Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustinS

Nightmares After A Good Day Of Meditation

11 posts in this topic

Been getting some upsetting dreams the past few days. Whenever I wake up I'm in such a relief that it was only a "dream." Because of this I feel a sense of relief like as if I've let go of something deep in my subconscious that have been bugging me for months. 

Does this happen to anyone else? 

@JustinS Yes especially in the beginning of my journey. It is your traumatised self finally getting your attention, at first only in the dream-state, but as you become more and more aware of it, it will be coming during the day.
Don't be afraid though. Be very excited. This is awesome shit man, you are waking up your potential and light is working your whole being.
Know that you are loved, know that you're love.
<3

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

I woke up 4 times last night, weird nightmares. I normally don't dream at all (marijuana side effect).

Any tips @Martin123 ?

@zazed read my shadow-work guide there are some good exercises and tips.

the most important aspect is self-love. You can never have enough of that.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

This is "normal". Don't worry and let it play itself out. You don't have to do something about it imo.

@zazed I used to smoke alot and when I quit the part of the withdrawals were night terrors, I mean full on demons, homicides, and shit. I've also read that this is common with others when they start to lean off weed. It lasts only about a week or so nothing to worry about. 

@Martin123 Thank you, I feel lighter week by week and feel as though I'm shedding some old skin. 

It's true regarding the weed.
It reduces your REM sleep, when you quit you rebound and get a boost in REM sleep, causing intense dreaming.

But i'm not doing that much less, i've been managing my habit for some time and am only smoking in the evening.
Should be the same. But who knows.

I've meditated daily for 8 months now and my dreams, almost every night, are very vivid, not necessarily terrifying or scary though. They usually involve people or events from the past which were deeply ingrained for years and years. Sometimes I'll wake up and realise that I dreamed almost the whole night.

If it's a sign that the old is being worked through, I say bring them on.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com