StarStruck

Would you survive in India?

48 posts in this topic

A Westerner could live in a big Indian city without much issue. They'd get a job, providing they are a professional, with ease and there would generally be the same conveniences that exist in a large Western city. 

Rural India might be different, though i doubt the culture shock would be massive. 

As a half american, half indian, seeing blatant racism like this is honestly pretty hurtful 

And then seeing no defense or moderation is like extra fucked lmao 

Dudes out here calling indians classic stereotypes lmao unhygenic, scammers, mysognists and more 

Just need someone to call them horny and cheap and this thread can tick all the boxes 

Gg I'm outta this forum 

Edited by Jacob Morres

35 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

Dudes out here calling indians classic stereotypes lmao unhygenic, scammers, mysognists and more 

The truth is, all these stuff exists in India, and comparatively more common than in western countries, but they are exaggerated to great proportions by a few. Many also fail to see the reasons behind such behaviours and develop hatred instead of compassion. Lack of quality education, infrastructure and healthcare has played a vital role in these stereotyped behaviours.

No, I would not survive in India, but I have mad respect for those who are living there.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

16 hours ago, Yimpa said:

No, I would not survive in India, but I have mad respect for those who are living there.

I think there are probably a lot of prevalent misconceptions about what life in India is like among people who have never been here. I've met quite a few expats already, and they say that life is much more easy and relaxed here (at least for a Westener) than in places like the US, especially if you're an artist.

Even though there are some things I have yet to get used to (and haven't seen much of the country as of yet), I could definitely see myself living here at some point. The energy is much less heavy and contorted than in Europe, let alone Germany... and the people are so unbelievably friendly that it's almost uncanny, lol!

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus that’s a beautiful perspective. I’d have to let go of many of my biases to really enjoy living in India fully.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Yes I would survive in India and I have a positive view of Indians, really buttressed by working with Indians at my job, although it is sad the damage Modi is doing to India's reputation and the support he has among the north indians. 

Please don't spread those shitty stereotypes and prejudice, there are real world effects on real people. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse