Scholar

How do you guys prepare for a trip?

7 posts in this topic

I want to try exercise and maybe cold showers to put me in a nice frame of mind. What other kinds of tricks have you found that improves the trip experience?

Glory to Israel

Honestly, just doing it. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, Scholar said:

I want to try exercise and maybe cold showers to put me in a nice frame of mind. What other kinds of tricks have you found that improves the trip experience?

I wrote a letter to my loved ones in case something happens during my trips. It helps me feel more at ease and ready for whatever comes my way.

When I feel anxious before a trip, I watch this video to shift my emotional state from negative to positive:

I've been taking cold showers for a few years now. I don't think it makes a difference during my 5-MeO trips, though.

Edited by shree

It happens days before. I get nervous 

Breakthwork directly before helps against nervous thoughts 

In the begining, this was a great help for me to overcome pre tripping fear 

Do something uncomfortable but good for you

Do a sprint, a cold shower, push ups... 

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

I hop on the roller coaster and strap myself in

Wherever the ride takes me is where Im meant to go

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

@Scholar You can go on YouTube and find some kind of lyricless music. Such as beats or instrumentals. Anything that won't have any language during the song. Because it helps reduce mental processing or adding thoughts that are about the song that are irrelevant which occurs while listening to songs with lyrics or especially if it's a song you know. I like to type in "reading music" cuz of the calming and relaxing effects it has, choose one that you like and make sure you put on a pair of headphones. Start with a 20 minute meditation. Just have a timer countdown to zero, If you're using a phone alarm for that change the ringtone to something that won't completely startle you. You want that 20 minutes to end right around the time that your psychedelics are kicking in. This number will vary pending upon your psychedelic and body. Generally mushrooms is about 30 to 40 minutes after ingestion. LSD is usually close to an hour. Ideally you'll want the psychedelic to begin kicking in towards the end of your meditation and then you ride the meditation into the trip while listening to the music. You can be sitting or lying down. But the headphones on can give you a more immersive effect. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem