Thought Art

Byron Katie’s Work

17 posts in this topic

Has anyone been diving into The Work of Byron Katie? 

Ive been reading the book and I know I would benefit from doing it. I think there are people I’m resenting and angry with right now, and the way I’m dealing with it is immature and shows a lack of character, integrity and consciousness. 

example:

I feel so much resentment over the loan I was encouraged to take out a loan for this marketing course. As a result I have been leaving some negative reviews of their business. Which, actually saps my happiness because I feel I’m in conflict. But, I also feel they scammed me. 

Ive been read Byron’s book called “Loving What Is”.  But, a problem I have with it is when I read the books and do the work I end up feeling it’s all trivial. Is it true or not true? Sometimes it feels like both. 

Id like to develop a more mature mind. I’m not sure if what I’m doing is right or wrong. Wondering if you have been doing the work as well. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I know I need to take 100% responsibility, but i feel wronged. i feel like a victim. Am I wrong?

I need to sit down and really do the work here. I’ve been avoiding doing it deeply and truly.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Let them be first, neither act it out nor suppress. Enjoy being the victim. You're doing that because it gets you something. 

I'd suggest you acknowledge your experience as it is by letting it be completely, and look into it. Then unnecessary activities are organically dropped.

@UnbornTao I sort of think my aggression towards them comes when I come out of my feeling of helplessness. The anger I feel has a power in it that is more life affirming that just being some victim who these people encouraged to do something dumb. I trusted them, which was my first mistake. I bought their stupid mentorship program like a week before Leo put out his "How to avoid getting scammed and screwed in life" video. Which, sort of sucked but also helped me reflect so I can avoid this in the future.

Specifically to Byron Katies work its worth finding out what is true. I will allow myself to write the reviews because they are my current experience and perspective. But, to save myself from needless stress and anguish I should do the work to begin healing. I can forgive these people for being selfish scam artist scalpers, and I can take responsibility by getting out of debt and practicing mature financial practices. They aren't opposites I think.

◭"89"

15 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Ive been read Byron’s book called “Loving What Is”.  But, a problem I have with it is when I read the books and do the work I end up feeling it’s all trivial. Is it true or not true? Sometimes it feels like both. 

@Thought Art This might help:

"As you consider the situation again, ask yourself, “Is it true that Paul doesn’t listen to me?” Be still. If you really want to know the truth, the honest yes or no from within will rise to meet the question as you recall that situation in your mind’s eye. Let the mind ask the question, and wait for the answer that surfaces. (The answer to the first two questions is just one syllable long; it’s either yes or no. Notice if you experience any defense as you answer. If your answer includes “because . . .” or “but . . . ,” this is not the one-syllable answer you are looking for, and you’re no longer doing The Work. You’re looking for freedom outside yourself. I’m inviting you into a new paradigm."

^ Quote above is from https://thework.com/instruction-the-work-byron-katie/, specifically the excerpt about the mind at home

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax I Will do thé worksheet and process tomorrow on this marketing company. The way I’m going about it, and the debt I have is severely affecting my well being. The sooner I do the work the better. 

Not just the poverty I find myself in, but the way I’m perceiving it is worse. Really, I’m not so bad off. I have everything but food and freedom really. But, I can fix it. I’ll be all the wiser for it. I’m not letting my parents give me money either. I’M A GROWN MAN. I’m 28 years old and I will fix my own damn life and make it work. 

The most valuable thing I can develop is a mature, wise, balanced patient, and educated mind with lots of experience. From this, my success with develop over the long term. This problem will take time to fix. Honestly, I can be debt free from a single tree planting season so that’s what I’m gonna do. 

Fuck this marketing company and their scalping practices. But, god damnit they won’t torture me for one more day. I won’t torture myself. I won’t scalp myself.

I’ve been sort of unbalanced the last week or so. But, I can see myself maturing through it. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

On 30/11/2023 at 2:21 PM, Thought Art said:

@UnbornTao I sort of think my aggression towards them comes when I come out of my feeling of helplessness. The anger I feel has a power in it that is more life affirming that just being some victim who these people encouraged to do something dumb. I trusted them, which was my first mistake. I bought their stupid mentorship program like a week before Leo put out his "How to avoid getting scammed and screwed in life" video. Which, sort of sucked but also helped me reflect so I can avoid this in the future.

Specifically to Byron Katies work its worth finding out what is true. I will allow myself to write the reviews because they are my current experience and perspective. But, to save myself from needless stress and anguish I should do the work to begin healing. I can forgive these people for being selfish scam artist scalpers, and I can take responsibility by getting out of debt and practicing mature financial practices. They aren't opposites I think.

I should have clarified that by letting them be, I meant your feelings. Experiencing things tends to dissolve them.

Okay. Also stop beating yourself up, that's a start. 

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Ulax I Will do thé worksheet and process tomorrow on this marketing company. The way I’m going about it, and the debt I have is severely affecting my well being. The sooner I do the work the better. 

Not just the poverty I find myself in, but the way I’m perceiving it is worse. Really, I’m not so bad off. I have everything but food and freedom really. But, I can fix it. I’ll be all the wiser for it. I’m not letting my parents give me money either. I’M A GROWN MAN. I’m 28 years old and I will fix my own damn life and make it work. 

The most valuable thing I can develop is a mature, wise, balanced patient, and educated mind with lots of experience. From this, my success with develop over the long term. This problem will take time to fix. Honestly, I can be debt free from a single tree planting season so that’s what I’m gonna do. 

Fuck this marketing company and their scalping practices. But, god damnit they won’t torture me for one more day. I won’t torture myself. I won’t scalp myself.

I’ve been sort of unbalanced the last week or so. But, I can see myself maturing through it. 

@Thought Art You got this bro

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

“You’re either attaching to your thoughts or inquiring. There’s no other choice.” - Byron Katie

◭"89"

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art Check out the YouTube channel “always in the now”.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Mada_ How so?

◭"89"

I did my first work session for about 2 hours yesterday on that marketing course. It’s pretty powerful stuff. I plan on using it more to help clean up more of my resentments toward others. I noticed in the contents of the book it can also be applied to any thoughts about anything which I will do.

I can see this practice, along with affirmation, Qigong, psychedelics, meditation, reading etc being very powerful to my clarity of mind, my maturity and my character. 

◭"89"

it's powerful stuff. You can also check out her YT channel. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

On 4/12/2023 at 4:45 AM, Thought Art said:

@Mada_ How so?

I just start working down a worksheet, an each time I get to “who am I without that thought” I feel a big release. Instantly puts me in a good mood, I don’t even need to do a full worksheet. 

Then I take lsd