariously insightful. It actually has a sense of humor.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.