Mesopotamian

This World Needs Healing .. Or Not..

11 posts in this topic

When you think of isolated tribes, the Amazonian tribes come to your mind, semi-naked men with bows and arrows, and half naked women carrying children.

However, in this modern world, there are nations that are just like this, nations who need for message to get through, and as a somebody who lives in the middle east, I feel that middle eastern are some of the nations that need enlightenment. 

I feel I am no longer interested in asking what's in it for me and how can I get rich and make money, but rather I feel that it's my duty to try to enlighten people, make them stop their wars and dogmas, however, as an Iraq, I have no protection at all, and I can be imprisoned if I ever caught trying to preach for something that goes against the general narrative.

I feel that stopping the wars and unrest waves isn't impossible, however I can do very little while I am in Iraq.

In the past I used to create posts that are directed towards the older population, and I used to pay for ads for that, however these days, facebook asks for identity verification for posts that tackle social matters, and moreover, it display to the audience the personal profile that's sponsoring the posts. 

However, at the end of the day, I also feel that even if you try to stop people from fighting and make them see another perspective, they will try to be inclined to do other type of low-consciousness activities. It wouldn't matter a lot unless they have a deep desire to grow. 

So maybe, leave them have bloody fights?

9 hours ago, Nabd said:

Why assume people want to be "enlightened"? Most of these people feel better than you on a daily basis while you are mentally being tortured finding ways to "help" them.

for the first time in history, we have a tool like facebook, that can reach audience and change the perception of people and nations. And it's used on a daily basis by many entities for that purposes. 

Middle Eastern nations are some of the most uninformed nations in the world, with a potential to be enlightened. you just need to reach them and inform them about their blind spots, and there's a chance that they see how foolish they are sometimes, but instead of that, the world seems interested in their oil, take their oil and selling them goods. 

20 hours ago, Nabd said:

Highly doubt it. Middle easterners are on average more educated than westerners I claim.

You won't be able to change anything precisely because of Facebook and Social media.

Its not about people. You are colonized and you can't do anything about it. Best thing is to migrate to a country which colonize.

I don't know why you're trying to judge the whole experiment though..

you have millions of people on FB for hours every day, and sure you can reach specific audience and feed them some counter-arguments.

Although they're "educated" as they put it, but does that mean they don't have any blind spots? maybe sharing new perspectives with them?

@Mesopotamian Objectively You are correct, this world needs healing, it needs Transformation. We produce enough food for more than 8 billion ppl, but lots of ppl are still starving today. Lots of Homeless ppl around, but there is more than enough resources to get them places to live, many wars going on about who own what land and what resources, but there's plenty of that too, but we still have tons of conflict, no different from cave man days imo and observation. But we live in Subjectivity too, Your world is Yours, everything happens within You, when You go into Deep Sleep, the world does not exist for You, it comes alive when You Wake Up. So all You can do is be the best You, Live to Your highest potential and possibility, Enlightenment is that, so get there anyway you can, then see what You can do for the rest of Us.. Never Suffer anothers suffering, that just adds to the suffering, being Happy in a depressed world is essential, be that..Whatever this world is lacking in, be that and supply more of that, the only way to do that is too not be a part of the problem, being Depressed, Sad, Anxious, Angry, Bitter is part of the problem, be the solution, be Blissed Out, Intensely Alive, Creative, Compassionate, Loving, Devotional, Inspiring, those are the solutions we need..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

2 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Angry, Bitter is part of the problem, be the solution, be Blissed Out, Intensely Alive, Creative, Compassionate, Loving, Devotional, Inspiring, those are the solutions we need..

All golden analysis and advice! thank you

@Nabd I feel you do have some blind spots yourself too

On 1/14/2024 at 7:43 PM, Nabd said:

You can't do anything because development requires a stable state and institutions, which US, Russia, Iran and Turkey wont allow happening because it ends colonization

Yeah, I am interested in stabilizing the countries a bit.. we just want some stability now!

Look at US during riots. You see people looting stores and damaging property. This never happened during revolutions in middle east and its just one indicator of how developed people are compared to US for example.

That's not true at all..

Some revolutionists they have been murdered, but then look at the Capital riot, police didn't try to use all their forces and murder the attackers.. also when law enforcement disappers, it's natural that stores get looted! when saddam hussein fell, iraqi people started looting everything.. I have to say, I participated in that in a small way too!

Try to have a look:

Things ought to be this way and any change to it means direct confrontation with regional powers. People get assassinated for such ideas because its serious business.

I feel this is not entirely true, otherwise they would shut the American State Department entierly!

