Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magnanimous

How fast can I develop my socialization skills?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I've been socially awkward for the last six years because I've been so into personal development and thus had nobody to talk too. But I'm naturally exceptionally extroverted, and from what I have observed (when I enter the mood) I have exceptional charismatic talent (resulted in me getting crowdsurfed four times at my school formal party). I also have all this socialization experience from the past so maybe if I practiced it would reactivate dead nuerons or something.

My question is that because my life purpose will probably end up being social, how quickly could I get exceptional at it? I know I'm talented and about the 10k hour rule, but I'm in doubt because every normal person probably has socialized with others for that long, probably more since socialization is just a human thing to do.

I don't understand what you've been doing for 6 years, but if you're already a charismatic extrovert, probably fairly quickly.

10k rule is if you start from complete zero at something (no natural aptitude) and then practice regularly.  If you already have talent, it could be 1000 hrs. or less, who knows.

Edited by SeaMonster

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Get this book

Improve your social skills by Daniel Wendler

Edited by hyruga

Don't focus on how long it takes. If it's alinged with your top values just start doing it.

If you get into it hardcore, you can develop a lot of social skills in 2-3 years.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Look into your MBTI type. That type will say how fast u can develope socialization. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't focus on how long it takes. If it's alinged with your top values just start doing it.

If you get into it hardcore, you can develop a lot of social skills in 2-3 years.

How much time would you consider hardcore?

19 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

I don't understand what you've been doing for 6 years, but if you're already a charismatic extrovert, probably fairly quickly.

Personally I just found that when I get in the right mood (very rare because I need the right circumstances since im not skilled enough to induce a peak socializing mood) I just get sublime results with people

I reckon its some genetic freak shit bcoz there's no way it's normal

5 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

How much time would you consider hardcore?

Going out 3-4 times a week, every week.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

Personally I just found that when I get in the right mood (very rare because I need the right circumstances since im not skilled enough to induce a peak socializing mood) I just get sublime results with people

I reckon its some genetic freak shit bcoz there's no way it's normal

I would focus on figuring out a technique to get yourself into the right mood.  Think back to these times and reverse-engineer how you got there.  There was probably a sequence of some kind.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Going out 3-4 times a week, every week.

I could definitely do that, in a way. I ride the bus to and fro from school, giving me a total of nine hours socialization time for five days a week. Plus I have the weekends; who knows how long i could talk during them :) 

How many hours would you suggest?

Edited by Magnanimous

7 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

I would focus on figuring out a technique to get yourself into the right mood.  Think back to these times and reverse-engineer how you got there.  There was probably a sequence of some kind.

Yea right mood is the key to all my charisma at the moment thx for the help

@Leo Gura Do you think that's doable when you have full time job, also trying to build a business on a side, plus have spiritual practices that you spend good chunk of your day on and some other things?

Going out 3-4 times a week needs a certain lifestyle already, don't you think?