Asia P

I am losing all my interests and passions and i am scared

69 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Everyone treating this like something is going wrong and needs correcting.

It just depends on what you want. If you want to dream, dream. If you want to wake up, wake up.

People who get into spirituality don't generally aim to be miserable.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

People who get into spirituality don't generally aim to be miserable.

That's the whole problem. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

They don't generally aim to wake up either 🤷‍♂️ What's your point.

Like I said, if you want to dream, dream. Nothing wrong with it. But it all starts with understanding your intent and direction.

How old are you?  That's part of the problem.- that they dont aim to wake up..that they aren't really seeling Truth.  See?

Perhaps waking up isn't made for those who haven't reached the age of 20

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Squeekytoy said:

They don't generally aim to wake up either 🤷‍♂️

True.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

True.

See my post above.  That's still the whole problem.   They didn't start out seeking Truth.   It was an egoic phase.

And now - whoops - they fucking woke up.  Now who picks up the pieces of waking up before they were ready?  What do you do now Connor Murphy?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

42 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

See my post above.

I don't have to :)

14 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I don't have to :)

And no response from squeeky.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Do not confuse actual spirituality with tripping balls some day and now thinking you have made some progress.

Or meditating. I dont care. You are just putting an Spiritual ego, you are not doing spirituality. 

I want this i like this and i am so different than _

Look at your OP. Is full of ego and identity as any other topic of someone Who hasnt "awakened" like you.

Spirituality IS dropping boundaries, limits, dissolving, and specially stopping identifying.

I Hope you are wise to see you are telling yourself an story of being "enligthtened" or "Spiritual".

IS very different to actually being Awake. Have some common sense please 🙏🫠ok 💋

Edited by Javfly33

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Asia P You must be careful not to turn spirituality into a bypass or form of escape from managing your survival and life.

If you struggle to get dressed, what good is your spirituality?

Spirituality is good, but at your age you need to put a lot of time and energy into just mastering survival. Build a decent life for yourself. Don't just sit around hoping that your life will get great all by itself. It won't. You have to put work into it.

Be careful about neglecting core areas of your life like family, relationships, career, building skills, sex, friendship, finances, diet, fitness, health, etc. You have to invest energy into all these in addition to whatever spiritual work you do.

It's very hard to be happy if you neglect all those areas and only do spirituality. You can get yourself trapped that way.

Agree , but dont get trapped in thinking you need to be this so you love yourself . Or not feeling good enough especially if the cause are things that arent in your control like so many leo mentioned here . I truly belive when you develop self love self worth within you become a magnet when you dont need outside stuff to happen for you to feel good . Also if you are alone or anything stopped doing somethig , really ask yourself is it cause you are scared and cant go outside or play a sport or whatever your hobbie is or its decision of freedom (you can be both) . Remember you also must survive too @Asia P

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

See my post above.  That's still the whole problem.   They didn't start out seeking Truth.   It was an egoic phase.

And now - whoops - they fucking woke up.  Now who picks up the pieces of waking up before they were ready?  What do you do now Connor Murphy?

People are what you call waking up with every single interaction they have anywhere. 

You are defining an absolute view of truth, which is instead ever-changing because everything is eternally in motion. 

Sometimes an event comes along and knocks you over, and whether it was from a guru, a fire, your boss, or an ex wife, it's going to cause you some drastic development.

@cetus No . You will never be ready with that logic and you will just procrastinate . Do it you have time and at the end of the day this isnt like drawing or some hobbie this is really learning how life works and about yourself . If you can conquer yourself , you can conquer the world - Dostoyevsky .

2 hours ago, BlueOak said:

People are what you call waking up with every single interaction they have anywhere. 

You are defining an absolute view of truth, which is instead ever-changing because everything is eternally in motion. 

Sometimes an event comes along and knocks you over, and whether it was from a guru, a fire, your boss, or an ex wife, it's going to cause you some drastic development.

This doesn't address the point at all.  The point was someone actively seeking spirituality.  What could their motives be at 17?  Their mind is so underdeveloped that the ego is just lost in the euphoria that spirituality shows you God.  It is purely egoic.    As in oh cool u could maybe either be into this or maybe I'll be into swimming. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

This doesn't address the point at all.  The point was someone actively seeking spirituality.  What could their motives be at 17?  Their mind is so underdeveloped that the ego is just lost in the euphoria that spirituality shows you God.  It is purely egoic.    As in oh cool u could maybe either be into this or maybe I'll be into swimming. 