@Mesopotamian

If you commit to this. Understand. Everyone, every day of their lives is developing. No matter what they are doing. You can accelerate this to some degree, but most of the initial effort should be spent on yourself, so just by interacting with other people, their development can be naturally enhanced by virtue of your perception, connection to infinity, and increased understanding.

Understand things like, the information you share won't be taken in a 1 to 1 way. It will gradually filter through them and be represented differently than what you expect. Possibly no element of it may be used at all right then and there, and it could be months or years before it is subconsciously or consciously activated in some way. Even heavy resistance doesn't mean nothing you said made a difference.

Education and intelligence are not wisdom, though they can be a requirement for receiving or developing it.

Practically how would I encourage enlightenment safely.

You know your culture, what is and isn't tolerated socially or lawfully. 

Firstly I would work within that framework so whatever I built could last, support and be supported by the people, local authorities, and culture. A spiritual teacher once said, 'Start something that lasts beyond your lifetime'. I read this as: Doing this means you are not limited by what you can achieve in this lifetime, it frees you up. Aim for a project that will have strong roots in the local community and last for generations.

When you've got an idea of what that is. Then teach people, daily, through that. I would identify the biggest elements of resistance to enlightenment within the location population, then assess what I could and couldn't do within the law and culture I was presented with, and build that into what I was doing. Be selfless, work with what's there now and what is allowed. Over generations what is allowed changes based on the population living there.

Example

If I was in Iraq and wanted to assist my country on the worst issue its facing, i'd concentrate on the water supply. Its the key to saving your country. Find some way to gather water where you are on whatever scale you can, and start to try to alter a small local area to be more green, better able to produce food (or cattle), or contain moisture somehow. Solve that and people will probably love you. Importing water is possible but costly, getting other people to take more from the ocean, and send it your way for example, encouraging some limited access to the ocean via treaty or trade.

Technology like this:

While you are doing that, and giving the country what it needs the most, you can be teaching people. It doesn't have to be this, its an example, pick anything that's helping. Maybe feed the local community, take care of the sick, offer therapy, and be selfless in some form. Or not, start an enlightened business, and through the company policy teach people a better way of life and living.

Its true there are a lot of colonial influences on your country, and a lot of poverty. Does it make it more difficult? Yes it can do depending on your goal. You have to contend with that unconscious (or conscious) factor inside a lot of people's outlook, like is being expressed in this thread. Don't think you are alone in that, most of us the world over have different things limiting our enlightenment, societal development or personal growth that we contend with. But without the basics (like water) that's always going to be something people are needing and an obvious way to bring together the community to solve it - Food/Water/Shelter - Then up the spiral dynamics stages like Security - Business - Community - Systemically integrating all of it etc.

Just doing what the others do is always easier, making a difference takes work.

Edited by BlueOak

When I finished writing this I just spilt 2 liters of water on my carpet. So I took that as a sign to say, possibly look into water wastage or recyling water as well lol :D 

@Mesopotamian It's a win win situation, not only do you not need to sacrifice your life for change, but the way to enact actual change is to actually live your greatest life, the more you live the life you truly love the more loving you'll be, which is the only thing from you that will truly change anyone.

On 12/01/2024 at 5:07 AM, Mesopotamian said:

When you think of isolated tribes, the Amazonian tribes come to your mind, semi-naked men with bows and arrows, and half naked women carrying children.

However, in this modern world, there are nations that are just like this, nations who need for message to get through, and as a somebody who lives in the middle east, I feel that middle eastern are some of the nations that need enlightenment. 

I feel I am no longer interested in asking what's in it for me and how can I get rich and make money, but rather I feel that it's my duty to try to enlighten people, make them stop their wars and dogmas, however, as an Iraq, I have no protection at all, and I can be imprisoned if I ever caught trying to preach for something that goes against the general narrative.

I feel that stopping the wars and unrest waves isn't impossible, however I can do very little while I am in Iraq.

In the past I used to create posts that are directed towards the older population, and I used to pay for ads for that, however these days, facebook asks for identity verification for posts that tackle social matters, and moreover, it display to the audience the personal profile that's sponsoring the posts. 

However, at the end of the day, I also feel that even if you try to stop people from fighting and make them see another perspective, they will try to be inclined to do other type of low-consciousness activities. It wouldn't matter a lot unless they have a deep desire to grow. 

So maybe, leave them have bloody fights?

Maybe joint the New Earth Movement. But I am feeling that this new Earth retoric is just another Hype to sell content and courses. Just like the Gibberosih of Law of Atraction and so fort

Judge by yourself and maybe we should open a post on this topic because many of my friends keep repeating this stuff and for me is maybe a way to just cope with the fact that we are fucked

@Rafael Thundercat I listened to 4 minutes and I don't like it, it's mixing up spirituality with rationality. I don't particularly like this blend, but however than you for sharing!