cjoseph90

Larq water bottle

17 posts in this topic

Anyone own one? Does it actually do what it claims? Or just expensive hyped up?

What do you currently use?

I have never owned one, but from what I can see, I like that it's made of stainless steel, but everything else is hype in my estimation.

For cleaning and maintaining an odorless container, fantastic, just don't rely on it to purify the contents of the container (for that, opt for either RO or distilled water).

Im just using plástico Walter bottles, sometimes a glass 1. RO isnt an option for me where i live.

21 minutes ago, cjoseph90 said:

Im just using plástico Walter bottles, sometimes a glass 1. RO isnt an option for me where i live.

Gotcha. I would consider investing in a countertop water distiller (one that vapor distills in stainless steel and collects into glass).

Does the bottle say which recycle # it is? #2 is the safest (HDPE) and secondarily, #5, anything else I would refrain from using.

But honestly, investing in a stainless steel water bottle is the true solution here, I don't think you need to spend close to $100 USD for the Larq; you should be able to find something in the $20-$25 USD range.

Posted (edited)

Simple stainless steel works great.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Late night shower thought : If you're LGBTQ you could use a thin plastic bottle and leave it exposed to sun rays to supplement microplastics 🤔

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

Glass is heavy and fragile. I have dropped my steel bottles many times with just a few dents.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Jason Actualization @Leo Gura

So I use these ones with a silicone protective layer.

Pretty durable, I’ve dropped a few times and hasn’t broken. But this one is only 1L. If I were to get a bigger one, probably would break easier.

The good thing with the glass breaking in this bottle is that the silicone layer would probably keep all or most of the glass within its ”bag”, so it would be easy to clean.

It would just come down to how much water was in the bottle, at what spot does the bottle crack, and how big of a crack.

IMG_4798.jpeg

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

Posted (edited)

The benefit of glass compared to stainless steel is you do a quick visual scan to see how much water is in the bottle. It’s a personal preference.

I personally use stainless steel and like to feel how heavy it is to see if it needs to be refilled.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

17 hours ago, mmKay said:

Late night shower thought : If you're LGBTQ you could use a thin plastic bottle and leave it exposed to sun rays to supplement microplastics 🤔

My response to this post would be your username.... mm Kay... :P

Honestly not really caught up in using special drinking bottles. I see water. I see a cup. Fill cup up and drink water. A pur faucet mount filter is typically what I use just for the taste.

2 hours ago, Jason Actualization said:

@Miguel1

Nothing wrong with that my friend. My preference is this 40 oz tapered (fits in standard cup holsters) stainless steel bottle.

20240104_123932.jpg

How many hundreds of times per day do you spill that entire cup of water? Your house must be soaked AF

Thing looks crazy unstable 😂

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

The benefit of glass compared to stainless steel is you do a quick visual scan to see how much water is in the bottle. It’s a personal preference.

I personally use stainless steel and like to feel how heavy it is to see if it needs to be refilled.

Or invent transparent stainless steel

4 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Or invent transparent stainless steel

That’s a very Apple thing to do

IMG_4408-min.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

14 hours ago, mmKay said:

How many hundreds of times per day do you spill that entire cup of water? Your house must be soaked AF

Thing looks crazy unstable 😂

Lol, it's a water-tight seal, it does not spill/leak and has never fallen over.