Buck Edwards

This is absolutely terrible and unacceptable

29 posts in this topic

Who appoints people like these? It's literally embarrassing. 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

Strange people are more outraged about him saying this than the US supporting it actually happening for decades

People change and get radicalized over time. His appointment was a long time ago.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Let’s be honest, all of us have spoken like that even privately, even if it’s not specifically about Palestinians.

Awareness of hatred deep within ourselves is key to letting go of it. The hate is not something outside of you.

I’m embarrassed for talking harshly about all my flaws. Nobody cares but me.

I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

People change and get radicalized over time. His appointment was a long time ago.

He served specifically in department of Palestine affairs, so he only became racist towards Palestinians right after his term ended? Sounds unlikely.

Edited by Raze

4 minutes ago, Raze said:

He served specifically in department of Palestine affairs, so he only became racist towards Palestinians right after his term ended? Sounds unlikely.

A massive terrorist attack tends to radicalize people.

And it's not like people wear their racism on their sleeves in a job interview.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A massive terrorist attack tends to radicalize people.

And it's not like people wear their racism on their sleeves in a job interview.

Israel has faced attacks for decades including under his watch. Yes he probably didn’t wear it on his sleeve but this is likely partially how he felt the entire time.

It’s funny he can excuse himself as being radicalized from violence and lashing out in the heat of the moment, but then can wonder why Hamas acts like that when they’re locked inside their whole lives, and 85% of their soldiers were orphans of people killed by the IDF raised by Hamas. The terrorists he’s upset at were just more extreme examples of what he’s going through.

I would want to see the full altercation though

there are too many cuts

not saying th guy isn’t a crazy racist or bigot

Call it for what it really is.

Mere shit talk.

You people are really something, I will just call you guys "Very Interesting People".

I have yet to see you pro-Palestine people condemn Oct 7 atrocities as:

Absolutely terrible and unacceptable

Not a single one of you.

But you will condemn mere shit talk as such.

3 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Not a single one of you.

Maths Test: Question 14

1 Israeli civilian is equal to 1 Palestinian civilian.

Hamas kills 1500 Israeli civilians.

Israel kills 15,000 Palestinian civilians.

How much more terrible and unacceptable is Israel relative to Hamas?

6xAmRai.png

5 minutes ago, kenway said:

Maths Test: Question 14

1 Israeli civilian is equal to 1 Palestinian civilian.

Hamas kills 1500 Israeli civilians.

Israel kills 15,000 Palestinian civilians.

How much more terrible and unacceptable is Israel relative to Hamas?

6xAmRai.png

I completely reject the death toll coming out from Gaza Health Ministry and so should you all reading this.

The GHM is under Hamas' controlled, who uses the death toll as war propaganda, where they specifically highlight a high number of dead children.

And let us not forget the combatants' death toll, rats who hides underground, whos death matters less than literal rats.

Israel is NOT evil, they do care about civilians, asking them to mouth south, calling off airstrikes if there are too many civilians around.

The same cannot be said about me, I don't care about dead Palestinian children.

@kenway You can't directly compare death tolls like that. Intentions and context of death tolls matter.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Call it for what it really is.

Mere shit talk.

You people are really something, I will just call you guys "Very Interesting People".

Not a single one of you.

But you will condemn mere shit talk as such.

Be mindful of your black and white, over-simplified, self-righteous attitude.

These are complex issues with no easy answers and no good vs bad guys.

Edited by Leo Gura

55 minutes ago, jaylimix said:

I completely reject the death toll coming out from Gaza Health Ministry and so should you all reading this.

The GHM is under Hamas' controlled, who uses the death toll as war propaganda, where they specifically highlight a high number of dead children.

And let us not forget the combatants' death toll, rats who hides underground, whos death matters less than literal rats.

They are for sure mixing it all out. In their eyes every Gazaian is authentically a combatant and vise versa. They doesnt do the seperation in their mind that we do. And also exaggarate this tendency intentionally.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF.

3 hours ago, jaylimix said:

The same cannot be said about me, I don't care about dead Palestinian children

You trolling?

8 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Most have. And any hesitation isn't because they don't think its terrible - its because they don't want them condemning the October 7 atrocity to be equated with them condemning the cause of the Palestinians.

People in extreme situations employ extreme tactics to emancipate themselves from those situations. The flaw of extreme tactics is that it makes the cause come across as a extreme one and thus not valid.

Extreme tactics when used rarely as a last resort to amplify attention to the cause in a world apathetic to it can be effective. It becomes ineffective when used regularly as a strategy, that makes it appear as if the status quo of the cause is itself extreme.  

Edited by zazen

4 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Israel is NOT evil, they do care about civilians, asking them to mouth south, calling off airstrikes if there are too many civilians around.

The same cannot be said about me, I don't care about dead Palestinian children.

The Gaza Health Ministry has historically undercounted deaths as confirmed by other reliable sources.

Most people on the pro Palestine side have condemned Oct 7, meanwhile you are admitting you are ok with children dying.

Edited by Raze

46 minutes ago, Raze said:

The Gaza Health Ministry has historically undercounted deaths as confirmed by other reliable sources..

Doesn't make sense to me but even if its true, now when hamas survival depends (in their eyes at least) on the international pressure on Israel (and come on, hamas controls the health ministry's statements) they will do everything to exaggarate the numbers to the sky.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF.

4 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Doesn't make sense to me but even if its true, now when hamas survival depends (in their eyes at least) on the international pressure on Israel (and come on, hamas controls the health ministry's statements) they will do everything to exaggarate the numbers to the sky.

Israel does everything it can to exaggerate the reasons for its bombing campaign including bombing hospitals. For example, the tunnels at Al-Shifa were built by Israel themselves which Ehud Barak confirmed on CNN:

They go take out Gaza's largest hospital with false claims of there being a command center and no proof to show for it. That's why the world is angry at Israel, because it's actions have been found to be based on many lies which continue to be caught out.

A senior US official said that the death toll caused by Israel’s assault on Gaza is likely far higher than the over 10,000 number being reported by Gaza’s Health Ministry. Barbara Leaf, assistant secretary of State said:

“In this period of conflict and conditions of war, it is very difficult for any of us to assess what the rate of casualties are. We think they’re very high, frankly, and it could be that they’re even higher than are being cited.”

After Biden accused the Palestinians of lying about the death toll, the UN and aid groups that have experience in Gaza backed the numbers coming from Gaza’s Health Ministry, saying they’re reliable. An Israeli security source told the Israeli newspaper Yediot Ahronot that Israel has killed around 20,000 Palestinians, but the number has not been backed up by another source.

Lets say even if the numbers were doubled by Hamas where they currently are at 14'000, that's still 7'000 dead of which most are women and children.

Edited by zazen