Unlimited

What is a good way to gain a lot of insights out of a trip?

5 posts in this topic

Should I go into the trip with the right intention, should I ask myself questions beforehand, should I just try to be as aware as possible during the trip, or is there anything else I should do to get the most out of a trip?

4 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Should I go into the trip with the right intention, should I ask myself questions beforehand, should I just try to be as aware as possible during the trip, or is there anything else I should do to get the most out of a trip?

Intention is probably the most important. If you can turn it into a ritual and feel the significance of what you achieve, that will be what will guide your trip.

I intuit the best way to do it is to have an issue you work on, and you keep working on it until you get somehow stuck. Once you get stuck, and you have the will to resolve it, with that intention, you can trip and your brain handles the rest.

So, it might be good to take some time off the internet, a day or so of just focusing on the issue, and then create a kind of climax using the substance to come to a resolution. Frame of mind is important, and it will be potentiated if you are strongly in a certain mind-frame.

Quickly meditating an hour before your trip on what you want to do and intend is good, but it is far, far more helpful to do like a week of constantly contemplating, maybe obsessing over the particular issue, and then set your mind clearly once you go on the trip. You will gain a feel for what a mind-frame is, different types of intensities of mind-frames and so forth, as you gain experience.

Glory to Israel

What is a good way to gain a lot of insights out of a trip?

Also consider that just one or two potent insights is worth it.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I like to allow the substance to take me on it's own ride. Let go and see where it leads you. That's more my style. 

But if you really want to contemplate a specific topic, then go into it with that intention. 

Shrooms always finds a way to make me cry, whether it be from laughing or having an emotional meltdown.

Embrace it all. 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

16 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Setting an intention is really useful and powerful. Having fun, just letting the trip take you where it wants to, remaining as open and conscious as possible in a state of no-though, etc. are also all valid intentions.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music