What is different about a 17 year old pursuing spirituality to a 17 year old pursuing music, or sports, or science?

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

5 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

What is different about a 17 year old pursuing spirituality to a 17 year old pursuing music, or sports, or science?

The difference is in within.   It can't be something egoic.  It has to be a deep thirst - a deep.thirst - one you can only obtain over decades -for Truth.   The Buddha wasn't into it for a hobby.  In my case it was literally stumbled upon- which can happen to the 17 year old.   But if he hasn't matured enough it will obliterate him.  As it did here.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The difference is in within.   It can't be something egoic.  It has to be a deep thirst - a deep.thirst - one you can only obtain over decades -for Truth.   The Buddha wasn't into it for a hobby.  In my case it was literally stumbled upon- which can happen to the 17 year old.   But if he hasn't matured enough it will obliterate him.  As it did here.

Mozart also wasn’t into music for a hobby. And there have been countless 17 year old wannabe Mozarts that fucked up their life by pursuing music without having the necessary skills/talent to back such a life up.

My main question was whether you see pursuing spirituality as something qualitatively different from pursuing music for example.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Inliytened1 This is not true . I am also 18 and even if you doubt it i found spirituality through pursuing and trying to achive greatness in basketball . In which i struggled cause of my emotions and it was requierment for me to love myself so i learned to detatch my self worth from outside things and realise all i was after were emotions not that thing in perticular . Cause you cant be succesful if you cant experience its opposite (not loving that self image) only when i was okay without it i got it so even succes isnt in your control and is heavily determined by your inner world  . Also did everything i was scared of and got everything i wanted to see that is never going to be enough . So here i am seeking something within to find my compass SO THEN i can excell in other areas of life . What you are saying is really stubborn and speculation . Age doesnt detirmen knowledge or capability for spirituality , i even think every kid that is born is more spiritual than us cause they dont judge and are pure conssciousnes . So idk what you are talking about let the kid do it . BUT you are right i got all this through expirence and competing every day not sitting inside doing emotional masturbation . 

12 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Mozart also wasn’t into music for a hobby. And there have been countless 17 year old wannabe Mozarts that fucked up their life by pursuing music without having the necessary skills/talent to back such a life up.

My main question was whether you see pursuing spirituality as something qualitatively different from pursuing music for example.

There isn't anything to gain from spirituality other than knowing the Truth to all of reality.   If that's not a difference- then I don't know what is.   But knowing fhe Truth of reality is far different than being a great writer - or writing the music to a great symphony.   Because it transcends the barrier between the content within reality and the structure of reality itself.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

There isn't anything to gain from spirituality other than knowing the Truth to all of reality.   If that's not a difference- then I don't know what is.   But knowing fhe Truth of reality is far different than being a great writer - or writing the music to a great symphony.   Because it transcends the barrier between the content within reality and the structure of reality itself.  

What would you call whatever Osho or Sadhguru do then? There is clearly a lot to gain from whatever it is they are doing.

7 minutes ago, matoriii said:

@Inliytened1 This is not true . I am also 18 and even if you doubt it i found spirituality through pursuing and trying to achive greatness in basketball . In which i struggled cause of my emotions and it was requierment for me to love myself so i learned to detatch my self worth from outside things and realise all i was after were emotions not that thing in perticular . Cause you cant be succesful if you cant experience its opposite (not loving that self image) only when i was okay without it i got it so even succes isnt in your control and is heavily determined by your inner world  . Also did everything i was scared of and got everything i wanted to see that is never going to be enough . So here i a. Thm seeking something within to find my compass SO THEN i can excell in other areas of life . What you are saying is really stubborn and speculation . Age doesnt detirmen knowledge or capability for spirituality , i even think every kid that is born is more spiritual than us cause they dont judge and are pure conssciousnes . So idk what you are talking about let the kid do it . BUT you are right i got all this through expirence and competing every day not sitting inside doing emotional masturbation . 

I said there wee old souls.  You may be much more advanced then the average 17 year old. But also - I don't think you know the full ramifications of spirituality yet.   What you are describing is wisdom - it is not spirituality.   Not true spirituality.   I'm glad you found wisdom and realized your self worth isnt tied to your accomplishments.   But notice- this is a far cry from spirituality.   Spirituality is in realizing that not only is your self worth not tied to your desire - there is no self at all.  It is an entire illusion.   So be careful about what you think spirituality is.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.