The White Belt

Help Me To Design A Fear Training Programme.

14 posts in this topic

Sup everybody.

We know that happy people, self-actualized people, and enlightened people have a great handle on fear.

Fear can debilitate us. Hold us in place. Stop us from reaching our full potential, no matter what it is to each individual.

By constantly attacking fearful situations, and overcoming them, we can; thrive, grow wisdom, grow bravery, and become heroes of our lives. 

Help me by giving me some challenges, that I will complete, and I will log about here as I can complete them.

They can be daily challenges, weekly, month or yearly. It can be one small suggestion, or many. It's up to you.

I will compile everybody's answer into a programme of sorts, that anybody on the forum can use.

Let's desensitize from fear, and stop holding ourselves back, together.

Thanks for your help! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Counterphobic behavior is not the same as fearlessness. It is actually the same as fear.

If you have social anxiety: Force yourself to going out once per week (use these kind of websites if no friends).

If you've little sex experience and it bothers you: Go on a weekly (or multiple) tinder "date", just focus on 35+ girls, if you explain what you want, most of them won't see any problem, they'll even be flattered.

If you want a girlfriend/boyfriend and you're shy: Force yourself to talk to girls/boys at social events (at least one per week)/or online dating (at least 1 profile per day) if you're introvert and wants an introvert partner. Also practice your funnyness daily (as a guy).

If you have fear concerning public speaking: Go join a toastmasters group (or whatever the wooof it is named in your country), impro class, book sharing (when you talk about what you read), pick one and do it every week.

If you fear the dark: Every day for 5 minutes, turn off the lights and just wait.

I don't know about fear of failure/intimacy, seems like it is either serious mental issues or just plain bad experiences (not enough of).

Edit: Lul, just opened tinder, and I feel the fear coming up, ok so ... you I pick you :P

So many fake profile xD

SO MANY FAKE PROFILE, HOLY SHIT !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Toby Nice one Toby. Thanks for the help. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

enter a public place and sing loudly or dance by yourself, be it the mall, a metro, a cafe, a restaurant, a bus stop....singing/dancing in front of others are the hardest thing to do for next to everyone in society. 

if you really want to tackle fear that's the way to do it, that's gladiator training

edit: I wouldn't say its the way to do it, this is the way if you really want to go at it hard, but your comfortable pace is the best pace

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Arkandeus Like it.

― Shunryu Suzuki

8 hours ago, Toby said:

Counterphobic behavior is not the same as fearlessness. It is actually the same as fear.

There isn't such a thing as fearlessness. Yet counterphobia isn't the same as fear at all. It's a fear busting strategy, when used properly. It is of interest to note that studies have concluded that individuals with counterphobia have higher IQs, are fiercely independent, self-assured and emotionally stable.

― Shunryu Suzuki

I'm not a psychologist or scientist, I can only speak from my experience. For me, seeking out situations to "conquer" fear was driven by fear and not wanting to be weak. It was a pushing trough or over fear or even an attraction or excitement by the "fearful" situation. For me, it is based on fear and maybe I'm a bit too "shy" or sensitive, but in some ways it was even retraumatizing or counterproductive because the situations like pickup-mass-approaching were too overwhelming that I pushed the fear more into my system or dissoziated. I could do it, but the fear wasn't really met. The only way I found to meet the fear was and is in a meditative way, in formal meditation or even in situations. That's just my experience, but hey, maybe you are hooked up differently and it is beneficial to some degree.

Edit: it's a bit like people who are constantly angry. In reality they are avoiding feeling angry and so the have to act out on it. It's the same with fear. It's avoided and you have to act it out by either withdrawing or seeking out the situations. Both based on avoidance.

Edited by Toby

@Toby Thanks for your elaboration.

― Shunryu Suzuki

First you need to ask as many people as you can, ask them what is their biggest fear in life and why they are scared.

every body has fear, we all scared of something, but what do you do at that point when you feel that you are scared to do something. every time i m scared of doing something, i know that i have to do it, i just go on & just do it.

FEAR IS NOT REAL, DON'T LET IT STOP YOU.

The fear of going all in.

When it comes to physical death I'm not afraid, because I'm in control (extreme sports).

But the fear of "letting go" through psychedelic experience for example (ego death) is something I struggle with.

I haven't done any psychedelic, it seems very challenging.

Edited by Soulbass

Guess you have to analize fear in itself what it is.

Like Teal Swan says fear for the unknown doesnt exist. I found that a very nice statement.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:23 AM, BeginnerActualizer said:

Help me by giving me some challenges

We need to know what might be some of your fears, specifically? Give us some insight into you.

On 4/5/2017 at 10:35 AM, Arkandeus said:

enter a public place and sing loudly or dance by yourself

You may appear a big-cup-o-crazy doing this, but if it were to break up something that's got you by the throat, then go for it. There are specific ways to re-experience oneself around what one may have labeled as fearing or fearful.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:23 AM, BeginnerActualizer said:

we can; thrive, grow wisdom, grow bravery, and become heroes of our lives

So this is what you want to create, awesome, but still looking for specifics from you about your fears. Why I ask is more about the "conversation" you made up that evokes fear versus a blanket experience of fear.