Past-Philosopher-562

What are the traits of a conscious leader ?

15 posts in this topic

Hello there guys ,

What do you think of the traits that come to mind as you went through this journey of self actualizing .

Having the courage to face your fears. Even after doing so it traumatizes you… the ability to wipe the dust off your shoulder and face it again with increased wisdom and understanding.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Forgiveness, understanding, low expectations, more role model than Authoritarian, intelligent, patient, thoughtful, compassionate, protective, honorable.

A strong sense of autonomy. Being radically open to transcending old ideas of yourself. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Always have an open mind and remember to call out your own bullshit from time to time

12 hours ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

What do you think of the traits that come to mind as you went through this journey of self actualizing .

Spiral wizardry.

Telling the truth.

Being patient with yourself. 

Awareness of one's devilry and self-deception.

Willingness to lose old friends [as you change] and go periods of loneliness before gaining new friends.

Seeing all sides to a problem, but choosing a solution that's the best-fit for the long-term health of the thing.

Humbleness and paying mentors to hold your ass to the fire as you're facing deep fears.

Pioneering something new even if it's not popular.

Being yourself even if it's not popular.

Having a strong sense of reality.

Systems thinking.

- - - 

A couple leaders I look up to are Owen Cook and Bernie Sanders. I've met both of them each a few times. You can feel what they're about.

I don't agree with everything they say, but they sure as hell lead.

For each of these examples if you look up old footage of them (1970s Bernie, 2000s Owen), you see them passionately talking about unpopular causes they truly believed in, way before they were on anyone's radar.

Great leaders are grown, not born. 

Your title seems a bit mismatched to what you wrote under it, but according to research on the Big 5 personality traits, conscious leaders have: high extroversion, high openness, high conscientiousness, low neuroticism, high agreeableness.

MSU_0921_Infographic_BigFiveModel-header_Green-02.png

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

A conscious leader operates from integrity, is committed to something greater than herself, and is at the source of creating her vision--is cause in the matter, responsible. He is also authentic. Commensurate with integrity, he keeps his word and agreements. He is loyal to the stand he's taken on. This is mostly theoretical. The trick is being a leader, as opposed to superficially adopting characteristic traits. Then your acting aligns with your way of being as a natural result of your way of being.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao very clever way to remain gender-neutral 

If you ask Chat GPT you will get a solid answer and you can continue to ask more questions from that initial prompt to learn more. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

If you ask Chat GPT you will get a solid answer and you can continue to ask more questions from that initial prompt to learn more. 

You can also set custom instructions for ChatGPT. Under “How would you like ChatGPT to respond?”, I told ChatGPT to ask me follow-up questions. Great for contemplation if you use the tool properly.

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

You can also set custom instructions for ChatGPT. Under “How would you like ChatGPT to respond?”, I told ChatGPT to ask me follow-up questions. Great for contemplation if you use the tool properly.

I did just a bit NOW AND followed your advice , it was lovely to be honest . Just brilliant . thank you

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah brilliant . I did it . it was  good advice .

54 minutes ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

Yeah brilliant . I did it . it was  good advice .

And feel free to not answer the question it asks you. You can ask it to ask a different question. Or respond with something completely different!