Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

What Is Ambition? Assessing Your Level of Ambition

10 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about ambition. Ever since I played the video game Uncharted 4, the scene with Hector Alcazar and Sam Drake always sticks to me where Alcazar says that what separates them from the prison guards is their ambition. 

I define ambition as a strong desire for achieving excellence/success through hard work. Of course, ambition is such an amazing concept in and of itself because ambition is relates to our unique vision and source of life purpose. There is no life purpose without ambition. However, ambition is a tricky because if it is not balanced with satisfaction, then you will end up working yourself to death. Essentially, you will become a workaholic and will become like Christopher Robin. The thing is that Pooh helps Christopher Robin realize in the film the importance of playfulness. It is important to not go to either extreme of Robinworld or Poohworld but to find a balance of playfulness and ambition. That is the key to a fulfilling life.

Here is a test for ambition that I found. If anyone can find a better assessment, that would be great. https://mind.help/assessments/ambition-test/

There are certain personality qualities that go into ambition that are interesting to contemplate.

I am curious to know your all's thoughts on ambition. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

no one will visit your grave a year after your death

so do something that benefits you after your last breath

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

When I die, the world dies with me. ;) 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

12 hours ago, gettoefl said:

Oh really?

In Chinese tradition, people do visit their ancestor's grave every year and it's ongoing process supposed to pass down from generation to generation. But yeah life is gone.

@r0ckyreed to me ambition is wanting to actualise on a desired vision. The grander your vision the greater ambition you’ll need to follow through

On 24/01/2024 at 6:45 PM, gettoefl said:

True. 

Why are we worried about how others think of us then, if we know this?

Why try hard to please those whom if we die or live  mean nothing to them? 

This was my recent contemplation