Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiral Wizard

‘unbiased’ News platform

6 posts in this topic

Just stumbled upon this news platform which lets you compare news and see how different outlets cover a story differently or not cover it at all. It shows if it’s more promoted on the right, left, etc. and around the world. 

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried it or did research on it but sounds promising! 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

If you want Groundless News 5-MeO is one of your best sources 

I’ll make an app for that with @Leo Gura… hopefully won’t turn into a Tragic Titanic app (unless it brings me a boatload of cash!)

“Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.” -Leonardo da Vinci.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa

On 2024-01-15 at 8:25 PM, Yimpa said:

If you want Groundless News 5-MeO is one of your best sources 

I’ll make an app for that with @Leo Gura… hopefully won’t turn into a Tragic Titanic app (unless it brings me a boatload of cash!)

You were almost funny there, if you had said 'Tragic Tantra yantra app' instead of 'tragic titanic app', like come on, titanic is old news nobody in gen Z gonna get the reference. So you get a 😆 instead of a 🤣

@Spiral Wizard

On 2024-01-15 at 8:04 PM, Spiral Wizard said:

Just stumbled upon this news platform which lets you compare news and see how different outlets cover a story differently or not cover it at all. It shows if it’s more promoted on the right, left, etc. and around the world. 

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried it or did research on it but sounds promising! 

It sure does sound promising, but a few limitations I intuitively speculate here:

1. Too much browsing news to news, worrying if you're in the 'right wing' aisle, or the 'middle' aisle, or 'left' aisle, thereby consuming too much time, energy and attention from viewers, which would be better spent, for examples, in training, or meditation, or contemplation, or ironically enough just reading some articles and consuming a typical news reporting et cetera...

2. Indoctrinates, may also groom/gaslight, reductionism/rationalism when it's too early to do so! It may make you  feel so 'stage yellow thinker' but when life smacks you a bit, you drop to stage orange/blue mad.

3. Viewers/consumers trusting the labels...because blind assumption that each news piece is independently verified, each fact and evidence is vetted to support each article's claims...meaning if I take over this app, and manipulated the labels around a bit, then I get to sneak my biases but under the framing it being 'unbiased'. Sneaky. this is the opposite problem of point 1.

4. No section for viewers to argue and debate back and forth, make them discuss about each piece of news. 

In summery, stay frosty and vigilant, always be open minded, willing to learn, entertain strange thoughts and discard them, and contemplate. Never be dogmatic, and always assume you're wrong so that you go source another source, not stick to one source too long.

It is a very good initiative