Wisebaxter

Chat GPT-4 free using Bing

8 posts in this topic

I saw @Leo Gura posted about on his blog about Chat-GPT and how GPT-4 can access the internet so I just wanted to say that you can access GPT-4 for free using Bing Instead of paying Open AI, in case anyone wasn't aware. It has more of a personality too and a human feel, although it will shut you down quicker than Open AI's version if you get too controversial with it. Like a real person it displays a level of morality and you can often feel a bit judged, but it holds you to account and is usually right from a higher-consciousness standpoint. Well you could argue that morality is counter to that...but you get me. Anyway  I like that love and kindness seem to be very present. I think Open AI's GPT-4 is still worth having though so you can have a broader scope with what you can talk about. For example with Open AI's GPT-3 I created a D&D game and had it play out the campaign as the Dungeon Master. I didn't even have to teach it the rules. Bing's GPT-4  couldn't do this effectively. You can also create an old school text adventure with your own story and get more sexual or violent with the story without being told to respect its boundaries or else. 

Open AI's Chat GPT-4 does not have 'direct' access to the internet though, like Bing does, as far as I know....but it has data from the internet fed into it apparently. Would still pay for it definitely as you'd be a beast with access to both. I'm going to create a separate thread to talk about the the Image creator and see if we can get people posting their images as that could be fun

Edited by Wisebaxter

Bing is just pulling up articles from the internet and it's reasoning is just trash.

14 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

Open AI's Chat GPT-4 does not have 'direct' access to the internet though, like Bing does, as far as I know....

It used to not, but it officially does now. The Browsing feature became official in October. That means GPT-4 uses Bing whenever it needs to do research on current information it doesn’t know about yet.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Bing is way too restricted unfortunately.

I prefer using an open sourced model like GPT4all. You can download it and use it on your pc locally. There are multiple open source models that you can choose from. They are much smaller compared to GPT4, but it can get some job done + it can read all the documents that you give it access to + it doesn't have any restrictions placed upon it, and most importantly it is run locally on your pc and it doesn't even need internet access to be run, so no one will have access to your info. 

chatgpt is way better. i used both. the quality of answer is higher

10 hours ago, zurew said:

Bing is way too restricted unfortunately.

I prefer using an open sourced model like GPT4all. You can download it and use it on your pc locally. There are multiple open source models that you can choose from. They are much smaller compared to GPT4, but it can get some job done + it can read all the documents that you give it access to + it doesn't have any restrictions placed upon it, and most importantly it is run locally on your pc and it doesn't even need internet access to be run, so no one will have access to your info. 

@zurew I do like the idea of having no restrictions. I find even the Open AI chatbot will shut me down from time to time - being the sick fucker that I am :D Thanks for the post 

8 hours ago, OBEler said:

chatgpt is way better. i used both. the quality of answer is higher

@OBEler Yeah and much faster too. I do like the fact that bing seems to have more of a personality though. As the Wolf says, personality goes a long way :)