erik8lrl

A device that induce lucid dreaming and altered states of consciousness

8 posts in this topic

It says that it stabilizes lucid dreams, the next logical step would be a device that enhances and boosts your minds natural capacity to dream, similar to certain psychedelics. This makes me think of a potential device which would allow you to precisely determine which parts of the mind you want to activate/deactivate, and force different kinds of states. Psychedelics sort of affect a whole range of brain areas all at once (like a subscription package), with this device you could fine tune specifically which areas of the brain you'd like to affect, basically giving you the ability to handcraft specific states of consciousness you wouldn't otherwise be able to produce.

Thanks for sharing this, very cool!

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Have you ever heard of the God Helmet? It does the same thing, but uses electro-magnets attached on a helmet systematically placed to target various parts of the brain, then they feed brain patterns back into the brain causing  psychedelic and God realizations. 
https://www.god-helmet.com/wp/god-helmet/index.htm

Also search for “Koren Helmet” which was the initial research prototype of this technology.  

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

On 29.1.2024 at 5:27 PM, erik8lrl said:

53 minutes ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Have you ever heard of the God Helmet? It does the same thing, but uses electro-magnets attached on a helmet systematically placed to target various parts of the brain, then they feed brain patterns back into the brain causing  psychedelic and God realizations. 
https://www.god-helmet.com/wp/god-helmet/index.htm

Also search for “Koren Helmet” which was the initial research prototype of this technology.  

I have read into this whole god helmet stuff and to me, it seems like a lot of baloney (for the most part). Most of the experiments don't replicate under more controlled conditions and there are fatal flaws in the initial study design. Also, there were experiments with "fake god helmets" and even then, some of the participants reported exceptional experiences. 
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/2153599X.2017.1403952
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0276236617749185

I am also really skeptical about new products like OP reported. Seems like just another way to scam gullible people for their money! 

There is a far more accessible and direct way to experiencing god, like 5-MeO ;)

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Oh yeah, it’s also been discussed here

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, undeather said:

I have read into this whole god helmet stuff and to me, it seems like a lot of baloney (for the most part). Most of the experiments don't replicate under more controlled conditions and there are fatal flaws in the initial study design. Also, there were experiments with "fake god helmets" and even then, some of the participants reported exceptional experiences. 

Yeah could be? I’m a little surprised they’re selling these now… I first heard about these helmets a long time ago… Back when it was just the Koren Helmet. There was a story about it in some science magazine I read back during the 90s I think. If this worked really well, people would probably be talking a lot more about it. Its pretty obscure, and just finding current information about it took some work. 

9 hours ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Yeah could be? I’m a little surprised they’re selling these now… I first heard about these helmets a long time ago… Back when it was just the Koren Helmet. There was a story about it in some science magazine I read back during the 90s I think. If this worked really well, people would probably be talking a lot more about it. Its pretty obscure, and just finding current information about it took some work. 

Yeah, I agree! If this actually worked well, it would be everywhere right now!

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke