NineHfanbase

Undecided whether to pursue life experience or isolate and discover Truth?

79 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation. This is in reference to Leo’s “Expose yourself to more Experience” video. 

I want to experience more things to grow as a person. But I also want to “diminish” my ego by doing as little as possible, and focus all my energy and spare time on discovering Truth. I can’t decide..

Right now im training to compete in an amateur boxing fight in February, my first ever. The training is extensive (every day) and gruelling. If I’m not at work, I’m at the gym training. I think theres significant growth to be had from doing this, which is why I’ve committed.

My main concern is my ego. I’ve always been into combat sports and the image of being a fighter is like my ego’s wet dream. Im worried im putting all this time and effort to uphold a fiction, and the end result will just be a stronger, more dissatisfied ego in an even deeper rut.

I tell myself that im still young and what else is there to do with my time? But deep down, I know what the Truth is, and what’s the point of putting in all this energy into a lie? 

Edited by NineHfanbase
Grammar

It's not a lie, it's a good way to expose yourself. If you are smart you will not inflate your ego by doing amateur fights, even professional ones. In the case that something so ridiculous happens to you, you can think, for example, that there have always been men willing to fight in terrible battles, to give their lives for a cause, to endure the worst tortures.

Inflating your ego for anything is absolutely stupid and you already know it, it may happen for a few days or maybe months but if you fight against it you can be humble while doing difficult things. It is very positive spiritually to get out of your comfort zone, to expose yourself. It makes you more open, less fearful, and these are necessary qualities for spirituality

12 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

Im worried im putting all this time and effort to uphold a fiction, and the end result will just be a stronger, more dissatisfied ego in an even deeper rut.

its true that the ego cant have a good time realising stuff doesnt really exist, and youd have to experience the whole thing's resistances and attachments and fears and work it out over years... then every once in a while, a moment of great clarity, great synchronicity... just the dreamer and the mind

Maybe it doesn't have to be an either/or? Form (boxing) is emptiness (truth), emptiness is form. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

Appreciate the responses.

Just had a profound realization while high on weed, and it made me understand a quote I came across a while ago.

It goes something like “In isolation, man kills himself, in a group, the group kills him”

and another that says basically the same thing, “do it or don’t do it, you will regret both”

The ego acts as if what it does is so important, that you have to sit and dwell on it until you come up with a decision. But the ego is so delusional that it will either eventually drive itself crazy or be driven to insanity. It thinks it has to come up with a decision to find that cushiony “safe spot” in life where there is no suffering, but the thinking itself is what is causing the suffering.  

How old are you?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Become familiar and comfortable with both extreme isolation as well as fearless exploration and connection.

Stillness and movement.

You should feel a nudge on the inside, telling you what's relevant for you to go through at this time. The cycle can last for whatever amount of time. You will know when it's time to break out of it.

...did I mention... time? How many times?

There's no time going to waste. No matter where you are or are not, no matter what you are or are not doing.

Then again, you don't actually have to decide anything. Life tends to do a great job of getting you where you need to be, right on time.

Edited by ivankiss

28 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Become familiar and comfortable with both extreme isolation as well as fearless exploration and connection.

Stillness and movement.

You should feel a nudge on the inside, telling you what's relevant for you to go through at this time. The cycle can last for whatever amount of time. You will know when it's time to break out of it.

...did I mention... time? How many times?

There's no time going to waste. No matter where you are or are not, no matter what you are or are not doing.

Then again, you don't actually have to decide anything. Life tends to do a great job of getting you where you need to be, right on time.

good advice, thanks 

23 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

Im worried im putting all this time and effort to uphold a fiction, and the end result will just be a stronger, more dissatisfied ego in an even deeper rut.

God is Infinite Imagination.

Discover yourself as the Creator of this INFINITE DREAM!

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

6 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

and another that says basically the same thing, “do it or don’t do it, you will regret both”

IMG_3822-min.jpeg

Edited by Yimpa

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

35 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

God is Infinite Imagination.

Discover yourself as the Creator of this INFINITE DREAM!

Right! I always fall into the trap of believing there’s some higher being that’s figuring life out for me, and I have to be attuned to what he wants me to do by following hints. Relieves me of the responsibility of taking shit into my own hands. 

@NineHfanbase right there with you. You are brave for challenging core beliefs about yourself. It’s actually easier to stay stuck in that old system of thinking, rather than pop out of it and experience yourself differently.

@NineHfanbase You’re still pretty young. Have you seen Leo’s contemplation on it?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@NineHfanbase There is a saying you can only know truth in the mirror of "other" human beings

So yeah of course I say you can do both

Leo is fooled by his self-actualization bullshit. You don't need to polish your ego to awaken. In fact, it's a trap. Leo is so entangled in the illusion that it's funny. He is currently learning about countries that don't really exist, since it's a dream, just to distract himself from his purposeless existence. He still believes that God created this sick universe and wants to learn about it. Lol. 

Wisen up, my dear, unexistant, ego created hallucinations. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

On 11/26/2023 at 9:59 PM, Yimpa said:
On 11/27/2023 at 0:32 AM, Thought Art said:

@NineHfanbase You’re still pretty young. Have you seen Leo’s contemplation on it?

I have. I feel the message is in this vid is similar to the “Expose yourself to Experience” vid. Basically, fulfill your ego’s desires to see that nothing you do on the form level will satisfy you. 

i guess my confusion comes from mixed messages. (Not complaining, ultimately nothing you do really matters) but Some videos tell you to isolate and go on the Hero’s Journey, and are endorsed by videos like the Social Matrix and How Socialization makes you stupid. Others tell you to experience life and see past the bullshit. 

34 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Leo is fooled by his self-actualization bullshit. You don't need to polish your ego to awaken. In fact, it's a trap. Leo is so entangled in the illusion that it's funny. He is currently learning about countries that don't really exist, since it's a dream, just to distract himself from his purposeless existence. He still believes that God created this sick universe and wants to learn about it. Lol. 

Wisen up, my dear, unexistant, ego created hallucinations. 

I agree in that Leo isn’t perfect and we shouldn’t treat him like God. But his insights are highly powerful and rare. The trick is to learn how to use them wisely without getting stuck in traps. But even if you do get stuck in traps, you’re God anyway? No harm no foul.

21 minutes ago, NineHfanbase said:

I agree in that Leo isn’t perfect and we shouldn’t treat him like God. But his insights are highly powerful and rare. The trick is to learn how to use them wisely without getting stuck in traps. But even if you do get stuck in traps, you’re God anyway? No harm no foul.

There is harm in getting stuck in a dream. The harm is suffering, decay, pain and eventually death, on repeat, for thousands of lifetimes. Harmful enough? That's why non-perfect teachers like Leo are extremely dangerous. They give you conceptual truths and glimpses through drugs, but don't awaken you, giving you a false sense of accomplishment, which leads you to sleep without waking up, without a sense of hurry or clear path home, hence more lifetimes of suffering, both physical and mental, sometimes very extreme, as you have definately experienced, likely millions of times throughout your lives. So yeah, not that good of a teacher.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

29 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

There is harm in getting stuck in a dream. The harm is suffering, decay, pain and eventually death, on repeat, for thousands of lifetimes. Harmful enough? That's why non-perfect teachers like Leo are extremely dangerous. They give you conceptual truths and glimpses through drugs, but don't awaken you, giving you a false sense of accomplishment, which leads you to sleep without waking up, without a sense of hurry or clear path home, hence more lifetimes of suffering, both physical and mental, sometimes very extreme, as you have definately experienced, likely millions of times throughout your lives. So yeah, not that good of a teacher.

Interesting take.

What is your approach to life/ awakening?