ivankiss

The character never awakens. Consciousness does.

83 posts in this topic

why complicate everything so much? What is important is not the form, but the essence. awakening is opening yourself to reality, to the living infinity. It is not realizing that you are an alien or that this is a dream. Those are psychedelic delusions, very fun, I like them, the psychedelic world is fascinating, but we must not lose sight of reality. reality is what it is. I'm a guy with a phone. No! you are an alien dreaming etc. ok ok, maybe, but the reality is: are you open to the glory of total reality or not? have you ever opened up? you have to let the self fall. Within that self that falls are the aliens, the dreams, the imaginary and everything else. then only the real remains: the total depth alive

Edited by Breakingthewall

Well said!

May you realize you are sitting on your Inmortal Throne of Bliss, and you have no obligations of any kind but to enjoy What You Are. Shambo

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

Damn .you are a smart guy. Did not expect that you easily fall into the "there is no you to awaken " Neo-Advaitan crap.

Haha I hear Leo.

Lemme put it this way....

Is being directly conscious, right here, right now... neo - advaitan crap?

You and other members might have a problem with this method/approach. So do I, sometimes. But don't confuse the method of peeling layers of conditioning away for actual, direct awareness. That's what this is all about.

What many people here on this forum don't seem to understand is that (Neo-)Advaitan pointers are not meant as instructions on what (not) to do. They are apragmatic expressions, directly hinting at the non-dual side of reality as it is here and now.

The great paradox of awakening is that it usually takes a great deal of prolonged effort to cross the bridge that leads from separation consciousness to the "other side"... at which point it is immediately recognized that there is no bridge, no other side and noone who could put in any effort.

Why so serious?

@Breakingthewall Well, do you contradict yourself in that comment?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

What's so funny about it ..it's a fucking Buddhist fish. Like duh..

Cut the carp!

◭"89"

Okay here is my question that I find sorta paradoxical 

If the character can’t awaken, how do you remember your awakenings? How do you contemplate them?

◭"89"

@Thought Art

Who says there needs to be a "you" to remember something for remembrance to happen? A you to contemplate something for contemplation to happen?

If there are clouds floating in the sky, does there have to be a "you" in order for them to appear?

Why so serious?

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

You raise the interesting and subtle question: Can a thought-form evolve independently from its creator? In this case: Can the I-construct evolve, mature, awaken? Does a thought-form, a tulpa or egregore say, have agency? 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

@Bazooka Jesus I am everything. That is the “I” or “Self” taught by Ramana Maharishi 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

9 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Still not as brilliant as me… I’m the type of lad to move one step forward and one hundred steps sideways.

Sidewards when looked from a different angle makes it look like moving upwards.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

If the character can’t awaken, how do you remember your awakenings? How do you contemplate them?

Simply by thinking (right now).

And yes, a thought is consciousness too, ultimately. But once that duality collapses, there is no more thinking, no memories, etc. Only direct infinite consciousness.

38 minutes ago, rachMiel said:

You raise the interesting and subtle question: Can a thought-form evolve independently from its creator? In this case: Can the I-construct evolve, mature, awaken? Does a thought-form, a tulpa or egregore say, have agency? 

Interesting question indeed.

Independently from its creator... no. I'd argue that it cannot. I'd also say that a thought form never actually evolves. It's just one thought replaced by another seemingly more advanced thought.

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

why complicate everything so much? What is important is not the form, but the essence. 

For weird reasons beyond my comprehension, I read form as forum.

39 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Bazooka Jesus I am everything. That is the “I” or “Self” taught by Ramana Maharishi 

"I" is a random label for that which is prior to all labels. Taking pointers literally is the mother of all spiritual fuckups.

Why so serious?

6 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

(Can a thought-form evolve) Independently from its creator... no. I'd argue that it cannot. I'd also say that a thought form never actually evolves. It's just one thought replaced by another seemingly more advanced thought.

Thought-forms definitely *seem* at times to take on a life of their own. The extent to which they actually do or not is worth exploring, I think. In another thread, wouldn't be appropriate here. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

@Bazooka Jesus Well, yeah sure I is a pointer 

But, this “I” I’m pouting to is absolute 

I’m not confusing the map for the territory. 

But, English is not the right medium for these types of things. I guess, awakening is… and that isn’t a medium.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, rachMiel said:

Thought-forms definitely *seem* at times to take on a life of their own. The extent to which they actually do or not is worth exploring, I think. In another thread, wouldn't be appropriate here. 

Hm... I wouldn't say that's the case in actuality. But seemingly, yes, anything can be :D 

29 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

But, this “I” I’m pouting to is absolute 

Very hard to imagine, maybe like this?;

OIG (9).jpeg

Or something like this:

OIG.JzS670M.jpeg

Edited by An young being

1 hour ago, An young being said:

Very hard to imagine, maybe like this?;

OIG (9).jpeg

Or something like this:

OIG.JzS670M.jpeg