evolving55555

Why face east while meditating / praying?

8 posts in this topic

Why are we advised to face east while meditating and praying? What is the point? Does it really matter… 

11 minutes ago, evolving55555 said:

Why are we advised to face east while meditating and praying? What is the point? Does it really matter… 

Maybe because Satan resides in the West. Meditation happens within and you are basically located everywhere so it doesn't matter. The mind doesn't have a specific location.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

I'm assuming that you're going by Hindu teachings. In Hinduism, facing east has a significant because that's the place from which the sun rises and the sun is associated with giving life, sustanance, light and inspiration. Fire also has a lot of spiritual significant in Hinduism as its kind of ethereal in nature and doesn't have a solid, liquid, or gas form and it can also symbolize burning away impurities and spiritual purification. As a result, temples always face the eastern direction and I know growing up people wanted to have east facing bedrooms, apartments, or houses because it was a sign of good luck and prosperity. Growing up I was always told to have my bed positioned so that when I woke up and sat up I would face the east lol. I'm sure facing east while meditating has similar themes. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Because whatever you do it has a certain energy signature. For example next to a lake, you will be able to summon hindu deities connected to water.

It doesn't matter, none of that matters, it's all human-generated beliefs coming from the mind's futile attempts to make sense of reality.

Wherever you face, you're facing the Infinite.

"to Allah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of Allah "

-Quran.  Chapter 2-verse 115

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The way in which you relate to nature, environment, subtle energies, seasons, etc can have an affect on your being. 

To what extent I don’t know. There is value in meditating regardless of the direction you have I’d say. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

My partner lives 2 hours east of me. Maybe that’s why :x

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI