The Renaissance Man

What do you think about Julien Blanc's transformation model?

10 posts in this topic

The model "levels of transformation" explains how different stages will need different approaches to improve in life.

I feel like this model describes the evolution of your behavioral drivers for improvement.
Basically, the lower you are on the scale, the lower your energy will be, and the unhealthier your driver for improvement will be. At the same time, you can't jump up more than 1-2 levels, as it would be too far from where you currently are, and wouldn't be effective.

The levels from "worst" to "best" so we all have them in front of us:
PS - He talks about those in his videos plenty of times, so I'm not divulgating some paid secret material.

• Apathy
  • Grief
  • Fear
  • Anger
  • Courage
  • Desire
  • Purpose
  • Love

He says this model is original to him. This is quite different from spiral dynamics. I think it maps an entirely different aspect of the psyche, although higher spiral levels may gravitate toward higher "transformation levels".

Do you know other resources that could help understand this model? Maybe some other psychological models that are similar, or some other principles that explain this evolution in other terms and more detail.

My question for you, please only answer if you have some well-thought opinions and ideally experience.

• What's your experience with the model? What's your opinion and why?
  • Did you actually find it practical and effective? I'm especially talking about the model and how you progress through the levels, not about the "letting go" technique

@The Renaissance Man It is similar to David Hawkins scale.

Models/Levels are cool but it can mess with your ego.

You'll be self-conscious of your experience trying to figure out at "what stage am I now?" kind of thinking.

IPEC coaching has a very similar model called Levels of Being.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When did he say it’s original to him? I’m pretty sure he said it was based off Frederick Dodson or someone.

It seems like a pretty good model, I’ve definitely seen patterns of it, he is on to something and if true this blows open a lot of self help advice as being ineffective because it tries to get people to skip steps.

These are not levels, they are Emotions.

And they are crucial for your Growth.

More on that here

The Scale is from David Hawkins who himself got it from eastern religion/Scientology.

The model is just a tool to get you to apply the letting go technique :x

Everything is energy, thoughts, emotions, feeling.

But to that extend the model is great.

The question is, is there resistance towards that energy or can it be welcomed?

Thanks everyone I'll do some cross-referencing in the future and experiment a bit.

10 hours ago, Raze said:

When did he say it’s original to him?

In his videos he says this exact model is his, but he often mentions David Hawkins and others. He doesn't pretend to have discovered this stuff all by himself.

11 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

Models/Levels are cool but it can mess with your ego.

You'll be self-conscious of your experience trying to figure out at "what stage am I now?" kind of thinking.

I'm interested in understanding the growth process, I find it both useful and very fascinating.
I don't really care about where I'm at, it's of no use after all, only adds one layer of perspective I don't need

@universe Yes he ultimately uses it as a map to understand what to let go of. He describes it as "levels of transformation" but I also interpreted it as emotions, in particular as the main driver pushing you forward to improve yourself. Are you driven by anger, fear, purpose, etc.

I feel like the model has something to it, but that it lacks some detail. If I explore the other resources mentioned in the other replies and experiment for myself I will probably be able to fill in the gaps.

My main question was about how accurate of a development map it was.

Some of their core ideas are good, like being more conscious of your emotions, accepting them which helps with relaxing and improving your mood. 

But it's surrounded with so much invented mental models and snake oil. I wish a more striped down version of it came to mind to recommend. Probably some of the videos with exercises by Leo