sleep

Ways (besides psychedelics) to reach god realization

29 posts in this topic

The gist Ive gotten from leos videos about realizing youre god is that besides psychedelics there are no adequate means. However I am hestitant to use them (Ive used lsd, shrooms and DMT in the past, but to reach enlightenment Id need to keep using them for a while I think) because of having a family history of schizophrenia and my usage of antidepressants. 

Im interested in hearing if any people here have realized god through means other than psychedelics. So far Ive tried do nothing style meditation, mindfulness meditation, self enquiry and kriya yoga shortly, but I dont see myself reaching those levels of enlightenment with those techniques. The other thing I can think of to reach it is suicide but I will not be attempting that any time soon. Thanks for any help. 

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, sleep said:

The gist Ive gotten from leos videos about realizing youre god is that besides psychedelics there are no adequate means. However I am hestitant to use them (Ive used lsd, shrooms and DMT in the past, but to reach enlightenment Id need to keep using them for a while I think) because of having a family history of schizophrenia and my usage of antidepressants. 

Im interested in hearing if any people here have realized god through means other than psychedelics. So far Ive tried do nothing style meditation, mindfulness meditation, self enquiry and kriya yoga shortly, but I dont see myself reaching those levels of enlightenment with those techniques. The other thing I can think of to reach it is suicide but I will not be attempting that any time soon. Thanks for any help. 

Self inquiry is all you need.  He says meditation practices are impossible to reach the highest states of God Realization but he is wrong.  Listen to the self inquiry videos starting with his very first.  Combine the metaphysics found on this channel with the spiritual practices taught here and you will awaken.  You don't need DMT.  It's nice, but not needed.  I can absolutely promise you that that is true.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

@Inliytened1 Thanks for the reply. Is there any particular way you recommend doing self enquiry? I have already watched the video on it, im just interested in learning how other people do it. 

Edited by sleep

Posted (edited)

Leo has a video on it that explains it. You don't need psychs to see god I don't think hes saying that. I think hes saying you need psychs to reach the highest levels of God. Like a tv set you can tune your mind down to channel 0 or seperate aspects of it to see God but taking psychs is like turning your TV set to channel 3858584838 while you are used to being around channel 6 and 7. Every channel higher goes higher in frequency , And it happens so quickly its unbeleivably shocking. Seeing God is not a psychedelic thing its kinda an intelligence thing. Its like a eureka moment where everything clicks. Its like a discovery people can see God and not get it and people can see God and not understand what is happening and it means nothing. The discovery is always being discovered but for some reason people just understand what they are seeing and its not known how it happens. Its like your neurons form a secret code formation and explode.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

@Hojo I said that because I recall him saying in some recent video that maybe if you spent your whole life meditating and you were spirituallity gifted youd reach the higher levels of enlightenment with classic techniques, but otherwise probably not. I think he changes his opinion on a lot of things so a lot of the things hes said in his previous videos he doesnt agree with anymore. But thanks for the video, Ill watch it. 

Edited by sleep

28 minutes ago, sleep said:

@Inliytened1 Thanks for the reply. Is there any particular way you recommend doing it, or an someone who speaks well about it you know? 

I'll see if I can find fhe episode and post it here.  Basically with self inquiry you have to figure out what you think you are and then deconstruct that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I missed the bit where you talked about leos video in my original reply but Ive edited it. I already watched the video, I just wanted to know the way you do it. I found his instructions to be a bit vague, so Im not sure if im doing it right. 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, sleep said:

@Inliytened1 I missed the bit where you talked about leos video in my original reply but Ive edited it. I already watched the video, I just wanted to know the way you do it. I found his instructions to be a bit vague, so Im not sure if im doing it right. 

It's a process of elimination until nothing is left and you have an epiphany, or an awakening. 

For example -

What are you?  Are you the body?

Cut off your arm.  Are you still you?

And keep doing that.

Are you the brain?  Cut off part of your brain. 

Are you the soul?  Where is the soul?  Can you pinpoint the soul or is it a concept?

That's the general idea.   It's extremely powerful.  Be careful what you may uncover.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

@sleep  the problem with meditating for 40 years is these people are already God realized and they start on level 15. No one is going to meditate for 40 years like those people if they are born into a society like this unless they are here to do that. We are mentally designed to fear what these people do.

You also might meditate for 40 years and not get anywhere.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@sleep  the problem with meditating for 40 years is these people are already God realized and they start on level 15. No one is going to meditate for 40 years like those people if they are born into a society like this unless they are here to do that and if you arent then i would say dont start. We are mentally designed to fear what these people do.

You also might meditate for 40 years and not get anywhere.

Do not discourage him.  He may meditate for two weeks and have deeper awakenings than could be dreamed of.  You just don't know.

It's a legit spiritual tool.  To downplay it is foolsplay.  It's the real deal- as real as is Consciousness is fundamental. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 yea I didn't mean it that way so i deleted. Just gotta re read what I'm saying before i post.

@Inliytened1 I find that when I do that kind of language oriented self inquiry, I just end up going into philosophical tangents. For example, I think things like "Whatever answer I can find to the question who am I depends on the definition I choose of "I", and why should I choose this definition rather than other? There is no real "I", its only a word game." From what Ive gathered from leos video and what Ive read of ramana mahasi, the question of who I am is meant to quieten the mind and" sink it back into its source" rather than just produce more thoughts. I have the impression that I am doing self inquiry wrong, as when I do it I just end up with more thoughts when I think it should be the opposite. 

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, ActualizedJohn said:

Smoke a shit ton of weed and watch this vid 

Lol.  Straight up truth. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@ActualizedJohn ive already watched that video on acid a couple of times. Seems like my brain is enlightenment-resistant. 

I watched Leo's video again, and I think his method of self inquiry is more like a self abidance, abidance as awareness. Pretty much like the "awareness watching awareness" meditation, wherein you put your attention on awareness, or you "watch the watcher". His points about the division between the external and the internal or the material and the spiritual blurring really left an impression on me, as its similar to what Ive been feeling lately. 

@Shrooms_Alvarez I kind of agree with you, but I have an uncle with schizophrenia and I dont wanna risk it honestly. 

@sleep Yes, of course. If you struggle with any kind of mental disorder or have a family history of mental illness be wary. Mental Health is much more important!

meditation, yoga, self inquiry, etc.. It will take you x100 more time though

15 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Self inquiry is all you need.  He says meditation practices are impossible to reach the highest states of God Realization but he is wrong.  Listen to the self inquiry videos starting with his very first.  Combine the metaphysics found on this channel with the spiritual practices taught here and you will awaken.  You don't need DMT.  It's nice, but not needed.  I can absolutely promise you that that is true.

You DEFINITELY DO NOT NEED PSYCHEDELICS TO AWAKEN! 
They are simply a tool, why the fuck would the universe of God straw man you like that? 
That’s stupid as fuck 

I believe that there’s a point where they actually do more harm than good on your path. They are good for the start and maybe in the middle a bit. 

Go find a solid school where you can practice with enlightened people who don’t touch psychedelics

if you can’t get there naturally and maintain it, what’s the point?