StarStruck

Tech is advancing so fast

12 posts in this topic

Insane how fast it developed. I can't even imagine the compound effect in couple of years combined with AI. In couple of years you could walk on the street and just see a random robot walking across you. You say hi and it says hi back. And then perhaps who knows? 👀

It can only be good in security, medical emergency uses and maybe thats all. In everything else it is just childish and will do more harm than good.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

37 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

In couple of years you could walk on the street and just see a random robot walking across you. You say hi and it says hi back.

When chatbot technologies are incorporated into humanoid robots, they become powerful devices capable of love and healing. But it's not going to happen anytime soon!

4 minutes ago, An young being said:

When chatbot technologies are incorporated into humanoid robots, they become powerful devices capable of love and healing. But it's not going to happen anytime soon!

Why not? It is already happening as we speak  .. most website customer service already run on AI..

36 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

It can only be good in security, medical emergency uses and maybe thats all. In everything else it is just childish and will do more harm than good.

It will push civilization into a new paradigm. But it will be a double edged sword .. with all the good and the bad. 

10 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Why not? It is already happening as we speak  .. most website customer service already run on AI..

Because generative text based AIs are comparatively easier to create but difficult to be disciplined enough to be used for commercial and healthcare purposes. There's a reason why Google hasn't incorporated their chatbot yet into their personal assistant devices. Speaking about customer service, most of them are very simple AIs, which simply work based on direct text inputs given by its developers.

Also, humanoid robots are not that easy to create at affordable costs, especially the ones that can walk.

Edited by An young being

20 minutes ago, An young being said:

Because generative text based AIs are comparatively easier to create but difficult to be disciplined enough to be used for commercial and healthcare purposes. 

It is already being used. In couple of years it will be advanced enough to fully incorporate it.

5 hours ago, StarStruck said:

It is already being used. In couple of years it will be advanced enough to fully incorporate it.

Good if it's done so. I just hope they don't push half baked products into the critical markets for the sake of getting bigger market shares.

7 hours ago, StarStruck said:

In couple of years you could walk on the street and just see a random robot walking across you. You say hi and it says hi back. And then perhaps who knows? 👀

I’ve experienced this already :P

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

14 hours ago, StarStruck said:

It is already happening as we speak  .. most website customer service already run on AI..

‘Most’ is absolutely an overstatement. It’s at the experimental stage now as there are still fundamental issues.

LLM support bots may be able to answer basic questions about your product, but they also have a 0.001% chance of calling your customer a buck-toothed jackass, which voids all of its potential advantages.

They also can’t be trusted with anything remotely secure because of how easily they’re tricked. Imagine your bank used ChatGPT support bot? It would be a nightmare.

LLMs are very impressive, but they’re just hard to refine and control by their nature. This is a good thing in many ways, but it is inherently risky for a business to use them to communicate with customers directly.

Edited by something_else

I'll be surprised when the compounding effect actually starts

Waiting for the "I, Robot" moment when machines rebel against humans.

Edited by UnbornTao

And soon we’ll have a revolutionary new food machine that can morph your Apple to a Mac and Cheese!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI